Budapest Fireworks Cruise with Dinner/Drinks, Aug 20.
August 20 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Watch the Show from a Boat on the Danube –
The festive Fireworks Show takes place in Budapest on 20th August (St. Stephen’s Day) every year, celebrating the foundation of the Hungarian state.
The fireworks are one of the most awaited events of summer and many want to have a good spot on the banks of the Danube to enjoy the spectacular show that starts at 21.00.
The best place to watch the show is from a ship on the river since the fireworks are launched from
- two bridges (Chain Bridge and Margaret Bridge), as well as
- pontoons on the Danube.
Follow the show from the upper deck of the Europa, Széchenyi and Millennium ships, spacious and elegant event venues.
What’s more, you can combine the event with a 2-hour cruise on the river.
A romantic and memorable way to spend a summer evening in Budapest!
During the fireworks the ship will be anchored providing guests an excellent viewing point from the open upper deck.
- 99 EUR – cruise, fireworks, live music by the Hungaria Folk Orchestra, 4-course dinner with drinks (unlimited consumption).
- free for children under 6 years of age.
Tickets are available in limited number! The program starts at 19.00 (meeting is at 18.30 at Carl Lutz rakpart near Jászai Mari Square in Pest))
Why a Boat on the Danube?
NEW: This year the fireworks’ location moves a bit to the north between the Chain Bridge and Margaret Bridge with the Parliament building in the center.
The rockets will be launched from
- 29 points from the Chain Bridge
- 3 bigger and 14 smaller points on the Danube
- a ship anchored on the river (close to the two bridges) provides an excellent viewing point.
- Several bridges (the most obvious choices as viewing venues) will be closed – the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Liberty Bridge, Margaret Bridge for sure – so the best viewing points will not be accessible (Petőfi and Rákóczi Bridges are good choices though if you can stand in crowd for an hour or more.
- The same applies to the embankments – both in Pest and Buda – they will be full of people, all wanting to see the show and on on top of that if it’s also hot (and it usually is on 20. August) then it will not be convenient to stand and sweat in the crowd.
- After the fireworks it will be even more frustrating because people will want to leave their viewing spot all at the same time, heading for the metro stations or other means of transport.
- You don’t have to bother with all these if you choose to partake in the celebration and view the show from the comfort of an air-conditioned sightseeing ship.
- You can of course go to the upper deck to get a better view of the show! What’s more, you’ll be treated to tasty dinner, open bar, and live music!
Romantic Cruise on the Danube with Buffet Dinner
An air-conditioned ship takes you on a one and half hour sightseeing tour on the river Danube during which you can admire the wonderful vista of the Buda and Pest sides marked by:
- the Castle Hill,
- Gellért Hill – one of the spots from where the fireworks will be launched
- the Parliament, and
- the famous bridges of Budapest (Chain Bridge – (Széchenyi Lánchíd), Margaret Bridge,Erzsébet Bridge-(Erzsébet híd), Liberty Bridge-(Szabadság híd).
Program of the Fireworks from the Danube
During the 2.5-hour program:
You can enjoy a fine buffet dinner of 4 courses with vegetarian options. See menu below.
- 18:30: Meeting (see the two places below) to board the Europa Ship (dinner & open bar option) and the Millennium ships (open bar and cruise only options)
- 19:00: The 2.5 half-hour river tour starts – taking you on a scenic cruise on a convenient, modern ship with air-conditioning and large panorama windows to let you appreciate the beautiful view of the sights, monuments adorning the two banks of the Danube.
- 20:55: The ships will anchor before the fireworks start
- 21:00-21.30: Fireworks over the Danube – launched from the Chain Bridge, and pontoons on the Danube
- 21:45: The ships take you back to the pier at either at Szilágyi Dezső tér in Buda or Jászai Mari Sqr in Pest.
Price: Full Price: 99 EUR,
Includes: a cruise on the Danube, four-course dinner with live music, open bar, and watching the fireworks.
ReservationBuy Your Ticket
- Cruise with Dinner & Open Bar: At 18.30, 20. August 2018, Sunday, Dock No. 1, Carl Lutz rakpart 9., near Jászai Mari Square, Budapest 1138, District XIII. (Pest side, next to Margaret Bridge), GPS co-ordinates: 47.509, 19.062 at the Millennium Ships Millennium I., Millennium II., Halászbástya, Szentendre ships, On Map
Program starts at 19.00
Meaning of symbols: G: gluten-free, L: lactose-free, V: vegetarian
Spiced cottage cheese cream (G, V)
Pork Cracklings Paste/Tepertőkrém (G, L)(fried pork rind minced to paste, spiced with mustard, finely chopped onions, salt and ground black pepper)
Alföld style goulash soup with noodles (L)
From autumn to spring: vegetable cream soup (G, L, V)
Summer: chilled fruit soup (G, L, V)
Mini stuffed cabbage (G)
Traditional chicken paprikash
Roast chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce (G)
Spicy pork rib with thyme (G, L)
Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce (G)
Garnishes & Vegetarian:
Grilled polenta with feta cheese (V)
Grilled vegetables (G, L, V)
Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce (V)
Hash-brown potatoes (G, L, V)
Steak potatoes (G, L, V)
Fresh seasonal salads with dressing (G, V)
Italian pasta salad (L, V)
Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise (G, V)
Somló style sponge cake pudding
Dessert variations Európa style (G)
Seasonal and exotic Fruits (G, L, V)
1 glass of wine (or juice) + 1 bottle of water (0,33) or soft drink