Dates: every day
Duration: 4 hours
- – for 1 person 129 Eur/Tour
- – every additional person +35 Eur/ Tour
- – free for kids under 6, 50 % discount for children under 12
Included: a private guide, cost of all the mentioned food and drinks, taxes.
Excluded: additional personal consumption
Important: Please book your tour at least 2 days before the requested date!
Besides tasting, your guide will tell you all about the place and related sights and stories. Tour lasts approx. 4 hours.The 4 Main Stops of the Delicatessen Tour:
- Central Market Hall: Have you ever tasted the Lángos with a local drink? (scone with garlic and sour cream) Stuffed cabbage? ‘Winter salami’ with our sweet yellow-green fresh paprika? Did you know that we eat lot of pickles made out of every possible vegetable? Do you know how zsömle or kifli – the basic local sandwich bread types – looks and tastes?
- A famous Ruin Bar (Jewish district): we will taste Unicum or Pálinka, wash it down with a fröccs (like spritzer), beer or the good old grape-based soft drink: Traubisoda; and taste the most surprising local snacks: zsíroskenyér(bread and dripping) and paprika or wit
h a spicy cottage cheese cream.
- “Hentes” (butcher): grilled sausage or the Hungarian speciality black-pudding with crispy white bread, mustard and pickles – all carnivores of Hungary, from business people to brick-layers, eat them from time to time standing in the “Hentes”! A drink is also included.
Sweets dreams: we will finish the day with either a typical cake in a lovely classic café of Andrássy Avenue or with a kosher cake in a famous patisserie of the Jewish district. A coffee / tea is also included.
These small details and culinary ‘wows’ are among the most interesting cultural differences that we cater for. And these are only a portion of what you will fill yourself with during this trip.
The Budapest Delicatessen Tour is available in any language, just ask!