Three Corners Downtown Hotel Opened In Its Place
Luxury Boutique Hotel with Central Location
Address: Október 6. utca 26., next to Szabadság Square
The Iberostar Grand Hotel is a quite new luxury boutique hotel in downtown Budapest close to
- Szabadság Square in he business district of the city,
- the Parliament,
- St. Stephen’s Basilica,
- the Danube and other top attractions.
- Boldly designed rooms on several levels, most of them with a fine view of the park adjacent to the hotel,
- helpful, knowledgeable staff,
- a first rate restaurant called La Parilla, and
- a small spa are the highlights of the fairly new accommodation by the Spanish Iberostar hotel chain group.
It is a rather small hotel with only 50 rooms so the atmopshere is quite friendly.
Add to it the Spanish staff’s hospitality and zest for life, the impeccable rooms and service, and you’ve found a winner in the Budapest accommodation market.
You can conveniently discover the many landmarks by walk but there’s also a metro station (M3, blue line, Arany J. utca station) near the hotel should you want to get to farther parts of the city.
Besides the premier location, other highlights of the hotel are:
- the sleek, modern design combined with 21-st century amenities,
- professional, attentive service
- comfortable, large rooms
- a spa and fitness centre
- a fine restaurant with international cuisine
Rooms in the Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest
The hotel has 50 rooms on 5 levels with
- round the clock room service,
- TV and phon,e
- coffee and tea maker,
- pillow selection,
- iPod Docking Station,
- highspeed wireless internet.
Beds are either king size or two single beds with comfortable pillows. All rooms have separate toilette from the bathroom.
Room rates vary according to season and special holidays.
- Standard Atrium Rooms: a 35 sqm room with shower – Price:110 EUR/night/person
- Double Superior: 40 sqm: it has a bathroom with shower and bathtub. Price: 130 EUR/night/person
- Double Excecutive: 45 and 72 sqm with king size or two single beds with shower in the bathroom Price: 180 EUR/night/person:
- Double Deluxe: 45 sqm with king size bed shower and bathtub. Price: 200 EUR/night/person
- Junior Suite: 58 and 72 sqm with king size bed shower and bathtub. Price: 255 EUR/night/person
TIP: Specify that you want a room with a window if you don’t want to feel claustrophobic (Standard Atrium, which are the cheapest rooms, don’t have window). Rooms on higher levels overlooking the lovely Szabadság square are the best.
Spa and Fitness Centre
Wellness services are essential parts of luxury hotels in Budapest, and the Iberostar Grand Hotel doesn’t fall short on them either although it is on the smallish side.
You can relax in a Jacuzzi (seats 12 people), sauna and steam room.
Eating – La Parrilla Restaurant
The La Parrila Restaurant on the ground floor is independent form the hotel.
It opened in 2016 and focuses on Spanish and Hungarian cuisine as well as exquisite cocktails.
You can enjoy your meal or drink and watch the busy life of the city centre from the terrace.
What Travellers Say?
On the Plus Side:
- Excellent location in the city centre, yet quite and peaceful area, nice park at Szabadság Square, lots of restaurants and cafes,
- fabulous rooms with gorgeous bathroom
- efficient, friendly staff
- Pay attention to ask for a room with a view when you make your reservation. Some rooms face inside and don’t have window, obviously these are the cheapest rooms.
- Breakfast is a bit expensive and not substantial enough (according to some reviewers)
Things to Do Suggestions
Stepping out of the hotel you find yourself at Szabadság tér flanked by imposing buildings and the Russian Memorial in the middle.
- The park is a green gem in downtown Budapest with
- sycamore tree-lined walkways,
- two playgrounds and
- a terraced cafe called Hütte that besides coffee and drinks
- also serves decent bistro meals.
The square hosts the Mangalica gastro festival each February (12-14. February in 2016) as well as Farmers’ market on Friday mornings.
The playful fountain attracts both kids and adults on hot summer days.
The Hungarian Parliament building and its new Visitor Centre is just a short walk to the north from the hotel.
TIP: Book a ticket to visit the interior and the Holy Crown of King St. Stephen. (Recommended if you don’t want to queue at the ticket office) .
You can also just take a stroll around the vast building or relax on a bench in the park.
See the must-see sights of the city on a cruise on the Danube.
There are several boat tours to choose from depending whether you want to have a meal or just drinks, music, do it during the day or at night.
- Walk across the Chain Bridge (around 8-10 minutes by walk from the hotel)
- then head up to Buda Castle, stroll along the charming streets,
- visit Matthias Church,
- admire the view from Fishermen’s Bastion,
- have a coffee or light lunch in the handful restaurants and cafes there.
The Iberostar Grand Hotel in Budapest is an excellent choice for a romantic getaway, a business trip, family celebration or other occasions.
Similar Hotels in Budapest
Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace – The Ritz Carlton Budapest (2016) – Aria Hotel Budapest, at the Basilica, Opened in 2015 – Boscolo Hotel Budapest – Corinthia Hotel Budapest – Lanchíd 19 Designer Hotel – Prestige Hotel Budapest – Baltazar Hotel in Buda Castle – Buddha Bar Hotel in Váci Street – Hilton Budapest Castle – Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge