A Detailed Tour of Jewish Budapest
This is the longer, more detailed tour we offer to explore the Old Jewish Quarter of Budapest. You will visit 3 synagogues, a museum and archives, the Tree of Life and other famous monuments.
During the 3,5 – 4 hrs your professional guide will tell
- the story of the Jewish community
- the history of the ghetto, pointing out
- famous as well as less-known landmarks in the area.
During your exploration you will see
- the Carl Lutz Memorial,
- the Rumbach Street Synagogue (exterior visit),
- walk along Király Street,
- see the Gozsdu Courtyard, that is the hub of the city’s orthodox Jewish community,
- as well as the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (interior visit).
At the end of the tour you can enjoy a cake and coffee in a kosher confectionery (included in the price).
Instead of a cake you can end the tour with a lunch at a 10 % discount in the Carmel restaurant (glatt kosher).
- Jewish Museum with local guiding
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue
- Martyrs’ Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial Park
- Raoul Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Rumbach Street Synagogue – (outside visit)
- Madách Square
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- Cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can have 10 % discount in the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant.
This tour gives you a well-rounded insight into the Jewish heritage and culture of Budapest.
TIP: See also our page about sights, bars and restaurants in Kazinczy Street one of the most vibrant areas in the district.
The Grand Jewish Budapest Tour lasts approx. 3,5 – 4 hours.
In front of the Great Synagogue in Dohany Street, Address: Dohány utca 2. Budapest, 1074
Getting there: M1 (Deák ér station), M2 (Astoria Station), M3 (Deák ér station) metro lines, tram 47, 49, buses: 9, 16, 105
- full price: 40 EUR,
- students: 36,50 EUR
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, at the Great Synagogue in Dohány utca 2., district VII.
- entry fee to the Jewish Museum
- entry to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- admission to the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- admisison to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit the Hungarian Jewish Archive and an audio-visual exhibition about the past of the Jewish Quarter in Budapest
- entrance fee to the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or 10% off your order at the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant
- professional guiding during the whole tour
Dates in 2018:
- 01. May – 31. October: Monday – Thursday at 10.00 and 14.00, Fridays at 10.00, Sundays: at 10.00, no tour on Saturdays
- 02 – 30. November: every day (exc. Saturday) at 10.00
Note: There are no tours on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. See availability in the calendar on top of the page!
TIP: See also our shorter Basic Jewish Budapest Tour – 2,5 – 3 hrs with guided interior visit of the Central Synagogue and a range of other sights.
We also offer private, tailor-made tours, available all year round: Private Small Jewish Tour (2 hr)
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.