Take our scenic Budapest city cruise with wine tasting on the Danube and see the famous sights in a relaxing way. In good weather you can enjoy the view and the wines, take photos from the open deck of the ship.
The ships are air-conditioned if you happen to be in Budapest during a sweltering period. In cold weather the heating is turned on to ensure your utmost convenience and enjoyment.
Due to the epeidemic, in summer 2021, however only the open terraces of the ships will be available to guests!
Date & Time of Wine & Cruises in Budapest 2021
Due to the epidemic currently only the Cruise starting at 20.00 is available.
We offer the Budapest cruise with wine tasting program 3 times a day:
- Two wine cruises in the afternoon at 14.00 – 15.30 and between 01. April – 30. December at 16.00 – 17.30 (except on 20. Aug and 24., 31. Dec)
- Evening Cruise with Wine Tasting & Live Music at 19.00 – 21.00 (every day, exc. on 14., Feb, 20. Aug, and 24., 31 Dec)
All cruises take the same route on the Danube taking you on a scenic tour that covers many of the must-see attractions of the Hungarian capital.
- Every day 14 00 – 15.30,
- 16.00 – 17.30 every day between 01. April – 30. December, except on 20. Aug, and 24., 31. Dec.
Start the afternoon in style, on a sightseeing ship cruising the Danube and sipping splendid wines. A great way to see Budapest’s World Heritage protected panorama and discover the local wines!
- Every day at 20.00 – 22.00 (except on 14. February, 20. August, 24. December, 31. December)
Authentic folk melodies by a professional band, the Hungaria Folk Ensemble & Orchestra, add to the atmosphere of the program.
You can experience the tunes of a unique Hungarian instrument the cimbalom/hammered dulcimer.
- Full price: 33 EUR/person,
- Students: 31 EUR/person Note: The age limit of alcohol consumption in Hungary is 18, you might need to prove your age with a valid ID.
- 7 wine samples (8 cl each),
- Scones (pogácsa: Hungarian savoury pastry usually with cheese sprinkled on top)
- 2-hour or 1,5 hour (in case of the night cruise at 22.00) tour on the Danube on air-conditioned/heated panorama ships.
- With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace.
- Vigadó tér, Ponton No. 2., Budapest 1052 (Tram 2 has a stop there).
- At half an hour before the cruise starts
On the tour you can taste 7 different wines (8 cl from each) from various Hungarian wine regions and wineries including the famous Tokaj region!
You can buy more wines or other drinks from the bar on board the ship. You can also purchase Hungarian wines or other drinks to take home with you.
The Wines You Can Sample:
- Tokaji Furmint Grand Selection (a dry fruity white with pale yellow colour and complex notes, balanced acidity )
- Hilltop Premium Merlot (a strong full-bodied red with notes of red berries)
- Juhasz Blue Frankish Rosé (from Eger region, a fresh lively rose full of aroma and flavour)
- Bodri Szekszárdi Civilis Cuvée (a red blend with medium body, notes of berries and spices)
- Bardos Pinceszet Pinot Grigio (from the Matra Hill, a dry white with aromas and taste of herbs)
- Tokaji Szamorodni Sweet (a sweet dessert wine from the Tokaj region)
- Tokaji Aszu 3 Puttonyos (the famous sweet dessert wine)
You can reserve the program with hotel pick-up and drop-off service for – convenient transport, no need to pay attention how much you drink because you’ll be driven back to your hotel!
Our chauffeur will take you directly to the ship so you don’t have to go the meeting point, after the cruise we’ll take you back to your accommodation.
We kindly ask you, to check in at hotel’s your reception or wait for the driver in front of your apartment one hour prior to you cruise start, to help us find you!
Note: If you book tickets with pick up please add your Hotel/Apartment name and mobile number in the specified field.
- Craft Beer Cruise Budapest – 5 artisan brews on a 2-hour long boat tour, every day at 19.00
- Wine Tasting in Budapest – best places to sample local wines.
- Top Wine Bars in Buda and Pest – really good venues to try local wines, learn about wine makers and wine growing regions. Food is also good at most of these places.
- More Cruises in Budapest – lunch, afternoon, evening and night tours with or without meal.
- Danube Cruise with Cocktail/Beer – at 14.00, 16.00 and 19.00 – 2 cocktails of your choice or 3 mugs of local beer (0,5 L).
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.