Every day at
- 14. 00 – 15.30
- 16.00 – 17.30 between 01. Apr- 30. Dec, except on 20. Aug and 24., 31. Dec
- 19.00 – 21.00 (except: 14. Feb, 20. Aug, and 24., 31. Dec), and
Meeting Place & Time: 30 minutes before the cruise starts in Duna Palota (Bp., Zríny utca 1051 near the Basilica)
Price: full price: 29 EUR/prs, student: 27,50 EUR/prs.
Pick-Up Drop Off Service
You can book a taxi transfer to the boarding point and back to your hotel after the program for plus 14 EUR.Note: If you book the cruise with taxi Pick-Up Drop Off please be at your hotel’s reception 1 hour before the tour starts.
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace (Zrínyi utca 5., district V. city centre).
Beers You Are Going To Taste
- Helmut – Bavarian-style Wheat beer: Alc: 5,1 %, IBU: 9, Malt: Pilsner, White Wheat, Carahell, HOP: Magnum
- Johnny Firpo – Blonde Ale: Alc: 4,8 %, IBU: 22,9, Malt: Pale Malt, HOP: Chinook, Mosaic
- Balatonvilágosi – German Pilsner: Alc: 5 %, IBU: 29, Malt: Pilsner, Carahell, HOP: Magnum, Hellertau Blanc
- Indian Summer – American IPA: Alc: 6,8 %, IBU: 70, Malt: Pale, Vienna, HOP: Magnum, Hellertau Blanc
- Charlie Firpo – Rye Ale: Alc: 5,1 %, IBU: 30, Malt: Pale Malt, Red Rye, HOP: Magnum, Cascade, Citra, Amarillo
- IPA Colada – Pineapple IPA: Alc: 7 %, IBU: 22,9, Malt: Pale Ale, HOP: Magnum, Chinook, Mosaic
- Additional 1 pint bottle of your choice of any of the above beers for FREE!
- After decades of drinking unimpressive beers mass produced by big companies (Dreher, Soproni Ászok), today the craft beer scene is rapidly evolving in Hungary and beer lovers can choose from a wide palette of artisan brews made by a handful inventive microbreweries.
- From spicey IPA-s, heavy porters, to lighter lagers or sweet fruit beers everyone will find something to her/his taste.
- Budapest has also seen a boom in craft beer bars (Léhűtő, Élesztő, Legenda, Kandalló Pub or Marionett in the Marriott Budapest Hotel) where the most popular microbrews are on tap along with the newest favourites.
- What’s more, the city hosts a couple of beer festivals each year if you cannot attend our beer cruise.
- The craft beer cruise gives you a quick but all-round picture about the world of Hungarian specialty beers. Combined with a 2-hour sightseeing excursion on the Danube where you get to see the marvelous World Heritage listed cityscape it’s a fulfilling and great-value program.
- Very good value for the money – for 27/25 EUR you can drink 5 x 100 ml top-quality beers + a 0,5 litre bottle of your choice of the any of the beers you sampled.
- Snacks – bread sticks, salted peanuts – live music by an award-winner gypsy orchestra, the river cruise are all included in the price.
- Type: Bavarian-style Wheat beer, A highly hopped, fruity, light unfiltered lager-type beer.
- Alcohol: 5,1%
- IBU: 9
- Available: in flip-top 0,5 L bottles, Price in shops: cc. 500 HUF
This is a refreshing German wheat beer with high carbonation level and a dry finish.
It is smooth on the swallow and displays unique notes of yeast with banana and clove, ending with hints of
The colour is beautiful hazy yellow.
Crowned with butter-like foam, the finish is intense but smooth on the swallow. Brings out flavours best when chilled to 4¬7 degrees Celsius.
- Type: blonde ale
- Alcohol: 4,8%
- IBU: 22,9
- Available: 0,5 L brown glass bottle , Price in shops: cc. 550-600 HUF
Blonde Ale is an American craft beer style produced by many microbreweries and pub breweries, especially by those that cannot brew lager beers.
This easily drinkable, malt-centred American craft beer often
displays interesting notes of fruit, hop or malt.
It is a well-balanced, pure and refreshing beer without any shrill flavours.
Johnny Firpo is an ideal companion to friendly conversations while italso matches our favourite character.
Highly recommended for summer evenings. A blondish, light unfiltered beer supplemented with American hop types, making it a perfect match for every occasion.
Johnny is the laid-back baby brother with a perfect aroma and a hop-based, full flavour dominated by notes of citrus and smooth on the swallow.
- Type: German Pilsner
- Alcohol: 5%
- IBU: 29
- Available: in flip-top 0,5 L bottles, Price in shops: cc. 600 HUF.
First brewed in Germany in the early 1870s, this beer gained popularity after World War 2 as German brewing schools began to emphasize modern technologies.
This is a classic, unfiltered light beer with a twist rendered by the application of Hellertau Blanc and Magnum hops.
With its usual golden yellow colour, it is a light, refreshing beer with an elegant flavour, easily offering a gateway to craft beers to everyone.
We recommend that you enjoy it on a lakeshore, a riverside or a beach, but it is equally refreshing in a city as we have added some summer sunshine in each bottle, too.
- Type: American-style IPA (AIPA)
- Alcohol: 6,5 %
- Available: in 0.33 L bottle, Price in shops: cc. 700 HUF
While historic accounts differ regarding the origins of IPA, most agree that what subsequently became the IPA was a pale ale created for transportation to India in the late 1700s and early 1800s.
The American IPA is a modern craft beer from the US, created by reinterpreting the historical English brewing style with American ingredients and brewing attitude.
“IPA” is intentionally not explained as “India Pale Ale”, as none of these beers travelled to India and many of them are not pale in colour.
Indian Summer has the distinction of winning the golden prize medal at the European Craft Beer Cup in January 2019. It is a classic West Coast IPA base d on its geographical origin in the USA.
It has a bronze, dark amber colour and a flavour with bitter hints of grapefruit and orange thanks to Cascade Hop that also renders a slightly
sweet, resinous finish at the end of the swallow.
- Type: rye ale
- Alcohol: 5,1%
- IBU: 30
- Available: in 0,33 L brown glass bottle, Price in shops: cc. 650 – 700 HUF
Charlie Firpo is an APA-based beer brewed from rye, an alternativeg rain and unusual brewing ingredient.
A striking flavour, the usual bitterness, all on a light malt basis…
Its characteristic aromas and remarkable flavours that show hints of rye are completed with an extra amount of non-traditional hop.
With a 5.1% alcohol level, this beer is going to be a major hit in the summer.
The colour is rye-brownish, the foam is long-lasting. Hedon’s flagship beer will soon become your favourite!
- Type: a light fruit beer made with 30 % black currant
- Alcohol: 3,3%
- Available: in 0,33 L brown glass bottle, Price in shops: cc. 650 HUF (rarely available)
A special IPA inspired by the New England Style that is very popular these days and is very different from the West Coast IPA style of
It relies more on the aroma of the hops and less on the overall bitterness.
The aroma Hops are the main the focus here. But it also boasts characteristics that set it apart from standard
We combined the intensely tropical fruity, hop-base with real pineapple purée to create a beer that relies on the fruity aroma ofits ingredients, with a multi-layered flavour characterised by lower bitterness and a medium bodied character.
Recommended to those who are curious about the fruity aroma of hop and find the tropical-pineapple flavour interesting.
They will not be disappointed, as they can reach a higher level of complexity through a carefully selected fruit pairing.
- The Főzdefeszt, the 1st craft beer festival in Hungary held twice a year: in June then in September usually in City Park. Főzdefeszt offers the widest offer in craft beers at one place with usually 50+ artisan brewers present. In addition to great beers you can have some of the tastiest street food during the festival.
- Belgian Beer Festival – Used to be at the Whale/Bálna Entertainment Centre gives home to this event usually in May or June.
- Czech Beer Festival – takes place in mid-summer, lots of Czech brews on tap with traditional Czech dishes and music.
- The Beer Festival in Downtown Budapest (June)
TIP: Combine craft beer tasting with a live blues concert show in the city’s most original bar, the Krak’n Steampunk Saloon located on the Grand Boulevard.
5 great microbrews, concert and optional dinner are included for a memorable evening.
If You Don’t Like Beer…
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.