A medium-length exploration of Budapest’s Jewish monuments, historic and cultural heritage. An exclusive, small group tour lead by an experienced, professional guide.
Pick-up from your hotel (other accommodation) is included.
Why Go On A Private Tour?
The tour starts whenever you want it to and your guide will pick you up from your hotel/other type of accommodation. You can choose what to see or which destinations you want to skip from tour route.
Our guides will create the prefect experience, tailor-made for you.
This tour was created for those,
The essential tour is for those who would like to get an overview of the past and present of Hungarian Jewry. You will also get an understanding of differences between the main religious wings in Hungary.
Your English-speaking, professional guide will help you get acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry.
The tour is 2,5 hours long and only requires short walks. You will be focusing on the Dohány Street Synagogue and its immediate vicinity.
Dates: every day except for Saturdays and Jewish religious holidays. Starting time according your preferences, to be discussed on phone/in e-mail after booking.
Duration: 2,5 hours.
Meeting point: The reception of your accomodation, or in front of the Dohány Street Synagogue.
- 1. Deák Square – Gabor Sztehlo Monument
- 2. Madách Square – History of the Orczy House
- 3.Rumbach Street Synagogue outside visit
- 4. Jewish Museum with local guiding, where you can see a unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe, and the rich tradition of Judaism, its holidays and everyday life. A separate room is dedicated the Holocaust in Hungary.
- 5. Interior visit at the Dohány Street Synagogue which is the largest operating synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world.
- 6. Martyrs’ Cemetery
- 7. Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- 8. Emmanuel Tree of Life Holocaust Memorial
- 9. Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- 10. Jewish Center where you can visit the Family Research Center
- 1 person: 140 EUR,
- 2 persons: 160 EUR,
- 3 persons: 190 EUR,
- 4 persons: 220 EUR
- 5 or more persons: 55 EUR/prs
- professional guiding in English (or German, French, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian)
- pick-up from at your hotel or other accommodation
- ticket to the Jewish Museum
- entry fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entry ticket ot the Jewish Center & Archives
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to the guide at the meeting place: your hotel reception or at the Great Synagogue in Dohány utca 2., district VII. (if you choose to meet there).
Find out more about Jewish monuments and history in Budapest!
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.