How to Get Your 48-Hour Budapest Card?
At the Airport or Delivered to Your Hotel/Apartman
Collect your Card at the airport upon arrival or get it delivered to your hotel/apartman in Budapest free of charge!
Collection points at Budapest Airport are at the Tourist Information Points at Terminal 2A and Teminal 2B during business hours:
- Terminal 2A: every day between 08.00 – 22.00
- Terminal 2B: every day between 10.00 – 22.00
Validity of the 48 Hour Budapest Card
The card is valid for one person for 48 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
You also have to fill in the month/day/hour fields on the back of the card.
Services Available Free or at Discount Price:
Unlimited Rides on Public Transport
(excluding the Funicular in Buda Castle and the Chairlift/Libegő in Zugliget in the Buda Hills, for which the Card is not valid)
within the administrative boundaries of Budapest while the card is valid:
- the 4 metro lines (M1 yellow line, M2 red line, M3 blue line, M4 green line),
- the 5 suburban railway lines/HÉV in Hungarian (H5, H6, H7, H8, H9 lines),
- the public boat lines (D11-doesn’t operate in winter, D12-doesn’t operate in winter, D13, D14), cogwheel railway.
The BP card is not valid on the Buda Castle Funicular/Budavári Sikló.
One time free entry to the permanent exhibitions of the following Museums & Galleries:
- Budapest History Museum
- Hungarian National Galery
- Hungarian National Musem
- Aquincum Museum and Archeological Park
- Kiscelli Museum
- New Budapest Gallery
- Vasarely Museum
- Mai Manó House – Photo Gallery
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center
- Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Art Museum
Note: Museums in Budapest are closed on Mondays.
One Time Entry to the Lukács Thermal Bath
2 Free English Language, Guided Walking Tours
- one in Buda at 10:30,- departs from Szentháromság Square in the Castle
- one in Pest at 14:00, – departs from Molnár’s Kürtöskalács Cafe in Váci Street
10 – 50% Discount to More Than 60 Attractions/Activities
The card is valid for one person, regardless of age, for 48 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
Please also fill in the fields on the back of the card before the first use using Hungarian date order:
- month in the the first,
- day in the second and
- hour (rounded backwards) in the third box. Please use the 24 hour clock system, Do Not Use am and pm
Please sign the card!
You might also be interested in the other two city passes (same discounts, services apply):
See also our main Budapest card page!
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.