If you love Hungarian food and want to learn how to make traditional Hungarian dishes like goulash, chicken paprikás, stuffed cabbage, or palacsinta, attend a Hungarian cooking course course in Budapest city centre.
Talented, friendly chefs tell you all you need and want to know about Hungarian cuisine.
You’ll learn about the basic ingredients, and spices used in Hungarian cooking, like paprika, along with the best cooking practices, and tricks so that you’ll be able to treat your family and friends to a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your home country.
Program of the Hungarian Cooking Course:
- Any day up to your choice, See Reservation below. Note: reservation must be made at least 2 business days prior to the date you wish to take the course. Please also note that the market is closed on Public Holidays.
- 8:30 (optional) real Hungarian breakfast at the Central Market Hall at Fővám tér (meeting point is in front of the Burger King opposite the Market)
- 9:00 (optional) guided tour of the Central Market Hall (meeting in front of the Market Hall)
- 10.00-arrival at the cooking school, short introduction about the school, dishes and recipes
- 10:30-12:30 cooking 3-4 dishes or pastries, or desserts – tasting, eating and drinking
- 13:00- eating YOUR LUNCH
Menu – A Short Trip to the Hungarian Culinary World
3 or 4 course menu up to your choice
- Borsóleves – Traditional Hungarian green pea soup
- Tejfölös krumplileves – Potato soup with sour cream
- Meggyleves – Sour cherry soup
- Tárkonyos csirkeraguleves Chicken ragout soup with tarragon
- Jókai bablves – Bean soup Jókai style
- Gulyásleves -Goulash soup
- Tojásos lecsó – Paprika, tomato & sausage stew
- Paprikáskrumpli – Paprika potato
- Fasírozott és főzelékek – Deep fried meet loaf, potato or green pea stew
- Csirke vagy gombapaprikás nokedlivel
- Paprika chicken or mushroom with noodles
- Töltött paprika – Stuffe4d paprika
- Rakott káposzta – Cabbage casserole
- Hortobágyi palacsinta – Pancakes “Hortobágy” style
- Almás, meggyes vagy mákos pite – Apple, cherry or poppy seeds pie
- Palacsinta Hungarian style pancake
- Somlói galuska – Chocolate sponge cake with vanilla sauce
- Madártej – Floating island
- Standard package: cooking ingredients, instructions, recipes that you receive in e-mail, chef’s help, kitchenware and utensils, use of aprons, refreshment (soft drinks), and lunch (what you cooked).
- Premium extension: Standard package + one bottle fine Hungarian wine, one Culinaria Hungary cookbook, one Chefparade apron, taxi ride from Hotel to Chefparade Cooking School OR Market.
The “Get to know Hungarian Cuisine” Cooking Course
You’ll learn about the history and basics of Hungarian cuisine in small groups lead by 1 or 2 chefs.
Courses are held in English. The course has an easygoing atmosphere where you learn to cook Hungarian dishes in an interactive way.
If you wish, you get to visit the famous Great Market Hall where you get to know the main Hungarian fruits, vegetables, meat and the most important thing, the Hungarian pickles (not only the cucumber).
All will be shown by your tour guide/chef who tells you the history of the Great Market Hall and during the tour you get a rich insight into the local dining culture.
If you wish you’ll also be treated to a traditional Hungarian breakfast after which you go to the cooking school to prepare an authentic Hungarian menu that you eat at the end of the class (lunch or dinner).
Details about Chefparade Cooking School in Budapest
In Chefparade’s modern cooking studio (13., Páva utca, IX. disrict) equipped with top quality kitchen utensils you can acquire basics of Hungarian cooking in a warm, laid-back atmosphere.
You’ll learn to prepare dishes side-by-side experienced chefs who tell and show you the proper cooking techniques you can use in everyday cooking.
For bigger groups ( from 6 up to 100 people): please contact us for a special offer. Price includes all the cooking ingredients, instructions, recipes that you receive in e-mail. You can taste and eat the meals you’ve prepared.
If you’re interested in taking a Hungarian cooking course please reserve a course by paying 10 % in advance through Paypal.
Method of Reservation:
- Choose a Cooking Course from the list below.
- Fill in all the fields (name, e-mail address: where the confirmation e-mail will be sent, date of cooking course – Note: reservation must be made at least 2 business days prior to the date of course!).
- Click on the Reserve Button – you’ll be taken to PayPal’s secure payment area where you can view and update your cart, and pay 10% of the total price securely online. Please review carefully the content of the cart before paying!
- You’ll receive a Confirmation e-mail with all the details of the cooking course from Chefparade Cooking School within 1-2 business days. Please print out the confirmation letter your receive from Chefparade Cooking School in e-mail and take it with you to the cooking course.
Please check your spam folder because sometimes confirmation letters land there.
Terms of Cancellation & Refund Policy
If something comes up, and you decide not to do the cooking course please cancel it at least 2 days prior to the date of the course to get a refund on the 10 % you paid. Note: transaction fee ( 4%) is deducted from the refund.
If you cancel the course within less than 2 buisness days you are not entitled to the refund. Contact us to cancel the cooking course.
You might also be interested in a 4-course Hungarian Dinner with a Folk Dance & Music Performance in a city centre resturant, every Friday at 19.00: