For Lovers of Music & Luxury – Close to the Basilica
Address: Hercegprímás utca 5., district V., city centre
The 49-room new luxury boutique hotel opened in April 2015 in a small street , Hercegprímás utca, near St. Stephen’s Basilica in the very centre of Budapest.
Henry Callan, who designed the famous Manhattan-based, book-themed hotels, the Library Collection, is behind this hotel project in downtown Budapest.See Rates!
Following the success of a Prague Aria hotel, he now aims to repeat the feat in Hungary’s capital.
Callan’s aim with Aria “to design a hotel for Budapest that felt like a private home with a distinctive personality and cultural experience along with the personal care for which we’re known”Quick Links: Why Stay? – Rates – Rooms & Suites – Other Highlights – Attractions Nearby
According to travellers’ who had the chance to stay at Aria, he succeeded to achieve this aim.
Entering the hotel you’ll feel transported to another world from the ordinary city street.
A subtle elegance that is not intimidating at all can be experienced in every detail from the lobby to rooms, courtyard or restaurants.
Rooms in the 7-storey historic building are dedicated to famous musicians and composers.
The building’s exterior has been carefully refurbished to its original 19th-century look.
Aria Hotel has a rich music and book collection that guests of the hotel can enjoy free of charge, along with a range of other services and amenities.
- A new hotel with a creative theme and tasteful interior decor: uniquely designed, spacious, luxurious rooms and suites, each named after a different composer/musician. Quality materials and finely elegant decor elements create a refined, classy atmosphere not only in the rooms but in other areas of the hotel.
- Superb central location with lots to see and do in the area: the St. Stephen Basilica with Hungary’s most revered relic, the Holy Right Hand of King St. Stephen, and the tomb of the most famous Hungarian, Ferenc Puskás, a Michelin-star restaurant just a few steps form the hotel in Sas utca: Borkonyha featuring modern Hungarian dishes in bistro style as well some excellent wines, the Danube is just a short walk to the east with nice vista, ideal for strolling along the stretch called Dunakorzó (Danube Promenade).
- Superb spa complex with pool filled with 35 degree water, Turkish steam bath “Hammam”, sauna, massages (try the Thai yoga massage), detox, and anti-aging treatments.
- Delicious buffet breakfast served in the Music Garden. offer includes cooked and cold meals: scrambled, fried or poached eggs, whole wheat toast, jams, butter, cold cuts, cheese selection, croissants, minimuffins, cereals and yogurts, fresh fruits and veggies etc.
- Wine and Cheese in the afternoon. local as well as international cheese selection, served with nuts, fruits and a choice of Hungarian red, white or sparkling wine.
- High speed internet- free WiFi access in all parts of the hotel.
- Complimentary bottle of local mineral water, Vis Vitalis from Pannonhalma, chocolates in the room.
- Last but not least professional, courteous and kind staff that will help you feel speacil and at home in this new, first-class hotel.
Room rates start from 216 EUR/night: this is for a 30-36 sqm luxury room with 1 king-size bed, the Aria room (36-39 sqm) with view of the courtyard costs 270 EUR/night.
Suites of course have higher per night rates. A night in the Liszt Studio Suite (45 sqm) starts from 329 EUR.
Rates go up in high season and at major events (Formula 1 Hungarian Race) and bank holidays (Easter, Christmas & New Year).
Rooms and suites in Aria are designed and decorated in various musical themes with all conveniences and modern equipment to ensure an unforgettable experience and utmost comfort for guests.
All rooms have coffee/tea maker, in-room iPad, multimedia entertainment center, docking station for iPod and Android, smart TV, hair dryer, bathrobe and slipper, heated towel rack, complimentary toiletries (soap, shampoo, body lotion, tooth paste) CD/DVD player, state-of-the-art sound system and you’ll also can use the digital music library.
Most rooms have a balcony overlooking the spectacular glass-covered inner courtyard, the Music Garden.
Some rooms come with a terrace with a view of the city.
Luxury Room with King Bed
These are the smallest rooms measuring 32-34 sqm/350-365/sqft).
Aria Signature Room
Size: 37-39 sqm/400-425 sqft – Double room with king bed and either with city or garden view, chic interior decor, large elegant bathroom with separate shower and tub, bidet toilet.
Grand Luxury Room – 2 Full-Size Beds, City View
Size: 36 sqm/385 sqft, ideal for 2 adults and 1 child
Terrace Room with King Bed, City View
Size: 29 sqm/307-325 sqft + 65-80 sqm terrace
These rooms are on the 5th floor and come with a large terrace overlooking the city.
Liszt Studio Suite
Size: 45 sqm/485 sqft
Designed and named after in honour of the famous Hungarian composer, Franz Liszt, the Liszt Suite boasts a sunlit, blue granite bathroom with a freestanding tub.
It has a king-size bed and all the other amenities listed in other rooms.
Size: 39 sqm/418 sqft, ideal for 2 adults and 2 kids
La Traviata 2-Bedroom Suite with Terrace – Ideal for Families
Size: 74 sqm/800 sqft
The La Traviata has two bedrooms, each with king size bed, a living room with sofa bed, two washrooms and a terrace.
Customize Your Suite
Aria has four Opera Parlors, essentially beautifully furnished living rooms without bed and bathroom, inspired by operas:
- Madame Butterfly, and the
- La Traviata with Terrace.
These can be used for meetings or special occasions or booked together with other rooms perfect for larger groups or families.
Photos are from the Hotel’s official website where you’ll find a lot more details and latest offers.
The dazzling glass covered courtyard is the focal point of the whole building. The uniquely structured glass roof lets in plenty of light and allows the view of the starry night sky.
Keynote floor tiles, plush settees, lots of gold and glitz make the courtyard a place to be during your stay.
A music and entertainment room adjacent to the Music Garden where you can enjoy concert, musical, opera, or ballet pieces.
High Note SkyBar
The rooftop bar is another extraordinary element of the Aria Hotel where you canmarvel at the amazing 360° panorama while sipping a cocktail.
It is comfortably furnished with chairs and settees.
You’ll feel as if you can touch the tower of the Basilica.
The terrace can be covered with retractable roof so guests can come up and have a great time throughout the year.
Adjacent to the lobby is the hotel’s restaurant where the unique music theme is also reflected in the design.
If you wish to try the local cuisine Stradivari is an excllent palce to do so.
They offer Hungarian dishes created with modern cooking techniques an in creative ways from top-quality, fresh ingredients.
Satchmo’s Bar & Library Lounge
You can relax here with a glass of cocktail, coffee or cake.
Sit by the romantic fireside on a cool evening or enjoy a light meal at the terrace, or nurse a drink at the vibrant, retro-style bar.
Spa & Recreation
The Harmony Spa is a relaxing retreat after a long city tour. Soak in the heated pool, sit in the Finnish or infra sauna or indulge in a Thai yoga massage or one of the detox and anti ageing treatments.
You can also excercise your body on state-of-the-art fitness machines and free weights.Buda Castle on the other side, or the Chain Bridge (Széchenyi Lánchíd) the first stone bridge over the river with another high-end hotel at its Pest bridgehead the Four Seasons Budapest Gresham Palace Hotel.
Szabadság Square and park with a couple of monuments and grand buildings is a short walk to the north of the hotel with a charming luxury boutique hotel at its egde, the Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest.
Besides the Basilica just a few steps from the hotel, you’ll be also within walking distance to the Parliament on Kossuth Square and the business district of Budapest.
The square in front of the imposing building was nicely redone in 2014: it has a huge manicured lawn dotted with statues of great Hungarians.
You can do a 1-hour guided tour of the Parliament and see the nation’s most revered relic: the Holy Crown of St. Stephen, founder and first king of Hungary.
Erzsébet Square south of Aria is also very near with a couple of nice terraced cafes, bars and restaurants: Akvárium, Fröccsterasz, Prosit Wine Bar, Terminal Restaurant.