Train Table & Playhouse in Krausz Palace, Andrássy út
Budapest has an awesome, new attraction for children, the Miniversum interactive train table and playhouse on 300 square metres
It’s located in the historic Krausz Palace on Andrássy Avenue.
You can explore the most notable landmarks of Germany, Austria and Hungary on beautiful railway models.
A great activity for both kids and their parents, ideal for rainy days when you can’t think of anything exciting to do during the summer vacation.
Christmas – New Year Programs
Craft workshop and activities in the playhouse await visitors till 02. January 2018.
Opening hours in the festive season:
- 31. December: 09.00 – 17.00
- 01. January 2018: 12.00 – 19.00
Programs Every Day:
- 10.00 – 11.00 – quiz
- 11.00 – 12.30 and 15.30 – 17.30 – Craft workshop: making Christmas and New Year ornaments, baking gingerbread
- 13.00 – 14.30 – Building a maquette house (the maquette set costs 800 HUF)
- Digital train ride with an iPad
New Year’s Eve Celebration in the Miniversum
A fun and active party from 09.00 to welcome the coming of the New Year!
- craft acttivities and
- a glass of children champagne for everyone.
You can also have lots of fun on the 1st day of the year, 01. January 2018 when the Miniversum welcomes everyone between 12.00 – 19.00.
- Address: Andrássy út 12., on the ground floor of the Krausz Palace, district VI.,
- Getting there: M1 underground (yellow line) Opera station, M3 metro (blue line) Arany János utca station-3-4 minute walk, M2 metro (red line) Deák tér station-5 minute walk
The Miniversum is open all year round except Christmas: December 24-25-26.
- Monday – Sunday: 10.00 – 18.00
- In school holidays: 09.00 – 19.00.
- Full price: 2 400 HUF,
- children 2 – 14 ages: 1 700 HUF,
- free for kids under 2 years of age,
- Family tickets (2 adults+1 child): 5 900 HUF, 2 adults+2 children: 6 900 HUF, 1 adult+ 2 kids: 4 900 HUF. 30 % discount with Budapest Card
TIP: Buy the 72-Hour Budapest Card for Children, ages: 6 – 18 years. Comes with many free services and discounts:
- because it’s great fun and not just for kids.
- affordable, and open almost throughout the year
- a good program for a rainy or unbearably hot summer day
- housed in a beautiful historic palace
- easily accessible from most parts of the city
The Miniversum in Numbers
The wonderful complex includes 14 settlements, 100 rail cars on 1 300 m rail tracks, 600 buildings, 1 000 cars, 5 000 miniature figures and 5 000 trees.
The trains depart from Budapest and travel to Germany through Austria. The route includes:
- In Hungary: Budapest-Tata-Pannonhalma-Győr-Nagycenk-Sopron
- In Austria: Burgenland-Vienna-Melk-Dörnstein
- In Germany: Eisenach-Wartburg-Rothenstein-Uelzen-Leuchtenburg
You can admire all the famous sights of the three countries, see the everyday life in towns, villages and farms,along the journey.
What makes the whole thing even more exciting is that by a press of a button you can have a say in what’s going to happen.
Besides train traffic, cars will soon roam the tables. The setting can be changed according to seasons, holidays or other special occasions.
Playhouse & Workshops
In the playhouse children can play with train tables: 5 tables for 5 age groups. They can also learn the ins and outs of rail model making.
Toy and Gift Shop
The toyshop has opened recently and you can enter without buying a ticket to the Miniversum. You can browse among a wide array of
- modell kits,
- wooden train sets,
- plush toys,
- puzzles, card games, fridge magnets and more.
A great place to buy present for a kid!