A Trendy Boutique Hotel in Budapest’s Centre
Location: Lánchíd utca 19., Buda, district I.
The nearby Chain Bridge (Lánchíd) inspired the owners when they decided on the hotel’s name.
The 45-room hotel has a modern, minimalist design with a spectacular glass facade and unique lighting solutions.
All the rooms are
- with views to either the Danube or the Castle Hill,
- have free internet access,
- flat-screen TV-set with international channels, and
A Cafe and Restaurant on the gallery floor opens onto a garden terrace.
The 3 conference rooms can accommodate 100 people and are perfect for
- trainings and
The 4-star Lánchíd 19 Design Hotel quickly became one of the top-rated hotels in Budapest after its opening in June 2007.
Great Location in Buda
The Lánchíd 19 boutique hotel is a great starting point for exploring downtown Budapest.
You just walk across the Chain Bridge and you’re in the heart of district V. in Pest.
It is the main tourist district of the city with lots of
- restaurants, cafes,
- shops and
- historic sights.
Sights in Buda (Castle District, Gellért Hill) can also be conveniently reached.
Returning to this convenient contemporary hotel after long-hours of sightseeing in Budapest is really refreshing.
The hotel has already received several awards:
The most recent recognition has been the European Hotel Designs Award Best Architecture category won in November 2008.
- 2 Hungarian Design Awards for the moveable glass facade, and
- a Budapest Architectural prize in 2007.
Lánchíd 19 was included in the Best 50 Business Hotels – a list compiled by Wallpaper and Fortunes Magazines
The hotel also was selected among the best 65 Places to Stay by Condé Nast Traveller.
Lánchíd 19 offers amazing views from its rooms.
You can enjoy a fine panorama of
- the Danube with Margaret Island and
- the Pest riverbank from a bathtub of your suite.
Rooms on the other side of the hotel also treat guests with scenic view of Buda Castle.
Architectural Highlights of the Lánchíd 19 Boutique Hotel
As a design hotel it includes many spectacular elements that makes it a unique contemporary city hotel.
From outside the accordion-type glass facade featuring small painted graphics depicting the ecosystem of the Danube is an innovative design element.
Glass is used throughout the hotel to create an airy, open environment.
Stepping in the atrium the glass suspension bridges overhead immediately draw the eye.
Through the transparent floor you can see remains of a medieval water tower.
All rooms are furnished with modern items: comfortable beds and chairs.
There are 45 rooms and 3 panorama suites designed in minimalist style but with individual decor.
All rooms and suites are
- have free internet access,
- large flat screen TV with international channels,
- safe deposit.
Rooms on the other side of the hotel also treat guests with scenic view the Buda Castle.
Room Types & Rates:
- Standard rooms (size. 23 sq. meters, 247.5 sq. feet): cc. 86-278 EUR.
- Deluxe Double (size: 24 sqm, 269 sq. feet), floor to ceiling windows: cc. 106-315 EUR.
- Superior Double (size: 24 sqm, 269 sq. feet) with floor-to-ceiling window and balcony overlooking the Castle: cc. 92-296 EUR.
- Panorama Suite (size: 60 sqm, 646 sq. feet) with a large panorama terrace (cc. 18 sqm, 194 sq. feet): cc. 270-520 EUR.
The hotel has a fine restaurant on the ground floor offering international and traditional Hungarian dishes with a nice wine selection.
There’s also a pleasant cafe in the backyard perfect for sipping coffee.
You can choose from a wide range of cocktails and other drinks in the 24-hour bar.
- 24-hour reception and concierge
- free Wi-Fi in the whole hotel
- room service
- car rental
- cab ordering
- business services (computer use, telephone, fax, photocopying)
- 3 meeting rooms
- baby sitting service and massage upon prior request
Conference & Business Facilities
The hotel has 3 meeting rooms of various sizes in which 100 guests can be seated.
Travellers’ Reviews on Lánchíd 19 Design Hotel
According to reviews published on popular tourist websites, travellers like the hotel.
The innovative design elements and the central location make it a good choice over other Budapest hotels.
Both Buda and Pest can be easily reached form the hotel. The view from the rooms is very nice and the decor is lovely.
All in all the Lánchíd 19 Design Hotel is a true competitor of more expensive 5-star Budapest hotels. It’s a highly recommended for visitors coming to Budapest on business or for a romantic getaway.
Other Hotels Nearby
Baltazár is a small boutique hotel with unique design in a peaceful part of Castle District.
Close to many historic attractions and offering
- individually decorated rooms,
- tasty meals,
- fine wines in its restaurant.
Baltazár is undoubtedly one of the best-value accommodations in the neighbourhood.
- Royal Palace, Matthias Church and Fishermen’s Bastion in Buda Castle District are all very close to the hotel.
- TIP: The city’s newest, refrubished attarction the Várkert Bazaar & Royal Gardens (will be completely finished by the end of August 2014.) is right next to the hotel on the Danube bank.
- Chain Bridge (Széchenyi Lánchíd) – the first permanent bridge connecting Pest and Buda.
- The Castle Hill, along with the Danube Bridges, and the promenade on the Pest riverbank are part of the UNESCO’s World Heritage Program. Some examples of fine architecture include the Hungarian Academy of Sciences at the Pest end of the Chain Bridge, the Gresham Palace which houses the Four Seasons Hotel. Read more about World Heritage Sites in Budapest.
- The cliffs of Gellért Hill stands south of the Castle Hill.
- Lovely walkways take you up to the Citadella fortress and the Liberty Statue on the hill top.
- In Pest you can explore by walk Vörösmarty Square where you can have coffee with a delicious cake in Gerbeaud Cafe.
- The well-known pedestrian shopping street, Váci utca starts at the south end of the square.
Visit also the hotel’s website for more photos.
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel – large luxury hotel on the Danube Bank in Pest.
- Aria Hotel Budapest – new, 5-star boutique hotel close to the Basilica.
- Hotel Palazzo Zichy – charming boutique hotel in former palace, district VIII.
- Hilton Budapest Castle – typical Hilton experience at a fantastic location in Buda Castle.
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest – 5-star boutique hotel at Szabdaság Sqr., city centre.
- St. George Residence Boutique Hotel in Buda Castle – a luxurious all-suite hotel in a historic building.
- Prestige Hotel Budapest – a new design hotel in a restored historic mansion, dazzling interior, Michelin-quality restaurant and top-notch service.
- More Design Hotels in Budapest