Visit the world’s oldest remaining naval monitor ship anchored on the Danube right in front of the Hungarian Parliament.
The Lajta Warship of the Austro-Hungarian Navy, was built in 1871 and has been floating on the Danube ever
It has been converted into a museum with rooms furnished as it had been in its heyday.
The stunning displays and information posters let you in on the story of this old war lady.
Exploring the ship and viewing the exhibition takes around 1 hour.
Your ticket includes Bonus Entry to two other historic ships:
- the Gróf Széchenyi – today functioning as an event boat, and the
- Kossuth paddle-wheeler
Great Program for Children
It’s an ideal program with kids (from around ages 5-6), especially on rainy days or when you just run out of ideas what see and do in Budapest.
Find out about other kid-friendly Budapest activities!
Date & Times:
The ship museum will be anchored at the Parliament and open to visitors till 30th September 2018.
Opening hours: every day: 10.00 – 18.00
(with your E-Ticket):
in front of the Parliament, Kossuth tér, Budapest district V. (M2 metro/tram 2).
TIPS: Put on a safety helmet before descending down to the interior of the ship to prevent banging your head.
You will find the helmets in two containers next to the door leading down.
The ceiling is quite low and some door openings are small.
A couple of iron steps lead down to the interior.
It’s quite windy onboard the ship on most days.
Danube Cruise with Buffet Meal
After the museum visit board our cruise boat that will take you on a 1.5 – 2 hour sightseeing tour on the Danube, complete with 4-course buffet lunch or dinner!
The river cruise will let you see marvelous sights such as
- the Chain Bridge,
- Buda Castle with the Royal Palace, Matthias Church and Fishermen’s Bastion,
- the Gellért Hill with the Gellért Bath in front of it
- Great Market Hall on the Pest side on the opposite side of the river and will give you a chance to rediscover the Parliament Building from a new perspective.
Enjoy a welcome drink upon boarding the boat and enjoy a diverse selection of freshly prepared mela fromt he buffet table,
Taste true Hungarian specialties such as
- Goulash soup,
- Chicken paprikash and
- Stuffed cabbage
You can also have international favourites, salads and vegetarian delicacies. Just don’t forget to leave some space for dessert either.
- Lunch cruise departure: every day at 14.00 (ends at 15.30)
- Evening Cruise & Dinner departure: every day at 19.00 (ends at 21.00)
Meeting point and time for both cruises:
- In the Danube Palace (Duna Palota, address: Zrínyi utca 5., Budapest 1051, 30 minutes the cruise starts. The historic stands next to the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, near the Basilica.
As a complimentary bonus to your ticket, you will receive free passes to two additional historic Danube ships as well with their own stunning exhibitions inside.
Board a 100-year old steamboat,
- the Kossuth Museum ship and the
- Gróf Széchenyi Event Boat, the single functioning
paddle wheeler in Budapest to satisfy your naval curiosities!Discover some of the most outstanding Hungarian ancients on an extraordinary adventure in Budapest!
Included Are (in the Boat tours):
- welcome drink (a glass of sparkling wine or orange juice)
- 4-course buffet meal with a glass of wine/beer or soft drink + a small bottle of mineral water
- + on the evening cruise: live music by a Gypsy orchestra.
TIP: Take a tour of the Parliament with the help of an expert guide and learn about the imposing building’s history. The tour can be combined with a river cruise or a 90-minute folklore performance.
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace.