Christmas Market By Budapest Basilica
November 26, 2017 @ 11:30 am - January 2, 2018 @ 8:00 pm
The Christmas Market and Advent Feast by the Basilica of Budapest is one of the most popular holiday-welcoming event in the city.
The most prestigious church of the country lends a fitting backdrop to the festival that starts on the first Sunday of the Advent period, 26. November 2017.
On top of the ample choice of food and drinks,
- a nice selection of quality, handmade products
- an ice rink,
- light paining in the evenings and
- a diverse program of concerts, folk show promise a fun a time for everyone.
Szent István tér Budapest 1051
- tram 2 Széchenyi István tér (Chain Bridge),
- M3 metro (blue) Aarny J. utca or Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út station,
- M1, M2, m3 metro lines, Deák F. tér station
It’s the square sprawling in front of the Basilica right in the centre of Budapest. Cafes and restaurants are abound in the area.
Date: 27. November 2017 – 02. January 2018.
- Mon – Thurs: 11:30 – 20:00,
- Fri: 11:30 – 22:00,
- Sat: 10:00 – 22:00,
- Sun: 10:00 – 20:00,
- December 24.: 10:00 – 14:00,
- Dec. 25 – 26.: CLOSED,
- December 31.: 10:00 – 22:00
The small – 200 sqm – rink is a source of great fun for all ages. It’s free to use for children. Skate rental is available.
Free ice skating training for children aged 4 – 14 yr – On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 14.00 – 20.00.
This year’s detailed program schedule will be published soon.
- Light painting on the Basilica with music – daily very half hour between 16.30 – 22.00. A visual treat to the eye: colourful 3D animations, festive holiday and religious scenes come alive on the facade of the church.
- Lighting a candle on the Advent Wreath – every Sunday, late afternoon.
Food & Drinks at the Christmas Market
The country’s best food trucks and street food vendors offer delicious food.
The offer includes:
- Lángos – a yeast-based dough deep fried in oil – with various toppings (sour cream and cheese is the most popular)
- chimney cake,
- roasted sausages,
- stuffed cabbage and