Good-Value Luxury Hotel in a Historic Neighbourhood
Address: Hess András tér 1-3., district I., Buda Castle
The Hilton Hotel in Budapest Castle District offers traditional Hilton-quality.
Although many dislike the hotel’s architecture I think it fits well in the surrounding historic setting.
The remains of a 13th century Dominican Monastery has been nicely incorporated in the hotel building.
Highlights of Hotel Hilton Buda Castle
- Similarly to St. George Residence the location of Hilton Buda castle is very good -the hotel stands right next to Matthias Church and Fishermen’s Bastion.
- Rooms are big and comfy, most of them offering a beautiful panoramic view of the Danube and the Pest riverbank.
- The staff is very helpful and friendly.
- Excellent conferencing facilities
- Very good restaurant
On MapPublic Transport: you get to downtown Pest by bus 16 (Várbusz=Castle Bus). It takes you across the Chain Bridge in district V., Széchenyi Square or Deák Ferenc Square.
In the castle area it stops at Szentháromság tér at Matthias Church, Dísz tér at the Royal Palace and at Bécsi kapu tér
See more tips using public transportation in Budapest.
Rooms in the Hilton
This is a large hotel with more than 300 rooms with king sized beds in three categories:
- Guest rooms: 31 sqm: availble with Danube and the Parliament view, incudes breakfast of croissant and coffee in the Lobby Cafe & Bar
- Executive Rooms: same as the Guest Rooms but with the plus of access to the Excutive Lounge with breakfast and refreshments, workd desk, WiFi connection. Danube view rooms are available.
- Suites: 55 – 160 sqm 5 types: King Baroque Suite, King Danube River Suite, King JNR Danube Suite, and the most upsacle: the King Presidential Suite on 160 sqm.
There is also a Twin Business Room of 55 sqm size with twin beds , separate meting room accommodating 10 people, WiFi (not incl. in room price).You can also enjoy free breakfast and refreshments in the Executive Lounge.TIP: To enjoy a scenic vista book a room facing the river Danube
The hotel offers a wide range of amenities and services the most notable ones being:
- baby crib
- high chairs
- children’s menu
- baby sitting service (EUR 15)
- family room rates
- concierge desk
- car rental desk
- room service
- gift shop
- beauty shop
- currency exchange
Conveniences for Physically Challenged and Elderly People
The whole hotel is accessible for people in wheelchair and with mobility issues.
Other conveniences: audible alarms and alerts in lifts, visual alarms for hearing impaired, menu printed in large.
There is a small fitness room with various gym equipment as well as a jogging track. The Hilton doesn’t have a spa like some other 5-star hotels (Four Seasons Gresham Palace, Boscolo Budapest, Corinthia Hotel etc.)
Travellers’ Reviews of Hilton Buda Castle
Overall most people are like the Hilton in Buda Castle some said that it’s the “Best Value Hilton in Europe”.On the Plus Side
- charming hotel right in the middle of a historic district with wonderful views of the Danube and the sights in Pest
- kind, attentive staff
- tastefully furnished rooms with comfortable king-sized beds
- superb conference and business facilities
- great restaurant with efficient service
- fine breakfast – you can order omelettes, fried egg or other cooked meal
- AC was a bit loud at night
- One disadvantage is that use of internet is quite expensive: cc. 4.5 EUR for 30 minutes or cc. 25 EUR for 24 hours.
Stay at the Hilton in Buda Castle for the amazing views from most rooms, extremely helpful and professional staff, large rooms with comfortabl beds.
Excellent business facilities too if you want to do some work or have business meetings during your stay or.
More information: hotel’s website.
Other Hotels in the Area
Baltazár Boutique Hotel – a lovely hotel in the historic Országház utca in the northern corner of the Castle.