Belgian Beer Festival in Budapest
September 1 - September 2
Date: 01 – 02. September 2018.
Venue: new location: Sörház utca 39., Budapest 1222. district XXII.
Programs, additional information will be published soon.
- 3 700 HUF includes 4 glasses of beer (200ml) or 5 000 HUF (incl. 6 glasses of beer), and a special tasting glass
The Belgian Beer Fest is getting more popular year by year.
No wonder, the terrace along the riverside of the Bálna building is ideal for nursing a beer and enjoying the scenic view.
This year you can enjoy almost 200 types of brews including 40 new ones.
In 2018 the Belgian Beer Festival takes place at a new venue, the warehouse of the organisers in Budatétény district.
- 35 Belgian breweries will offer
- around 195 types of beer,
- 50 on tap including fruit beers (Bush 12%, Hercule, Stout, Gulden Draak, Piraat, La Trappe Tripel, Dubbel),
- 40 new beers to taste.
One of the most exciting beer will be Cornet, a 8,5 % alcohol-content light ale aged in oak barrel.
A fruity beer is always refreshing on a hot sunny day and you’ll have an ample selection here: 11 sour cherry beers:
- Kasteel Rouge 8.5 % sour cherry ale,
- Floris Kriek – 3.6 % sour cherry wheat beer
- Rodenbach Rosso – 4 % sour cherry and red berries ale aged in oak barrel or
- Liefmans Kriek Brut – 6 %, aged with whole sour cherries (13 kg/liter) brown ale based on Flamish brown ale (oud bruin).
Besides beer, you can nibble delicious ham and cheese as well as Belgian chocolate.
The beer festival’s highlight is the Kastel Cuvée du Chateau 11% which can be tasted for the first time in Hungary.
A Few Words About Belgian beer:
This small country boasts 120 breweries that make around 800 beers.
They are famous for high quality and unique, ingenuous brews.
Belgian beer can be grouped in 10-12 main categories that can be further divided into 50-60 subcategories, but here’s a simpler classification that may help you choose from the wide offer:
- Abbey beers: Corsendonk, Tripel Karmeliet, St. Benoit, Maredsous, Dendermonde, Floreffe, St. Bernardus, Steenbrugge, Abbaye de Forest, Petrus, Watou Tripel
- Strong golden ales: Duvel, Duvel Trippe, Delirium Tremens, Deliria, La Guillotine, Cuvée des Trolls, Brigand, Satan Gold, Piraat, Omer
- Belgian wheat beers: Blanche d’Ardenne, Blanche de Namur, Blanche de Bruxelles, La Trappe Witte, Steenbrugge Wit
- Lambic or spontaneously fermented beers: the oldest brewing method: the best lambic beers are flavoured with fruit: Chapeau, St. Louis, Chapeau Faro, Chapeau Gueuze
- Flemish red and brown ales: they are usually matured in oak barrels for several months that’s why they almost taste like wine: Bacchus, Petrus Aged Ale, Petrus Oud Bruin, Rodenbach, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Rodenbach Rosso
- Bio-organic beers: brewed within strictly-controlled natural conditions, from organic ingredients: La Trappe PUUR, Quintine Bio Organic.
More Photos About the Festival
TIP: If you’ve missed the festival but you love beer specialties go on our Budapest Craft Beer Cruise program where you’ll be tasting 5 Hungarian artisan brews (5 x 150 ml) + 1 pint of your favourite.
A great opportunity to get a taste of the local craft beer world!
What’s more, on the 2-hour tour you’ll see the amazing cityscape included into the UNESCO’s World Heritage list. Price: 27 EUR.