Charming Accommodation In Castle District
The Baltazar Hotel is a little boutique hotel in Buda Castle offering luxurious accommodation in creatively designed rooms.
A little-known gem at a prime location, close to all the historic sights yet in a peaceful neighbourhood.
- very good value: well-sized rooms with nice bathroom and with unique design,
- great location
- in a quiet, historic-romantic area of the city with great transport connections to the city centre
- an excellent restaurant with delicious food incl. breakfast
- ideal for families
- kind, welcoming staff
- due to the small size Baltazar has a very homey, relaxed atmosphere.
Address: Országház utca 31., district I.
The hotel stands in a quieter street in the northern tip of the Castle, near Kapisztrán Square and the Magdalene Tower.
The Tower houses a photo exhibition. What’s more visitors can admire a wonderful panorama from the top floor
Tickets can be bought in the Military Histoty Museum next door.
More About the Hotel
The name Baltazar comes from a cartoon animal Balthazar.Check Rates, Reviews
Rooms & Suites:
The hotel has only 11 rooms and suites each decorated and furnished in a unique way.
Double rooms measure 20-30 sqm offering convenient accommodation for two persons.
Rooms are furnished with hand-picked vintage and modern items.
Comfortable bedding on
- king size or twin beds,
- with high-quality fine bedlinen and pillows.
- Anti allergic linen is available.
Bathrooms are spacious and L’Occitane cosmetics are provided.
Suites come in two sizes:
- the 35-45 sqm option is ideal for 2 persons,
- the larger one (60 sqm) can accommodate up to 5 persons.
They have a living area with kings size bed in the sleeping area and a bathtub with rain shower. Baby cot is provided free of charge.
- Double room: from 117 EUR/night,
- Suite 174 – 222 EUR /night
It is a small hotel that is becoming more and more popular so early booking is highly recommended.
A breakfast package is an additional 15 EUR. It includes
- bagels croque madame,
- freshly pressed orange juice,
- a bottle of water, tea/coffee).
TIP: You can add a Lovers extension for a more romantic holiday for 30 EUR.
- a bottle of champagne,
- chocolate covered strawberries and
- 2 desserts in a choice of three restaurants (one is the hotel’s own restaurant the other two are also close by).
Restaurant & Wine Bar
Another highlight of Baltazar is the exceptionally good restaurant with a lovely terrace.
Simple yet creative meals by one of the best chefs of Hungary, Zsolt Litauszky.
Gourmet street food: a variety of burgers including vegetarian options,
Hungarian classics you can taste
- chicken paprikash,
- grilled meats, steaks,
- daily specials, and
- some delicious cakes.
Breakfast offers include
- omelette with various toppings,
- muesli with yogurt,
- croissant with jams,
- cheese plate,
- fresh fruits.
The wine bar offers a around 300 bottles of
- local and international wines,
- champagnes and
- sparkling wines as well as
- the best craft beers of Hungary (Rizmajer, Stari, Fóti breweries.)
Note: A 13% service fee is charged.
What Do Reviewers Say?
Travellers rave about Baltazar. The hotel has received 5 star ratings on major travel review sites so far:
- excellent location yet in a quite corner of the Castle with very good transport connection to downtown Budapest
- finely decorated rooms, comfortable bedding
- attentive and helpful staff
- great restaurant with homemade sauces, jams, tasty grilled dishes, burgers, and scrumptious desserts, the breakfast choice is also good
- the bar is also amazing with a lot of local wines and beer on tap
- ideal for a memorable romantic vacation.
Take a taxi transfer to your hotel from the Ferenc Liszt Airport (or from your hotel to the airport) at a great price.Book an Airport Transfer!
Attractions Nearby, Things To Do
- Buda Castle is packed with
- historic sights,
- churches, and you can
- get the best panoramic views of whole Budapest from the area.
Must-see attractions include:
- Matthias Church on Szentháromság Square
- Fishermen Bastion – lookout terraces and a restaurant on the top level
- Royal Palace with the History Museum and the National Gallery.
- Hungarian Military History Museum (Kapisztrán tér 2-4., open: Tue-Sun: 10.00-18.00).
Open: Tue – Sun: 10.00 -1 8.00
Tickets: adults: 800 HUF, students: 400 HUF,
Tickets are sold in the Military History next door.
A late-Gothic church from the 15. century, where you can
- view a photo display about the church’s and the castle’s history in the downstaris hall,
- admire the vista from the top floor and
- listen to the unique chime of the 24 bells.
TIP: see also our tips on a self-guided walk tours of the Castle area.
The castle regularly hosts festivals with lots of exciting gastronomy, entertainment and family programs: there’s an
Address: 84., Fő utca in Buda, district II.
This fine Ottoman bath from the 16th century is just 12-15 minute walk from the hotel. See more details on the Király baths.