Beer Festival in Budapest City Center
June 3 @ 3:00 pm - June 8 @ 11:00 pm
Date is Not Official Yet!
Taste Great Beers by Large Beer Makers, and Smaller Artisan Breweries!
The Beer Festival on Szabadság Square and the other, smaller festivals (Belgian Beer Festival, Czech Beer Festival) offer opportunity for beer lovers to taste the best beers made in Hungary and in other countries.
This year the downtown beer fest will be 5 days long between 05 – 10. June 2019.
Besides wine celebrated on the numerous wine festivals organized in Budapest throughout the year, beer, especially specialty beer made by small, craft breweries, has become more and more popular in recent years.
Location: Szabadság tér/Liberty Square, district V.
- Tram 2: Kossuth tér, M2 metro (red line) Kossuth tér station
- M3 metro (blue line): Arany János utca station
- Trolley bus No. 78: Kossuth Lajos tér stop
- Buses No. 15, 115: Hold utca/Széchenyi utca stop
Date: 05 – 10. June 2019.
The June beer festival moved from Buda Castle to Szabadság tér in 2017, a spacious park in downtown Budapest.
- 250 beer specialties: local, import and craft brews
- 3 high quality beer mugs
- 2 dl tasting option
- new beers that can be first tasted on the festival
- food trucks and street food
- laid-back, picnic atmosphere
- await visitors on the 5-day event in June.
- Wednesday-Thursday: 11.30 – 00.00
- Friday – Saturday: 11.30 – 02.00 am
- Sunday: 11.30 – 00.00
Admission is FREE. But to drink beer you have to buy a glass for 1 490 HUF
More info: official website
No doubt beer is in the limelight of the festival, but a series of great programs offer a wonderful time for all ages.
40 musical bands give concerts during the five day event.
The tasting expert of the Dreher Beer Factory lets you in the secrets of beer tasting and professional tapping.
You can also try your hand at tapping at the Soproni Brewery’s stand.
The HB beer group recreates Bavarian beer drinking atmosphere.
The Heineken and Soproni Breweries will introduce the process of beer making.
You can taste beers from a glass that you buy at the festival venue. Costs 1 490 HUF.
A mug of beer will cost 400 HUF, 500 HUF, and 900 HUF depending on beer type.
There will be 0.2 L glasses available for those who want to have a couple of beers without getting drunk.
Beers You can Taste on the Festival
Close to 250 beers can be sampled during the 5-day festival on Szabadság Square near the Parliament.
The beer specialties of the largest breweries in Hungary: Dreher, Heineken, and the Pécsi Sörfőzde will be available, but many small, craft breweries will also be represented (twice as many as in 2011).
Some of the specialties that offer a unique beer experience are:
- Elixir 18, Cherry and Dark Chocolate Beers by the Gyertyános Brewery in Miskolc
- Elder flower and Ginger Beer by the Brandecker Beer House
- Cingulus Porter, Millet, and Sour Cherry Cognac Beer by the Rizmajer Brewery
- Bitter Honey (Keserű Méz) unfiltered brew by the Fóti Craft Brewery
- a range of Czech beers
- a wide variety of Belgian beers (Floris Fraise – strawberry wheat beer, Floris Kriek sour cherry wheat beer, Corsendonk Agnus, Corsendonk Pater, Cuvée des Trolls, La Trappe Dubbel etc.)
- Stari Irish Red, Stari Sour Cherry and Stari Unfiltered Brew
- Kissler Holló dark beer, Kissler Ősforrás, Kissler beer distillate
If you don’t like beer you can quench your thirst with cider offered in a special place called Ciderliget, dedicated exclusively to this drink. Visit the event’s site for mor einformation.
Food on the Festival
After a a couple of beers eveyone needs something to eat….No worries a couple of street food truck will be present at Szabadság Square:
- Burger Market – delicious gouremt burgers
- Kővári Grill – all sorts of gilled meats and sausages
- Vitéz Kürtös – the iconic pastry of Hungary, Chimney cake/kürtös kalács
- Attaboy Street Food Bistro – burgers, pizzas, tortillas
- Pizza 54
- Pancake Factory – pancakes with Nutella and other delights
- Levendula Ice Cream – gelato in a nice variety of flavours
You’ll sample 5 popular Hungarian artisan brews, each sample is 150 ml + you can choose a favourite to have a 1 pint for FREE.
Snacks, live music, a 2-hour river excursion are all included in the price (28 EUR).
Find out about other June events in Budapest!
There are a couple of other festivals dedicated to beer in the Hungarian capital:
Date: 2019 date is not available yet!
Location: NEW: Sörház utca 39., Budapest 1222. district XXII.
A wide range of Belgian beers (cc. 50) will be available on tap along with other Belgian specialties (cheese, chocolate).
Date: 2019 date is not available yet!
Opening hours: ever day from 12.00
Location: Roof Terrace – WesteEnd Shopping Centre
Entry: free (payment for beer/food is in cash)
Czech beers, gastronomy and concerts are in the focus of the Czech Beer Festival for 10 days in mid-June at a lovely rooftop park in the city centre.Date Has Not Been Finalized Yet!
Location: Kincsem Par, Address: Albertirsai út 2-4., Budapest 1101
Date: October, Thursday – Sunday
After Munchen, Paris, Dublin and Washington Budapest will have its own Octoberfest at a nice riverside venue in Buda.
The cream of the crop of Hungarian, Bavarian and other international craft breweries will be present within a Farmers’ and Gastro fair on the 4-day event.
Cultural and fun activities for kids make the festival a great weekend program for the whole family. Daily ticket is 1 990 HUF (incl. a Paulaner beer mug).
The first carft beer festival in Hungary! Used to be very popular event dedicated to artisan brews and breweries. It is no longer organised!
A great selection of street food vendors, food trucks are alos present to provide tasty bites with the beers.
Location: City Park/Napozórét (Városliget, next to Petőfi Csarnok Concert Hall), M1 underground, Hősök tere stop
Admission: free (you have to buy a tasting mug with the logo of the festival, sold on the spot in size 0.5 L but with markings of 0.2 L, 0,3 L, 0,4 L and 0,5 L. It costs 1 000 HUF
Find out more about the Főzdefeszt Craft Beer Festival.
More Summer Events:
Other Events in the Castle: Budapest Wine Festival