Hungarians are passionate people and their folk dance and music clearly represent their emotions.
The best way to get acquainted with Hungarian culture is to visit the folk programs in Budapest performed by professional local ensembles:
- the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble,
- the Danube Folk Ensemble, and
- the Rajkó Folk Ensemble.
Program starts at 20:00, and consists of two 40 – 45-minute sessions, with a break in between.
The performances are held in the historic Danube Palace (Pest city centre, Zrínyi utca 5.)
Dates in 2017 – Danube Palace/Duna Palota, Zrínyi utca 5., Bp. 1051
- September: 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- October: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31
- November: 04, 11, 18, 25
- December: 02, 09, 16, 23, 26, 28, 29
Tickets in 4 Categories
Tickets are available in 3 seat categories (see seat map) + a VIP category.
Assigned seating. You will be assigned the best seats – in the category you’ve chosen – available at the time of purchase.
- 1. category: 36 EUR, student: 33 EUR
- 2. category: 32 EUR, student: 30 EUR
- 3. category: 23 EUR, student: 21 EUR
- VIP: 84 EUR:
VIP Ticket Includes (Pick-up from your hotel: at 18.30):
- private transfer to the venue,
- best seats in the theatre,
- private host to attend to you before the concert and in the intermission,
- small guided tour of the venue in English language, a professional photo,
- Hungarian souvenir, and
- a glass of sparkling wine
With Paypal or Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace.
Pick-Up Drop Off Service
You can book a taxi transfer to the concert venue and back to your hotel after the performance for plus 14 EUR.
Note: If you book the concert with taxi Pick-Up Drop Off please be at your hotel’s reception 1 hour before the performance starts.
VIP Ticket Pick-Up Time: at 18.30
TIP1: Folklore Show + Night Cruise & Dinner
You can also book the folk performance with a Danube night cruise with dinner (starts at 22.00).
Hostesses will accompany you to the ship after the folk program (cc. 4-5 min./200 m by walk).
Folk + Cruise Ticket
TIP2: Folk Show + Bath Ticket (Gellért, Széchenyi)
2 Programs-Save Money! You can also buy a no-queue, fast entry ticket to the Gellért and Széchenyi Baths, two of the most presitigious spa complexes of Budapest.
With your pre-paid ticket that comes with cabin use you can skip-the-line and enter the baths between 09.00 – 18.00 and stay till closing time. You can buy the tickets to the two programs for separate dates.
Folk + Bath Ticket
TIP: See also the Hungarian Dinner with a half-hour Folk Dance Performance in a first-class, city centre restaurant. Every Friday at 19.00.
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.