Have a wonderful Christmas Eve cruise on the Danube and enjoy a four-course dinner, live music and festive atmosphere.
People in Hungary spend the Eve of 24. December with their family that kicks off the Christmas and New Year holiday. Budapest calms down for the next two days:
- Christmas Day on 25 December,and
- Boxing Day on 26. December.
Quick Links: Date & Time – Meeting Place – About the Venue /Európa Ship – Dress Code – Dinner Menu – Prices – Booking – More Programs
- Most restaurants, cafes, shops close in the afternoon on 24. December and stay closed over the next two days.
- Apart from some winter holiday concerts, there aren’t much things to do in the city on Christmas Eve so a boat excursion with festive dinner by candlelight offers a memorable and romantic program.
- The Danube banks are home to Budapest’s oldest and most famous landmarks from the imposing Parliament in Pest, to the Royal Palace in Buda Castle or the Gellért Hill.
- You can admire these sights and the captivating night city view on this 2-hour-long cruise.
- After dinner you can also enjoy the panorama from the open upper deck of the ship and snap photos to take home with you.
- Price is affordable and includes the 2-hour river tour, the warm buffet dinner of 4 courses with 2 drinks: a glass of Hungarian wine – you can swap it for a non-alcoholic drink – and a glass of mineral water (0.33 liter), authentic gypsy music by the renowned Hungaria Folk Orchestra.
There will be two cruises on Christmas Eve 2017, both with the same menu, itinerary and program:
- at 18.00 – 21.00, and
- at 21.00 – 23.00
The Európa is the largest event ship on the Danube in Budapest with 1 500 sqm space on 3 decks.
The interior is stylishly elegant a fitting venue for a special event or celebration. The upper deck and the panorama terrace each measure 320 – 320 sqm.
Photos of Európa Ship
We ask you to come to the hall of Duna Palota, in Zrínyi Street at No.5. The pale-yellow building is next to the Four Seasosn Hotel in a street leading straight to St. Stephen’s Basilica in district V.
- 17.30 for the program starting at 18.00 and
- 20. 30 for the cruise starting at 21.00
No special dress code is required. Guests usually are dressed casually elegant.
- Full price: 60 EUR/person
- Students: 53 EUR/person.
The simplest, quickest and safe way is to book your place online. You can pay through Paypal: either from your balance or using a bank card.
You can also pay without PayPal using your bank card or credit card.
After payment you’ll automatically receive an E-Ticket and all the instructions and details in e-mail. No need to queue for tickets just print and bring your ticket with you!
Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream
Alföld style goulash with small dumplings
Vegetable cream soup
Warm main courses
Mini stuffed cabbage
Traditional chicken leg „Paprikasch”
Roasted chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce
Spicy pork rib with thyme – mustard sauce
Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce
Garnishes & Vegetarian
Grilled polenta with feta cheese
Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-
Steamed jasmin rice with corn
Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
Italian pasta salad
Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
Somló style sponge cake
Dessert variations Európa style
Season fruit basket
1 Glass of wine (or juice) and 1 bottle of mineral water
TIP: Check out also our festive Cruise with Dinner and Music on Christmas Day, 25th December 2017.
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.