Watch The Show From A Boat on the Danube
The festive Fireworks Show takes place in Budapest on 20th August (St. Stephen’s Day) every year, celebrating the foundation of the Hungarian state.
Due to bad weather conditions on 20. August the event has been rescheduled to 27. August/Saturday.
The fireworks are one of the most awaited events of summer and many want to have a good spot on the banks of the Danube to enjoy the spectacular show that starts at 21.00.
The best place to watch the show is from a ship on the river since the fireworks are launched from:
- Two bridges (Chain Bridge and Elizabeth Bridge), as well as
- 4 barges and pontoons on the Danube in front of the Parliament
Follow the show from the upper deck of the Millennium II and Gróf Széchenyi ships, spacious and elegant event venues.
What’s more, you can combine the event with a 2-hour cruise on the river.
A romantic and memorable way to spend a summer evening in Budapest!
During the fireworks the ship will be anchored providing guests an excellent viewing point from the open upper deck.
- 145 EUR
Tickets are available in limited number! The program starts at 19.00 (meeting is at 18.30 at Akadémia 3. Port: Id. Antall József rkp. 18, Budapest, 1052, District V. See details below.)
Why A Boat on the Danube?
The Rockets Will Be Launched From 9 Spots
- 4 barges and a pontoon on the Danube between Kossuth Sqr. and Garibaldi utca
- 3 barges and a pontoon on the river between Eilzabeth Bridge and the Chain Bridge
- from Elizabeth bridge and the Chain bridge
- A ship anchored on the river (close to the two bridges) provides an excellent viewing point.
- Several bridges (the most obvious choices as viewing venues) will be closed – the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Liberty Bridge, Margaret Bridge for sure – so the best viewing points will not be accessible (Petőfi and Rákóczi Bridges are good choices though if you can stand in crowd for an hour or more.
- The same applies to the embankments – both in Pest and Buda – they will be full of people, all wanting to see the show and on on top of that if it’s also hot (and it usually is on 20. August) then it will not be convenient to stand and sweat in the crowd.
- After the fireworks it will be even more frustrating because people will want to leave their viewing spot all at the same time, heading for the metro stations or other means of transport.
- You don’t have to bother with all these if you choose to partake in the celebration and view the show from the comfort of an air-conditioned sightseeing ship.
You can of course go to the upper deck to get a better view of the show! What’s more, you’ll be treated to tasty dinner, open bar, and live music!
Note: The Chain Bridge and Elizabeth Bridge and nearby areas on both sides of the Danube will be closed off traffic between cc. 18.00 – 23.00 on 20. August. You can also expect several changes in public transportation (tram 2 for example in Pest).
Romantic Cruise on the Danube with Buffet Dinner & Drinks
An air-conditioned ship takes you on a one and half hour sightseeing tour on the river Danube during which you can admire the wonderful vista of the Buda and Pest sides marked by the:
- Castle Hill,
- Gellért Hill – one of the spots from where the fireworks will be launched
- Parliament, and the
- Famous bridges of Budapest (Chain Bridge – (Széchenyi Lánchíd), Margaret Bridge, Erzsébet Bridge-(Erzsébet híd), Liberty Bridge-(Szabadság híd).
Program Of The Fireworks From The Danube
During The 3-Hour Program:
You can enjoy a fine buffet dinner of 5 courses with vegetarian options. See menu below.
- 18:30: Meeting to board the Ship
- 19:00: The 2.5 half-hour river tour starts – taking you on a scenic cruise on a convenient, modern ship with air-conditioning and large panorama windows to let you appreciate the beautiful view of the sights, monuments adorning the two banks of the Danube.
- 20:55: The ships will anchor before the fireworks start
- 21:00-21.25: Fireworks over the Danube – launched from the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge and pontoons on the Danube
- cc. 21:25: The ship takes you back to the pier.
Price: 145 EUR
What’s Included In The Price?
- A cruise on the Danube,
- 4-course buffet dinner with live music,
- Open bar with unlimited drinks, and
- Watching the fireworks from one of the best possible viewing points
Book your place online so that you won’t have to stand in queue before the event. Convenient, no-hassle – just board the ship and enjoy the show!
After payment you will receive an E-ticket with all the details, that you just present to the host/hostess on the cruise ship. You can show the ticket on your phone/tablet too.
Book Your Cruise (Skip The Lines E-Ticket)
- Cruise with Dinner & Open Bar: At 18.30, 27. August 2022, Saturday, Akadémia 3. Port: Id. Antall József rkp. 18, Budapest, 1052, District V. (Pest side next to the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), GPS co-ordinates: 47.509, 19.062 at the Millennium II. and Gróf Széchenyi ships
- Program starts at 19.00
- Alföld style goulash soup with noodles
- Vegetable broth
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressing
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted pork with grilled vegetables
- Traditional chicken paprikash
- Eggplant tower in marinara sauce
Garnishes & Vegetarian:
- Homemade dumplings
- Grilled vegetables
- Hash-brown potatoes
- Home-made strudel
- Seasonal and exotic Fruits
- All-inclusive drinks