Small Boutique Hotel in a Former Palace
Address: Lőrinc pap tér 2., district VIII., Palace Quarter
One of the best-value hotels in central Budapest, located in a hip area packed with cafes and restaurants.
The former palace was turned into a modern design hotel a couple of years ago. It offers convenient accommodation in 80 elegantly decorated rooms.
Rooms are not large, the wellness area is also on the small side, so the hotel is best suited for short term city breaks.
- If you want to see where 19th-century Hungarian noblemen lived then the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is your place to stay at in Budapest.
- Substantial buffet breakfast (you can make your own fresh fruit or veggie juice with the juicer), coffee and tea in the lobby till 17.00, convenient rooms with modern design.
- free internet (WiFi) in guest rooms as well as in public areas
- Close to all major sights. Trendy, upcoming neighbourhood with some popular events and festivals.
- Public transportation connections are excellent: the M3 (blue line) metro, as well as trams 4 and 6 have a stop nearby.
- Shops, bistros and cafes are also abound in the area.
- The hotel offers some great city break packages that includes a 3-hour bus sightseeing tour, substantial buffet breakfast, 3-course dinner in one of the city’s best restaurants: Múzeum Cafe, use of amenities and services included in all room prices Price of city break package is from around EUR 105 for 2 persons (a 4% city tax is not included, payable in the hotel upon check out).
Rooms are available in two categories:
- Superior rooms
- Junior Suites – have larger windows
All rooms have
- tasteful, modern decor
- private bathroom with shower and complimentary soap, shampoo and other toiletries
- wireless internet (free of charge)
- flat screen TV with satelite channels
- safety box (a laptop fits in)
All rooms are climatized so you can enjoy your stay both on hot summer days or in winter. Windows are soundproof so no street noise will disturb your stay.
Rooms for people in wheel chair or mobility problems are available in limited number.
Room Prices include:
- a tasty, substantial buffet breakfast,
- use of internet (WiFi)
- complimentary coffee, tea, mineral water in the lounge bar til 17.00 every day,
- use of the small wellness centre (sauna, gym)
The breakfast room is equipped with new bean-to-cup Jura espresso machines: so if you can, start your day with a decent espresso or cappuccino.
Other Services that Make Your Stay Comfortable
- baby sitting service
Conference & Meeting Facilities
The hotel is a great venue for business gatherings or small-scale social events. The three meeting rooms are equipped with every functionality you need to conduct business or hold a conference:
- overhead projector
- white boards
- built-in audio system
- notepads, paper, pens
- fast internet
History – Who Lived in the Former Palace?
A famous Hungarian nobleman, Count Nádor Zichy, owned once the palace building that was built at the end of the 19th century.
Find out more about the hotel.
What Travellers Say – Highlights from Reviews
- stylish hotel with superb location (in the centre but still quiet) in a trendy area
- great value for money
- very good public transport connections
- comfortable rooms
- tasty breakfast with a variety of cooked and cold meal choices
- welcoming, professional staff
- the complimentary refreshments until 7 pm are a nice feature
- excellent choice for a short stay
Things To Do Suggestions
- explore the Palace Quarter area with its magnificent mansions and history
- go shopping in Corvin or Europeum Shopping Mall: both are within walking distance to the hotel
- walk along Múzeum körút, drop by the Hungarian National Museum have a coffee in one of Budapest’s best espresso and brew Bar called Fekete,
- have lunch/dinner in Múzeum Cafe or Borssó Bistro
- Aria Budapest Hotel – a Luxury Boutique Hotel at the Basilica
- Baltazar Boutique Hotel – charming design hotel in a more peaceful part of the Castle District.
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest – 5-star Design Hotel at Szabadság Sqr.
- Prestige Hotel Budapest and Costes Downtown – a new design hotel in a finely restored 19. century mansion, with a Michelin-quality onsite restaurant, Costes Downtown.