Types of Budapest Passes, Price, Buying Info
Buy the Budapest card online, with free delivery to your hotel/apartment.
- 5 Cards for 5 durations + a 72-Hour Junior (ages: 6 – 18 years old).
The city pass can come handy when you are visiting for a couple of days and will be doing lots of sightseeing, and museum hopping (free entry to 13 museums & galleries).
- free use of the public transport network,
- free entry to 18 museums/galleries
- + 2 free walking tours and
- many discounts make that easier and more budget friendly.
Each card is valid for one person for 24-, 48-, 72-, 96- or 120 hours, starting from the time of first use. There’s also a 72-h Junior Card for youngsters aged 6 -18.
What is a Budapest Card?
The Budapest Card can save you a lot of money. This small plastic card entitles the card holder to benefit from its included services:
- unlimited travel on public transport, including the Chairlift in Zugliget/Buda Hills (excl: Funicular in the Castle),
- 2 free walking tours and numerous discounted sightseeing tours,
- discounts in certain restaurants, spas, shops, car rental, and numerous other places,
- free or discounted entry to many museums and sights,
- free mobile application with 12 thematic routes and audio guiding.
The card also comes with a pocket-sized brochure with maps of Buda and Pest, and the Budapest metro system.
The brochure tells you in details how to use the card and includes all the benefits you’re entitled to.
You can buy your Budapest pass for 5 different durations with the same services and discounts. Each card is valid for one person, regardles sof age.
Current prices (till 31. March 2019.)
- 24-Hour Card: 22 EUR
- 48-Hour Card: 33 EUR
- 72-Hour Card: 44 EUR
- 96-Hour Card: 54 EUR
- 120-Hour Card: 64 EUR
For Children – Budapest Card 72h Junior (ages 6 – 18)
There’s no discount on the price of the card for children, except the new Budapest card 72-Hour Junior.
It costs 33 EUR and is valid for one child aged 6 – 18 years and includes the same services and discounts.Note: Children under 6 years of age travel free on public transport, and entry is free for them to most museums and sights. Apart from the 72h Junior Card, each card is valid for one person, no matter her/his age.with collection point at Budapest Airport or Free Delivery to Your Hotel/Apartment in Budapest
Cards in 2018 – How Long Is It Valid?
Cards and discounts are valid till 31. March 2019.
Free Services, Main Discounts with Each Card
- a free entry to the Lukács Thermal Bath, located in the Buda side in Frankel Leó utca.
- free travel on public transportation in Budapest including the Chairlift/Libegő in Zugliget in the Buda Hills (excluding the Funicular in Buda Castle),
- no-entry fee to the Folk Arts Festival in Buda Castle (17-20. August)
- two free guided walk tours in English: one in Buda the other in Pest. Tours depart daily rain or shine. See details below.
- and discounts on admission to many more sights, attractions, services.
Free Entry to the permanent exhibitions of 18 Budapest Museums and Art Galleries
Note: Please keep in mind that most museums are closed on Monday.
- Hungarian National Gallery, Szent György tér 2., Buda Royal Palace A-B-C-D buildings
- Memento Park – Communist Statue Park in the outskirts: Balatoni út-Szabadkai utca, distr. XXII. Open: every day: 10.00-till dusk.
- Hungarian National Museum, Múzeum krt. 14-16., district VIII.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Dózsa György út 41., district XIV. (Heroes’ Sqr.) – closed till October 31., 2018.
- Art Hall, Dózsa György út 37. district XIV.(Heroes’ Sqr.)
- Museum of Budapest History, Buda Royal Palace, district I.
- New Budapest Gallery in the Whale, Fővám tér 10-12., district IX.,
- Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts (Komor Marcell utca 1.., district IX.,)
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism, Korona tér 1., Óbuda, district III.
- Kiscelli Museum, Kiscelli utca 108. Óbuda, district III.
- Vasarely Museum, Szent Lélek tér 6. Óbuda, district III.
- Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Museum, Andrássy út 103. district VI.
- Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park,Szentendrei út 135. Óbuda, district III.
- Mai Manó House – Photo Gallery, Nagymező utca 20., District VI.
- Béla Bartók Memorial House, Csalán utca 29., Buda, district II., Open: Tue – Sun: 10.00 – 17.00
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center, Nagymező utca 8., District VI.
- Museum of Hungarian Customs and Finance Guard, Munkácsy Mihály utca 19/b., district VI.
- 25 % discount to the Budapest Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Free Entry to the Lukács Bath, a historic spa in Buda not far from Margaret Bridge.
- 30 % discount on the entry ticket to the Miniversum Interactive Rail Model Exhibition on Andrássy Av.
- Two Guided Walking Tours for Free (one in Buda the other in Pest)- Buda side tour departs: every day at 14:00 at the Holy Trinity statue (Szentháromság szobor) in Buda Castle.
- Pest side tour: every day at 10.00, at Molnár’s Kürtöskalács Cafe, Váci Street 31. Tours last about 2 – 2.5 hours.
- 10% – 50% discounts to many museums, sights, cafes and restaurants.
- You also get a 100-page guide in Hungarian, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian languages listing where the Budapest Card is accepted, as well as giving you tips on what to visit in Budapest![/tie_list]
If you come for 2-3 or more days and plan to
- see lots of attractions,
- enjoy the thermal baths,
- travel a lot on public transport services, the City Card is good value for you.
Where Can You Buy a Budapest Card?
The most convenient way is to get it online through our secure webshop. Just select which type of card you need.
You can use all major credit cards for paying through the secure online system. Your city card will be delivered to your hotel or apartment for free.with Airport/Ibis Hotel collection or Free Delivery to Your Hotel/Apartment
Offline Purchase Options:
The City Card is also available at many places in the city:
- at major metro ticket offices, (e.g. Nyugati Train Station, Keleti Train Station, Déli Train Station),
- Liszt Ferenc Airport: at the Budapestinfo Points in terminal 2A: opening hours: every day: 8.00-20.00, terminal 2B: open: every day: 10.00-22.00
- Other Tourist Info Points in the city: Sütő utca 2., district V., (M1, M2, M3 metros), Open: every day: 8.00-20.00, City Park Ice Rink Building: Olof palme sétány 5., district XIV., Open: every day: 9.00-19.00
- Travel agencies, and
- in hotels.
Please write the starting date on the back of the card: month, day and hour. Please sign the card!
Only cards with the starting date and the owner’s signature are valid.
The card expires after 24, 48 or 72 hours from the precise time you validated the card.
The current cards are valid till 31. March 2019.
TIP: In case of discounts to restaurants and cafes that are part of the card’s current discount system, not only the card holder but other guests (family members, friends) in her/his company are entitled to the lower prices. Please show your card to the waiter when you select form the menu and make your order.
Note: the list isn’t complete – for the most up-to-date information on discounts please visit the card’s official website.
21 Free Services, and further 10 – 50% discounts on tickets to museums, baths, sightseeing, activities, and restaurants.
You can travel on all public transport services free of charge within the boundaries of Budapest.
Note: Traveling on the Funicular up and down to Buda Castle is not included in this discount.
When an inspector asks you to show your ticket, present her/him your Card.Note: citizens of European Union countries aged 65 and up can use all public transport lines for free in Budapest (they have to show a valid ID to verify age and EU member nationality if asked by a ticket inspector.
Find out more about Getting Around Budapest.
Sightseeing and Sights- Budapest Card Discounts
|Walking Tour in Buda (Szentháromság tér 6., Buda Castle, district I.), every day at 14.00|
|Walking Tour in Pest ( at Molnár’s Kürtöskalács Cafe, Váci Street 31., district V.): every day at 10.00|
|Guided tour in the Opera House (Andrássy út 22, district VI.)|
|Guided tour in the Liszt Academy (Liszt Ferenc tér 8. district VI.)|
|Guided tour in the Pesti Vigadó (Vigadó tér 2., district V.)|
|Eat Hungary, Gourmet Walking Tour (Cityrama: Báthory utca 22., distr. V. )|
|Inner City Parish Church (Március 15. tér, district V.)|
|Jewish Heritage Tours (incl. a visit to the Great Synagogue)||10 %|
|Great Synagogue in Dohány Street||10 %|
Danube Cruises in Budapest
|Riverride Budapest Sightseeing on Land & Water (Széchenyi István tér 7/8., district V.)|
|Cruise with Lunch every day at 14.00.(1.5 hour tour, meeting: Duna Palota, Zrínyi Str. 5. distr. V.)||10 %|
|Legenda Sightseeing Cruise (Vigadó tér dock 7.)|
|Legenda Dinner Cruise with sightseeing (Vigadó tér dock 7.)||10 %|
Hop On Hop Off Bus Tours
|Big Bus Hop on Hop off Bus Tours|
|City Tour Hop on Hop Bus Tours|
|PC Hop on Hop off Bus Tours|
Other Bus Tours
|4-Hour Bus Tour by Cityrama agency (free pick-up at your hotel)|
Bike Tours, Segway, Bike Rental
|IC-Tour night bike tour (Erzsébet tér 12., distr. V.)||50 %|
|IC-Tour night bike tour (Erzsébet tér 12., distr. V.)||50 %|
|Bike & Relax bike tours in Budapest, in the country and abroad (Andrássy út 7., dist. VI. )||25 %|
- TIP 2: Find out more about Budapest Concerts, and find other interesting programs throughout the year on our Events calendar page.
Thermal Baths, Swimming Pools, Outdoor Baths & Lidos*
|Gellért Thermal Bath & Swimming Pool|
|Széchenyi Thermal bath & Swimming Pool|
|Aquaworld (Íves út 16. , district IV.)|
* The discount is always on the full-price ticket with cabin rental.TIP: You’ll find information about Spas on this page.
Other Attractions, Programs, Special Experiences
|Budapest Summer Festival: concerts, musicals, ballet, opera|
|Christmas fair at Vörösmarty Square||5 -10 %|
|Spring & Easter Fair Vörösmarty Sqr.||5 -10 %|
|Cooking Courses in Chefparade Cooking School|
|Miniversum (interactive train tables, Andrássy Av.)||30 %|
|Basilica Panorama Lookout||15 %|
|Fishermen’s Bastion Upper Lookout||10 %|
|Pálvölgyi cave ( Szépvölgyi út 162., Buda distr. II.)||free|
|Szemlő-hegyi cave (Pusztaszeri út 35., Buda distr. II.)||20 %|
|Tropicarium Aquarium Campona Shopping Centre (Nagytétényi út 37-45., XXII. district)||15 %|
|Center of Scientific Wonders (Csodák Palotája inside Campona Shopping Mall)||50 %|
|CSOPA Playbar (Bécsi út 38-44., district III.)||Free|
|Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden|
|TimeTrap Exit Game (escape from 3 special traps, Kazinczy utca 10., distr. VII.||30 %|
|Pinball Museum (district 13. Radnóti Miklós utca 18.)||10 %|
Other Pages Related to Entertainment in Budapest:
Restaurants – Eat and drink for 10 % – 40 % less with your BP Card in the following places
|Cafe Dorottya (Dorottya utca 1., district V.)|
|Columbus Ship Jazz Club (Vigadó tér Pier 4)|
|Gellért Panorama Restaurant & Brasserie, Gellért Espresso (Szent Gellért tér 1., Danubius Hotel Gellért)|
|Terminal Restaurant (Erzsébet tér 11., district V.)||20 %|
|Cafe Astoria Restaurant (Kossuth Lajos u. 19-21., distr. V.)||30 %|
|Halászbástya Restaurant ( Fishermen’s Bastion, northern tower)|
|Molnár’s Kürtőskalács Cafe (Váci utca 31., district V.)|
|Spoon Cafe & Lounge ( Vigadó tér dock 3., district V.)|
|Matthias Cellar Restaurant (Március 15. tér 7., Pest Danube bank)|
|Kárpátia Restaurant, Brasserie and Terrace (Ferenciek tere 7-8., district V.)|
|Spoon The Boat Restaurant (Vigadó tér dock 3., distr. V.)||15 %|
|Hard Rock Cafe (Deák Ferenc utca 3-5.,distr. V.)|
|A38 Restaurant (Petőfi Bridge, Buda end. distr. XI.)|
See also recommended places for Wine Tasting in Budapest.