Főzdefeszt Craft Beer Festival
June 9 - June 11
The Főzdefesz Craft Beer Festival is a unique beer festival where you can see and taste what the top new-wave beer makers and street food bars have to offer:
- more than 50 types of craft beer on tap, wines, coffee
- gourmet hamburger,
- hot-dog, gyros,
- grilled sausages, goulash, and other soups, fish dishes, desserts,
The autumn festival is held around the first weekend of September 2017 in the City Park (Városliget), Napozórét/Great Meadow next to Petőfi Stadium the largest leisure park in the city near Heroes’ Square, (M1/yellow line).
Great beers and food at scenic locations!Quick Links: Location, opening hours – Street Food – Programs
Főzdefeszt Red Beers
Venue: City Park (Városliget) – Napozórét/Great Meadow next to Petőfi Stadium
Getting there: trolley buses No. 70, 75, 79
Admission: free, but for beer beer tasting you have to buy a Craft Master Two tasting glass with the logo of the festival, sold on the spot in size 0.5 L but with markings of 0.2 L, 0,3 L, 0,4 L and 0,5 L. Price of the glass: 1 250 HUF.
Opening hours: Friday: 14.00 – 02.00, Saturday: 12.00 – 02.00, Sunday: 12.00 – 00.00
The September event had been focusing on red beers.
Getting there: M1 underground (yellow line) from Oktogon (tram 4, 6) Vörösmarty Square or Deák Square
Event Facebook Page
Payment on the festival: with HelloPay card and paypass bank cards (no cash).
Each sample is 150 ml. At the end you can choose one to have a full pint for FREE.
A 2-hour river tour + snacks + live Gypsy music for 27 EUR!
The most popular participants of previous events will be present again along with new stars of Budapest’s street food scene.
A couple of the best food trucks snd street food bars will offer the gourmet fast food:
- Zing Burger – The truck’s main location at Király utca 60., and their food truck is in Gozsdu Court. The juiciest burgers packed with goodies: Cheddar cheese, braised onion, Philadelphia cream cheese, bacon, chilly. Try the Guitar Hero, or the Phily Burger.
- Kanálgép Food Truck,
- Piknik Utczabár – bistro food, premium quality wines, homemade fruit syrups, smoothies.
- Kobe Sausages,
- PolaPola – Serbian grilled meats
- Babuska Food Truck
- Che Che Bistro – grilled sandwiches
- Twist & Chips
- Mangalica BBQ Show
- Tésztafeszítő Kisiparos – lángos, Hungarians favourite deep-fried bread
- Lekker Stroopwaffel
- Waffel Land
- Vespresso Coffees – the green retro Vespa offers quality coffee made from relatively freshly roasted beans supplied by the British Has Bean. When not on a festival they can been found in the Karaván Street Food Court at Kazinczy utca 18., district VII.
Főzdefeszt Craft Beer Festival
You can sample more than 100 beers in 50 stalls made by the cream-of-the-crop artisan Hungarian breweries. Lighter ales and lagers are becoming more and more popular, while Indian Pale Ales are still well loved at any beer event.
The curiosity of the season will be the hopped ciders: you can compare two: the Fusion Cider of OK Brewery and The Infusion by Hopfanatic.
Other exciting beers you can sample at the festival:
- Black Mamma by Élesztő – a coffeed stout
- Budapest Lager by Hara Punk
- Will Scarlett saison, the French harvest beer, by Bors Brewery
- Zip will tap Black IPA, East India Pale Ale, and saison.
- Summer Pale Ale – by Ogre and Armando from Békésszentandrás.
- Hableány – a light, 4,5 % summer beer by Legenda
- Bretania – Hungary’s first sour ale also by Legenda.
Well-known craft breweries that are longtime participants of Főzdefeszt that will be in the City Park between 10-12. June:
- Gyertyános: they’ll have a new fruit beer made with litchi
You can also sip brews made in Transylvania. The guerilla beer makers will surely bring some exciting beers too.
Sights, Attractions Near the Venue
City Park – The city’s most spacious green area with lots of attractions for the whole family: the Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden with the Holnemvolt Leisure park right next to it, and the Széchenyi Bath,
Andrássy Avenue – grand palaces, museums, glitzy shops, restaurants, cafes line this Parisian boulevard in the city centre.
Opera House – an imposing building on Andrássy Blvd. built in the second half of the 19. century.
St. Stephen’s Basilica – home to King St. Stephen’s Holy Right hand, organ concerts and a superb view form the cupola.
Miniversum – large model layout of railways, cities, countryside, attractions of Hungary, Austria and Germany.Related:
More June Festivals and Things to Do in Budapest – Wine Festival in Budapest Castle 2017 – Budapest in September: Events, Programs – Pálinka and Sausage Festival Buda Castle – National Gallop Equestrian Festival Budapest – Sweet Days Chocolate Festival in Buda Castle – Cultural Heritage Days in Budapest