- This event has passed.
Organ Concert in St. Stephen’s Basilica
May 11, 2016 @ 8:00 pm - 9:10 pm
Enjoy the excellent acoustics of St Stephen’s Basilica on an organ concert performed by one of Hungary’s most talented pipe organ players Kolos Kováts.
The program includes a flute solo by Eleonóra Krusic a famous Hungarian flute player who regularly performs with other European orchestras.
The concerts are held every Thursday at 20.00 from March till the end of December.
Program of the Concert
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741) – Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750): Concerto in D minor BWV 593 (Allegro, Adagio, Allegro)
- Tommaso Albinoni (1671-1751): Adagio
- Alessandro Stradella (1639-1682): Pieta Signore
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Andante in C major K 315
- Franz Schubert (1797-1828): Ave Maria
- Liszt Ferenc (1811-1866): Fantasy on the name B-A-C-H
- Georges Bizet (1838-1875): Agnus Dei
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Menuet and Badinerie from suite in B minor BWV 1067
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565
Dates in 2017:
Concert start at 20:00, and is about 70 minutes long, without break.
- April: 27
- May: 04, 11, 18, 25
- June: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- July: 06, 13, 20, 27
- August: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
- September: 07, 09, 14, 21, 28
- October: 05, 12, 19, 26
- November: 09, 16, 23, 30
- December: 07, 14, 21, 28
- 2018. January : 05
- 1st cat: 30 EUR, student: 28 EUR
- 2nd cat: 26 EUR, student: 24 EUR
- 3rd cat: 19 EUR, student: 17 EUR View map of seat categories!
- VIP: ticket: 77 EUR: includes: pick up drop off service, seats with the best view of the concert, a glass of champagne in the break and a professional photo of you and your companions
- 4-course dinner served buffet style,
- welcome drink, a glass of wine/beer,
- a bottle of mineral water, and
- a 2-hour long sightseeing are all included.
After the concert hostesses will show you to the cruise boat, a short 7-8 minute walk from the Basilica on Szt. István Square.
Two wonderful programs in Budapest at a special price!
Payment with PayPal or Bank Card, Credit Card! After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the entrance of the Basilica.
About the Venue
St. Stephen’s Basilica, the largest church and the 2nd tallest building of Budapest, was built between 1851 – 1905. The 96 m high temple can seat nearly 8 000 people.
The Neoclassical elements are the works of József Hild archietct. After his death Miklós Ybl reworked the plans in a more flamboyant neo-Renaissance style.
Hungary’s most sacred relic the Szent Jobb/Holy Right Hand of Hungary’s first King St. Stephen (969 – 1038) can be seen in a chapel to the right of the main altar.
You can enjoy a panoramic view from the lookout terrace up in the right-hand dome:
Opening hours of the Panorama Lookout:
- 01. November – 31. March: every day: 10.00 – 16.30
- April, May, October months: every day: 10.00 – 17.30
- June, July, August, September months: every day: 10.00 – 18.30
Admission: full price: 600 HUF, students, retirees: 500 HUF.