For Shopping Addicts
Address: Váci út 1-3., district VI.
Compared to the other Hilton establishment in Buda castle this one has less favorable location.
The Hilton City (formerly called Hilton Bp. WestEnd) is in the city center but in a more hectic part with lots of traffic and street noise, though you won’t hear any of this in your room.
Highlights of the hotel:
- Excellent transport connections: M3 (blue) metro station, Nyugati (Western) Train Station, Trams 4, 6 stop: you can get to anywhere in the city in no time
- large shopping mall (WestEnd City Center) next door
- the hip cafe and bar neighborhood at Liszt Ferenc Tér is a short walk from the hotel
- typical Hilton-standard service
- good size, comfortable rooms
- attentive staff
The Hilton City offers the same room types as its sister, the Hilton Budapest in Buda Castle, minus the superb view.
Guest rooms, Excecutive rooms and Suites with Executive Business Lounge access are the choice: comfy bedding in kingsize beds, use of wireless internet is included in the price,.
Bar, Sauna, Fitness Center
You can sip wonderful cocktail in the bar. There is a small sauna and you can also lounge on the sundeck.
One of the highlights of Hilton City is the top-of-the-line fitness room on the rooftop where you can enjoy the superb view while excercising on the modern gym equipment, the Lifefitness Elevation cardio machines with touch screen display.
The gym is open all day. Find out more abou the hotel on its official website.
What Travellers’ Say?On the Plus Side
- Good, comfortable hotel with central location, lots of stores, shops, not only in the shopping centre directly accessible from the hotel but along Grand Boulevard (Nagykörút)
- excellent transport connections
- attentive, helpful staff
- superb service in all areas
- adjacent to a large shopping centre, the WestEnd with loads of shops, a cinema, cafes and fast food restaurants
- great for a business or leisure trip – especially you wnat to do lots of shopping
- good breakafast with a a wide choice of cold and hot meals
- a bit faceless, you could be anywhere in the world
Things To Do Suggestions
The Il bacio di Stile is one of the newest luxury multibrand stores on the famous avenue.
Visit the Opera for some cultural entertainment as well as its stunning architecture.
- Corinthia Hotel Budapest – great-value 5-star historic hotel in a busy neighbourhood.
- Aria Budapest Hotel – new luxury design hotel close to the Basilica.
- Hotel Palazzo Zichy – small, boutique hotel in a former palace, one of the highest rated in Budapest.
- St. George Residence All Suite Hotel – romantic luxury hotel in a historic building in the Castle.