Watch the biggest fireworks show of the year from a ship on the Danube!
The 20th of August is a national holiday in Hungary. We are celebrating the foundation of the state, and our first Christian king, St. Stephen. Also the holiday of the “new bread”. This is the biggest celebration in summer in Hungary!
There is no better viewing point for the fireworks than a boat on the river since it will be launched from the Gellért Hill and three bridges (Chain bridge, Erzsébet and Szabadság).
A buffet dinner of 4 courses and melodies played by the renowned Hungaria Orchestra makes the event complete.
Before the spectacular show starts you’ll be taken on a ….
Sightseeing Tour on the Danube with Buffet Dinner
Starts at 19.00
An air-conditioned ship takes you on a one and half hour sightseeing tour on the river Danube during which you can admire the wonderful vista of the Buda and Pest sides marked by:
- the Castle Hill,
- Gellért Hill,
- the Parliament, and
- the famous bridges of Budapest (Chain Bridge – (Széchenyi Lánchíd), Erzsébet Bridge-(Erzsébet híd), Liberty Bridge-(Szabadság híd).
During the fireworks the ship will be anchored providing guests an excellent viewing point from the upper deck.
Watch the brilliant display in style, and enjoy a welcome drink in complete comfort!
- 18:30 Meeting time
- 19:00 cruise starts, buffet dinner is served (see 5-course menu)
- 20:55 the ship will anchor before the fireworks start (ships aren’t allowed to sail during the show).
- 21:00 fireworks start
- 22:30 back to the pier (starting point).
Meeting Time & Place
- Cruise with Dinner & Open Bar: At 18.30, 20. August 2017, Sunday: Szilagyi Dezso Sqr. 1., Budapest 1011, District I., the Europa Ship/ Széchenyi Ship The dock is on the Buda side of the Danube.
GPS Coordinates: 47.503402, 19.040076 On Map
- Cruise with Open Bar or Cruise Only: SOLD OUT! At 18.30, 20. August 2017, Sunday, Dock No. 1, Carl Lutz rakpart 9., near Jászai Mari Square, Budapest 1138, District XIII. (Pest side, next to Margaret Bridge), GPS co-ordinates: 47.509, 19.062 at the Millennium Ships Millennium I., Millennium II., Halászbástya, Szentendre ships, On Map
Programs starts at 19.00.
- Fireworks Cruise with Dinner and Open Bar: 90 EUR – Limited Places!
- “SOLD OUT” Fireworks Cruise with Drinks Only (Open Bar): 60 EUR
- “SOLD OUT” Fireworks Cruise Only: 29 EUR.
Dinner Menu on the Fireworks Cruise
Dinner Menu on the Fireworks Cruise
Meaning of symbols: G: gluten-free, L: lactose-free, V: vegetarian
Spiced cottage cheese cream (G, V)
Pork Cracklings Paste/Tepertőkrém (G, L)(fried pork rind minced to paste, spiced with mustard, finely chopped onions, salt and ground black pepper)
Alföld style goulash soup with noodles (L)
From autumn to spring: vegetable cream soup (G, L, V)
Summer: chilled fruit soup (G, L, V)
Mini stuffed cabbage (G)
Traditional chicken paprikash
Roast chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce (G)
Spicy pork rib with thyme (G, L)
Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce (G)
Garnishes & Vegetarian:
Grilled polenta with feta cheese (V)
Grilled vegetables (G, L, V)
Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce (V)
Hash-brown potatoes (G, L, V)
Steak potatoes (G, L, V)
Fresh seasonal salads with dressing (G, V)
Italian pasta salad (L, V)
Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise (G, V)
Somló style sponge cake pudding
Dessert variations Európa style (G)
Seasonal and exotic Fruits (G, L, V)
1 glass of red or white wine (or beer or soft drink) + 1 bottle of water (0,33)
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.