Red Bull Air Race Budapest
June 23 - June 24
The Red Bull Air Race, a dazzling air competition popular all over the world, comes back to Budapest city centre around the 3rd weekend of June.
If you’re spending your vacation here at the time of the race you’ll sure see the spectacular event over the river Danube between Elizabeth and Margaret Bridges: a central and scenic location for this amazing aerial performance.
If you’re a hardcore Red Bull Air race fan and only come to our city to watch the race then you’ll have the chance to also see the most famous historic sights of the Hungarian capital.
The Danube meanders gracefully between the two city parts, Buda and Pest, under the 6 central bridges
- Rákóczi Bridge,
- Petőfi Bridge,
- Szabadság Bridge,
- Erzsébet Bridge,
The riverbanks are dotted with the city’s best-known landmarks:
- the imposing building of the Hungarian Parliament,
- the neogothic Hungarian Academy of Sciences,
- the elegant Gresham Palace at the Chain Bridge (houses the Four Seasons Budapest Hotel).
Budapest is one of the the most exciting locations in the Red Bull Air Race World Series becuase of the Chain Bridge, the oldest bridge of the city, flying under which takes a lot of skill.
Péter Besenyei, the only Hungarian competitor who has flown under the bridge more than 100th times, knows this well.
The most important thing for every pilot is to correctly assess the distance between the Danube and the edgee of the bridge which is 8 m.
Replacement bus No. 2 will carry passengers between Közvágóhíd and Nyugati Pályaudvar terminis. There’ll be a range of other changes in public transportation about which you can learn here.
Public Grandstand (23 – 24. June/Saturday-Sunday): adult: 30, 35, and 40 EUR , children (under 14 years of age): 15-20 EUR.
Saturday – Qualifying Day
- 10.30 Doors open
- 11:00 Side act – Parkour by Norbert Kajtár
- 11:10 Side act – Freestyle Football by Kitti Száz and Roland Karászi
- 11:20 Side act – Flatland Biking by Pál Gyenes
- 11:30 Side act – Trial Bike Show by András Jamrik (Gravity Academy)
- 11:45 Challenger Class – Free Practice
- 12:00 Side act – DJ Whiteboy
- 12:45 Side act – DJ Whiteboy
- 13:05 Side act – Parkour by Norbert Kajtár
- 13:15 Side act – Freestyle Football by Kitti Száz and Roland Karászi
- 13:25 Side act – Flatland Biking by Pál Gyenes
- 13:35 Side act – Trial Bike Show by András Jamrik (Gravity Academy)
- 13:50 Master Class – Free Practice
- 15:10 Side act – Flying bulls
- 15:20 Challenger Class – Qualifying
- 15:30 Side act – Scratch Show & B2B DJ Battles
- 16.00 Master Class – Qualifying
- 17:30 Side act – Péter Besenyei track flying
- 17:40 Side act – Flying bulls
- 18.00 Side act – Scratch Show & B2B DJ Battles
- 18:10 Side act – DJ Whiteboy
- 18:30 Program ends
Sunday – Race Day
- 10:30 Doors open
- 11:20 Side Act – Parkour Norbert Kajtár
- 11:30 Side Act – Freestyle Football Kitti Száz, Roland Karászi
- 11:40 Side Act – Flatland Bike Pál Gyenes
- 11:50 Side Act – Trial Bike Show Andras Jamrik (Gravity Academy)
- 12:00 CHALLENGER CUP
- 12:10 Side Act – DJ Whiteboy
- 12:40 Side Act – Parkour Norbert Kajtár
- 12:50 Side Act – Freestyle Football Kitti Száz, Roland Karászi
- 13:00 Side Act – Flatland Bike Pál Gyenes
- 13:15 Side Act – Wellhelo Concert
- 13:35 Side Act – Trial Bike Show Andras Jamrik (Gravity Academy)
- 13:50 Grand Opening Ceremony
- 14:00 MASTER CLASS – Round of 14
- 15:00 Side Act – Scratch Show & B2B DJ Battle
- 15:10 Side Act – Flying Bulls aeroplanes
- 15:30 Side Act – Flying Bulls BO105 helicopter
- 15:40 Side Act – DJ Whiteboy
- 15:40 Side Act – Freestyle Football Kitti Száz, Roland Karászi
- 16:00 MASTER CLASS – Round of 8
- 16:30 MASTER CLASS – Final 4
- 16:55 MASTER CLASS – Prize Giving Ceremony
- 17:00 Side Acts – Grand Final Show Djs Whiteboy, R’nold, Q-Cee, Sonny Kraft, Mass-P, Parkour, Freestyle Football, Trial Bike Show, Flatland Bike
- 17:20 Celebration of the winners
- 18:00 Program ends
More information can be found on the event’s official website.