Visit the world’s oldest remaining naval monitor ship anchored on the Danube right in front of the Hungarian Parliament.
The Lajta Museum Warship, a once deadly metal giant was built in 1871 and has been floating on the Danube ever since although it hasn’t been causing much trouble lately.
Enjoy its imposing sight with your own two eyes from inside and outside on an in-depth audio-guided tour where you can learn about its history and stories.
This old veteran has gone through some breathtaking adventures back in its days.
Date & Times:
The ship museum will be anchored at the Parliament and open to visitors till 30th September 2018.
Opening hours: every day: 10.00 – 18.00
Meeting point (with your E-Ticket): in front of the Parliament, Kossuth tér, Budapest district V. (M2 metro/tram 2).
Danube Cruise with Buffet Meal
After the museum visit board our cruise boat that will take you on a 1.5 – 2 hour sightseeing tour on the Danube, complete with 4-course buffet lunch or dinner.
The river cruise will take you to astonishing sights such as
- the Chain Bridge,
- Buda Castle with the Royal Palace, Matthias Church and Fishermen’s Bastion,
- the Gellért Hill with the Gellért Bath in front of it
- Great Market Hall on the Pest side on the opposite side of the river and will give you a chance to rediscover the Parliament Building from a new perspective.
Enjoy a welcome drink upon boarding the boat and tuck into a truly diverse selection of fresh meals from the buffet tables at the centre of the boat.
Taste true Hungarian specialties such as
- Goulash soup,
- Chicken paprikash and
- Stuffed cabbage
You can also have international favourites, salads and vegetarian delicacies. Just don’t forget to leave some space for dessert either.
- Lunch cruise departure: every day at 14.00 (ends at 15.30)
- Evening Cruise & Dinner departure: every day at 19.00 (ends at 21.00)
Meeting point and time for both cruises:
- In the Danube Palace (Duna Palota, address: Zrínyi utca 5., Budapest 1051, 30 minutes the cruise starts. The historic stands next to the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, near the Basilica.
As a complimentary bonus to your ticket, you will receive free passes to two additional historic Danube ships as well with their own stunning exhibitions inside.
Board a 100-year old steamboat,
- the Kossuth Museum ship and the
- Gróf Széchenyi Event Boat, the single functioning
paddle wheeler in Budapest to satisfy your naval curiosities!Discover some of the most outstanding Hungarian ancients on an extraordinary adventure in Budapest!
Included Are (in the Boat tours):
- welcome drink (a glass of sparkling wine or orange juice)
- 4-course buffet meal with a glass of wine/beer or soft drink + a small bottle of mineral water
- + on the evening cruise: live music by a Gypsy orchestra.
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace.