How to Get Your 48-Hour Budapest Card?
Free Delivery to Your Hotel/Apartman
Your card will be delivered to your hotel or apartment in Budapest.
Please add your hotel/apartment name and address in the required filed when buying the card.
Validity of the 48 Hour Budapest Card
The card is valid for one person for 48 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
You also have to fill in the month/day/hour fields on the back of the card.
Services Available Free or at Discount Price:
Unlimited Rides on Public Transport
(excluding the Funicular in Buda Castle for which the Card is not valid)
within the administrative boundaries of Budapest while the card is valid:
- the 4 metro lines (M1 yellow line, M2 red line, M3 blue line, M4 green line),
- 5 suburban railway lines/HÉV in Hungarian (H5, H6, H7, H8, H9 lines),
- the public boat lines (D11-doesn’t operate in winter, D12-doesn’t operate in winter, D13, D14), cogwheel railway.
- Chairlift/Libegő in Zugliget in the Buda Hills.
One time free entry to the permanent exhibitions of 17 Museums & Galleries:
- Hungarian National Gallery, Szent György tér 2., Buda Royal Palace A-B-C-D buildings
- Memento Park – Communist Statue Park in the outskirts: Balatoni út-Szabadkai utca, distr. XXII. Open: every day: 10.00-till dusk.
- Hungarian National Museum, Múzeum krt. 14-16., district VIII.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Dózsa György út 41., district XIV. (Heroes’ Sqr.)
- Art Hall, Dózsa György út 37. district XIV.(Heroes’ Sqr.)
- Museum of Budapest History, Buda Royal Palace, district I.
- New Budapest Gallery in the Whale, Fővám tér 10-12., district IX.,
- Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts (Komor Marcell utca 1.., district IX.,)
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism, Korona tér 1., Óbuda, district III.
- Kiscelli Museum, Kiscelli utca 108. Óbuda, district III.
- Vasarely Museum, Szent Lélek tér 6. Óbuda, district III.
- Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Museum, Andrássy út 103. district VI.
- Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park,Szentendrei út 135. Óbuda, district III.
- Mai Manó House – Photo Gallery, Nagymező utca 20., District VI.
- Béla Bartók Memorial House, Csalán utca 29., Buda, district II., Open: Tue – Sun: 10.00 – 17.00
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center, Nagymező utca 8., District VI.
- Museum of Hungarian Customs and Finance Guard, Munkácsy Mihály utca 19/b., district VI.
- Museum of Hungarian Customs and Finance Guard
Note: Museums in Budapest are closed on Mondays.
One Time Entry to the Lukács Thermal Bath
2 Free English Language, Guided Walking Tours
- one in Buda at 10:00,- departs from Szentháromság Square in the Castle (next to Matthias Church)
- one in Pest at 14:00, – departs from Molnár’s Kürtöskalács Cafe in Váci Street (Váci utca 31. Budapest 1052)
Free admission to the Folk Art Festival in August
Budapest Card holders can entry to the 4-day Festival of Folk Arts in Buda Castle held at 17 – 20. August 2019.
10 – 50% Discount to More Than 60 Attractions/Activities
The card is valid for one person, regardless of age, for 48 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
Please also fill in the fields on the back of the card before the first use using Hungarian date order:
- month in the the first,
- day in the second and
- hour (rounded backwards) in the third box. Please use the 24 hour clock system, Do Not Use am and pm
Please sign the card!
You might also be interested in the other two city passes (same discounts, services apply):
See also our main Budapest card page!
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.