Giant Train Table & Playhouse in Krausz Palace, Andrássy út
Budapest has an awesome, new attraction for children, the Miniversum interactive train table and playhouse on 300 square metres, located in the historic Krausz Palace on Andrássy Avenue.
You can explore the most notable landmarks of Germany, Austria and Hungary on beautiful railway models.
A great activity for both kids and their parents, ideal for rainy days when you can’t think of anything exciting to do during the summer vacation.
Information – Location, Opening Hours, Tickets
Address: Andrássy út 12., on the ground floor of the Krausz Palace, district VI.,
Getting there: M1 underground (yellow line) Opera station, M3 metro (blue line) Arany János utca station-3-4 minute walk, M2 metro (red line) Deák tér station-5 minute walk
The Miniversum is open all year round except Christmas: December 24-25-26.
- Sunday-Thursday: 9.00-19.00,
- Friday-Saturday: 9.00-21.00.
- Full price:
- 1 900 HUF,
- children 3-14 ages: 1 300 HUF,
- free for kids under 3 years of age,
- Family ticket (2 adults+1-3 children): 4 900 HUF, 30 % discount with Budapest Card
- because it’s great fun and not just for kids.
- affordable, and open almost throughout the year
- a good program for a rainy or unbearably hot summer day
- housed in a beautiful historic palace
- easily accessible from most parts of the city
The Miniversum in Numbers
The wonderful complex includes 14 settlements, 100 rail cars, 600 buildings, 1000 cars, 5000 miniature figures and 5000 trees.
The trains depart from Budapest and travel to Germany through Austria. The route includes:
- In Hungary: Budapest-Tata-Pannonhalma-Győr-Nagycenk-Sopron
- In Austria: Burgenland-Vienna-Melk-Dörnstein
- In Germany: Eisenach-Wartburg-Rothenstein-Uelzen-Leuchtenburg
You can admire all the famous sights of the three countries, see the everyday life in towns, villages and farms,along the journey.
What makes the whole thing even more exciting is that by a press of a button you can have a say in what’s going to happen.
Besides train traffic, cars will soon roam the tables. The setting can be changed according to seasons, holidays or other special occasions.
Playhouse & Workshops
In the playhouse children can play with train tables: 5 tables for 5 age groups. They can also learn the ins and outs of rail model making.TIP: Find more recommended things to do for kids in Budapest. See more photos in our Facebook album.