- This event has passed.
Valentine’s Day Budapest 2018.
Program Tips for a Romantic Day
Valentine’s day in Budapest (Bálint nap in Hungarian traditions) – we have some great romantic things to do ideas in store for you and your loved one to make 14th February a truly memorable day.
Quick Links: Valentine’s Day Accommodation Offers – TIP: Valentine’s Day Cruise with Dinner – Romantic 3-in-1 Program – Hungarian Nights in ARAZ Restaurant – Thermal Baths, Pampering Massages – Day Spa Recommendations – TIP: Wine Tasting – Romantic Train Journey with Candlelit Dinner – Romantic Restaurants/Special Offers
Explore the sights of Budapest on a romantic river tour at night.
You’ll also enjoy a four-course buffet dinner and live music (the talented Hungarian Folk Orchestra will play Hungarian/gypsy folk pieces).
TIP: You can also choose to do the program with wine tasting, without dinner.
You’ll be served 7 top-quality Hungarian wines, 8 cl of each:
- Tokaji Furmint Grand Selection
- Hilltop Premium Merlot
- Juhász Blue Frankish Rosé
- Bodri Szekszárdi Civilis Cuvée
- Bárdos Pincészet Pinot Grigio
- Tokaji Szamorodni Sweet
- Tokaji Aszu 3 Puttonyos
The program lasts 2 hours, starting at 19.00, meeting place: at the ticket office of the Danube Palace at 5., Zrínyi utca, district V,. at 18.30 the latest.
- Welcome drink upon arrival (a glass of champagne or a shot of palinka or a glass of juice)
- 1 glass of wine (or juice) + 1 bottle of water (0,33) or soft drink
- full price with dinner: 56 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 35 EUR/prs
- students, with dinner: 54 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 32 EUR/prs.
Private Bath + Harmony Massage + Evening Danube Tour with Dinner & Music
Surprise your loved one with these three utterly romantic programs:
1. First you can have the Ornamented Bath Hall of the city’s prestigious thermal bath, the Gellért, completely to yourself.
The bath hall is secluded from the rest of the spa complex so you can have total privacy. The Zsolnay-tiled bath is filled with healing thermal water for your complete reinvigoration.
During the 3-hour bath you can sip chilled champagne and nibble from the complimentary plate of fruits.
2. After the bath you can enjoy a wonderful, refreshing Harmony Massage with fragrant essential oils (lasts 60 min.).
3. Last but not least you’ll go on a 1.5-hour sightseeing tour on the Danube complete with buffet style Dinner & Live Music.Booking & Details
If you’re celebrating Valentine’s in the Hungarian capital you’ll need a romantic hotel to stay at.
The cream-of-the-crop 5-star Budapest Hotels like the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection (New York Palace), Corinthia Hotel offer exquisite accommodation for you and your date.
Some hotels have special Valentine’s Day Packages with romantic programs and services:
Aquincum Hotel Budapest – Valentine’s Day Offer
Address: Árpád fejedelem útja 94., district III.
The Aquincum Hotel is a fine wellness hotel located out of the centre in the Óbuda district (rich in historic and cultural sights, hidden attractions and museums, galleries.
It has everything for a romantic stay: lovely rooms, great food, a spa complex, friendly staff.
Their Wellness Relaxation in the Year’s Most Romantic Month package includes:
- 2 nights stay in a Deluxe room with panoramic view of the river Danube
- champagne and flower the room
- a romantic dinner of 3 courses by candlelight in the hotel’s Ambrosia restaurant
- access to the hotel’s spa centre (until 17.00 on day of departure)
- rich buffet breakfast,
- a transfer to the centre to discover the city,
- aromatherapy massage for 2 (25 minutes)
Price: from 235 EUR/2 persons. See more details.
Address: Erzsébet körút 43-49., district IV
The Corinthia Hotel is one of the top-rated 5-star hotels of the city located on Nagykörút.
A wonderful wellness hotel ideal for romantic couples and families with kids.
- 2 nights stay with a sumptuous buffet breakfast,
- ESPA Aromatherapy Massage for two (50 minutes)
- romantic turndown
- Romantic 3-course dinner by candlelight (excluding beverages)
- use of the hotel’s Royal Spa complex.
Rates: from 186 EUR/double room/night (VAT and 4 % city tax are not incl.). See details and booking.
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus
Address: Erzsébet tér, district V.
This downtown hotel is an excellent choice for a romantic city break.
The location, Erzsébet Square, a small park with a couple of restaurants, bars, clubs, allows you to easily get to all the famous sights (St. Stephen’s Basilica, the Danube Promenade, Chain Bridge) by walk.
Their Romantic Getaway offer includes:
- one-night stay with outstanding buffet breakfast in the hotel’s ÉS Bistro,
- a glass of sparkling wine, fruits, chocolate, flowers in the room,
- unlimited use of spa facilities: swimming pool, thermal bath, sauna, steam bath,
- use of the spa: heated pool, steam bath, Finnish sauna, aroma cabin, Fitness Club.
Rates: from cc. 175 EUR/night. See details on the hotel’s website.
Aria Hotel-Winter Romance Package
Address: Hercegprímás utca 5., distrcit V.
This new boutique hotel near St. Stephen’s Basilica offers a romantic 3 for 2 vacation.
You get a complimentary 3rd night for a 2-night booking with use of the Harmony Spa Fitness & Wellness Center complete with
- a spa treatment for couples,
- chocolate covered strawberries prepared in the room upon arrival, and
- a bottle of fine wine.
Aria was voted the World’s Best Hotel 2017 by Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
A real romantic hotel designed along the theme of music right in the heart of the city. Included are also
- Breakfast each morning
- Afternoon Wine & Cheese Reception
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffee and Tea Service
Rates: 221 EUR.
Find out more about the Aria Hotel Budapest.
Folk Music, Dance and 4-Course Dinner
Have a wonderful evening sampling classic local dishes (including goulash) and wines to the tunes of a Hungarian folk ensemble who will also display their prowess at folk dancing.
A 4-course dinner with 3 glasses of wine, a welcome drink and a folklore performance in a stylish restaurant in the city centre for only 30 EUR + 10 % service charge.
More on the Hungarian folk night with dinner at ARAZ.
TIP: ARAZ also hosts a special Valentine’s Sunday Dinner on February 14. starting at 19.00.
It is still winter in Hungary in the middle of February so a dip in the hot thermal pools of bath will be a real treat on Valentine’s Day.
They also offer a range of massages and other spa and wellness treatments to make you feel invigorated on this cold winter day.
You can also indulge in a day spa if you prefer more privacy to the clatter of public baths.Here some day spas in the city center.
They offer all sorts of massage and beauty treatments (Western and Oriental), steam baths, Turkish baths, exotic showers, saunas, and various cosmetic treatments.
Most of them have special offers for couples which is ideal for a romantic program on Valentine’s Day.
Prices in a day spa vary: a simple massage or beauty treatment starts from 3 000 – 5 000 HUF while other services can cost 10 000 – 25 000 HUF.
Isis Day Spa
Address: Üllői út 14., district VIII., tram 4-6, M3 (blue) metro Corvin-negyed stop,
Open: 10.00-22.00 every day
The spa revives ancient Roman and Turkish bath culture.
You can choose from wide range of bath treatments including
- Kleopatra Bath,
- Wine Bath,
- Green Tea and
- Ginger Bath, as well as
- aromatherapy oil-baths and salt baths.
There are also steam bath and Finnish sauna.
Packages for couples include four choices, the basic Dream Couple being the less expensive (costs: 23 000 HUF).
Magnolia Day Spa
Address: Zoltán utca 3., district V., M2 (red) metro, tram 2, bus 15, Kossuth tér station
Open: Mon-Sun 09.00-21.00
A wide range of treatments and romantic packages for couples are available throughout February.
A series of exotic treatments are offered for total physical and mental rejuvenation.
Mandala Day Spa
Address: Ipoly utca 8., district XIII.Open:
In the city’s first day spa 20 types of body massages and 30 types of facial and other beauty treatments are available.
They offer special romantic packages for couples like a 60 minute classic massage with either nourishing shea butter, luxurious moisturizing cream or coconut oil aromatherapy.
A glass of fine champagne from the Kreinbacher estate and Ferrero chocolate surprise are also part of the offer: an ideal program to pamper your date on Valentine’s.
Faust Cellar in Buda Castle – Romantic, Historic Setting
A wine tasting in a medieval stone cellar in Buda Castle is another program to enjoy on Valentine’s Day with your loved one.
You can choose from 6 wine tasting menus that include wines from the most famous wine growing regions as well as from some lesser known wine makers of Hungary.
Reservation online is highly recommended because the cellar is quite small so limited places are available.
Reserve a Tasting
Read more about and reserve a Wine Tasting in the Faust Wine Cellar.
A three-course menu (meat-lovers’ and vegetarian versions) accompanied by delicious wines by candlelight, live piano music in a vintage train car is a fantastic Valentine day evening program.
The luxury train departs from Nyugati Train Station at 18.50 on 14th February 2018 and will take you
- to Nagymaros a town in the Danube Bend, 50 km from Budapest, then
- back to Nyugati Train Station in the capital.
The dinner will be served in the charming dining car of the train.
You can choose from two menu options: one is for meat lovers the other for vegetarians.
A sommelier will serve wines matching the menu, but there will be also soft drinks, fruit juices, mineral water and coffee.
Live piano music will also be played. The program is 3 hours long
Price of the romantic Valentine Day train trip:
- in a standard dining car: 17 990 HUF/person
- in the Orient dining car: 22 990 HUF/person (Sold Out!)
- a train journey to Nagymaros town and back to Budapest
- a 3-course dinner served during the journey (2 menu options for meat lovers and 1 menu for vegetarians),
- drinks (welcome drink, quality Hungarian wines, soft drinks, coffee, tea, mineral water).
- live piano music by Gábor Viczián.
- 18.15-18.45 Registration at Budapest-Nyugati railway station, receiving the boarding passes, welcome drink (Platform number 9)
- 18:50 Departure of the Candle-lit Express. Starter and main course will be served on the way in the dining cars.
- 20.30-21.30 Music program in the bar car.
- 21:50 Arrival to Budapest Nyugati railway station – Farewell
See more at the organiser’s, MÁV Nosztalgia, website
KIOSK, Dinner by Candle Light, 14. February at 19.00
Address: Március 15. tér 4., district V.
KIOSK has a prime location in central Pest, right at teh Danube Promenade, offering wonderful of Erzsébet Bridge, the Danube and the Gellért Hill in Buda.
A great place to take your loved one on the most romantic day of the year. They prepare with a special menu and cocktails for the occasion:
- Green apple and celery tart in foie gras flakes
- Spinach and goat cheese raviolo with beetroot cream, walnut, basil and pomegranate
- Lamb duo with anise flavoured seasonal vegetables and mint seasoned parnsnip
- When two become one… – Chocolate dessert
See details on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Address: Dohány utca 42-44., district VII., trams 4, 6 or M2/red metro Blaha Lujza tér stop
Reservation: Tel: +(36 1) 815 1100
This fine restaurant located in Continental Hotel Budapest in the vicinity of the Central Synagogue welcomes everyone with a sumptuous four-course dinner on Valentine’s Day.
Easily accessible by public transport, professional service, elegant setting – very good value for the price.
Welcome drink: Kiss on the Lips or Soft Love (both without alcohol)
Romantic Dinner Menu:
Soup – First Touch
- Smoked celery cream soup with candied walnuts
Saffron flavoured fish soup with tiger shrimp
Cold Starter – Aphrodite’s Delicacy
- Marinated salmon muffin with pomegranate sauce
Mains – Amor’s Arrow
- Lamb ragout with roasted corn pie and armagnac sauce
Salmon fillet boiled in white wine served with cinnamonic carrots, green pea purée and saffron velouté
Desserts – Sweet Dreams
- Red velvet parfait with lavender strawberry ragout
Savarin swollen in red wine with dark chocolate and gold raisins
Price: 9 490 HUF + 10 % service charge.
More Romantic Restaurants for a Valentine’s Day Eating Out
The most obvious way to dazzle your partner on Valentine’s day is taking her to a romantic restaurant.
Any of the fine Italian Budapest restaurants (Fausto’s, Krízia) is a perfect choice for a romantic dinner.
If you opt for local cuisine there are several elegant Hungarian Restaurants too choose from as well.
No one does romance better than the French so my pick would be a French-themed restaurant in Buda: Pavillon de Paris.
They have excellent food, great wines, friendly service and a fairy-tale like garden to be enjoyed in summer.
Related: Find more program tips for February in Budapest!