A 5-Star Hotel Overlooking the Danube
Address: Nádor utca 13., Budapest, district V.
Not far from the Four Seasons Gresham Palace, the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge is a traditional five star lodging that’s been part of Budapest’s hotel scene since many decades.
The location ensures wonderful views from rooms facing Buda Castle.
The Sofitel is a large hotel offering accommodation in 357 rooms. This largeness unfortunately has the drawback of facelessness, and outdatedness sometimes mentioned by guests who stayed at the hotel.
On the other hand, it is also one of the highest ranking Budapest hotels on popular tourist sites meaning that most travellers are very satisfied with the rooms, services, and staff.
Rooms & Suites, Amenities in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge
You can choose from rooms in 4 categories
Classic: these are on the lower floors offering less of the wonderful view, are 28 sqm, queen bed or two single beds, marble-tiled bathroom with tub and shower, no-fuss yet elegant interior and furnishings, coffee/tea maker, flat screen TV, free wireless internet
Superior: these rooms are also 28 sqm and are located on upper floors to enjoy the vista,
- queen bed or two single beds
- refined elegance,
- free WiFi,
- bathroom with tub and shower,
- coffee/tea maker
Luxury: 28 sqm same amnities as in the two categories above, wonderful view
Luxury Room Club Sofitel: 28 sqm, superb view of the Danube and the Castle Hill, breakfast and daytime snacks are included, Nespresso coffee maker in room, BOSE audio system
The hotel has its own underground garage accommodating 70 cars.
The hotel has a small but well-equipped spa centre with a 12-m long heated swimming pool, two Finnish saunas on the first floor.
The gym has modern cardio and strength training machines. After a thorough exercise you rejuvenate your body under the expert hands of well-trained massage therapists.
Conference and Meetings
Sofitel is an ideal place for corporate events, weddings, conferences and business meetings since it offers 17 superbly equipped meeting rooms as well as a ball room.
Eating in the Hotel
Sofitel has two cafes:
- The Paris Budapest Cafe & Restaurant with a fine view of the Danube and the Chain bridge from its street level windows. It has a show kitchen where you can see how the French, Mediterranean, and Hungarian dishes are made.
- The Bibliotek Lounge Cafe with a wide assortment of coffee drinks, teas and desserts and cleverly arranged books offer a elegant setting for a coffee or drink.
Some comments from tourists who stayed in the Sofitel Budapest Chain bridge:
- large, friendly rooms
- polite, helpful staff
- great location – fantastic view even from the ground floor bar
- nice indoor pool and fitness facilities
- the amenities are good
- the executive large includes a business center with 2 computers and internet access.
Additional resources: the hotel’s website