The private small tour is ideal for people who want to experience the Hungarian Jewish culture and heritage in Budapest intimately.
Your tour guide will lead you through the most important parts of the Jewish district, focusing mainly on the Great Synagogue in Dohány Street and its neighbourhood.
See the route here.
This way you can have a conversation with a professional local guide about the country’s history and their personal experiences as well.
Why Go On A Private Tour?
The tour starts whenever you want it to. You can choose what to see or which destinations you want to skip from the tour routes.
Our guides will create the prefect experience, tailor-made for you.
The small tour is for those who want to get a fast, but still insightful look at the Jewish Quarter of Budapest.
The tour is 2 hours long and only requires short walks. You will be focusing on the Dohány Street Synagogue and its surroundings.
Dates: every day except for Saturdays and Jewish religious holidays. Starting time according your preferences, to be discussed on phone/in e-mail after booking.
Duration: 2 hours.
Meeting point: The reception of your accomodation, or in front of the Dohány Street Synagogue.
- 1. Jewish Museum with guiding, where you can see a unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe, and the rich tradition of Judaism, its holidays and everyday life. A separate room is dedicated the Holocaust in Hungary.
- 2. Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue which is the largest operating synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world.
- 3. Martyrs’ Cemetery
- 4. Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- 5. Emmanuel Tree of Life Holocaust Memorial
- 6. Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- 7. Jewish Center where you can visit the Family Research Center
- 1 person: 120 EUR,
- 2 persons: 140 EUR,
- 3 persons: 160 EUR,
- 4 persons: 180 EUR
- 5 or more persons: 45 EUR/prs.
- professional guiding in English (or German, French, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian)
- pick-up from at your hotel or other accommodation
- ticket to the Jewish Museum
- entry fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entry ticket ot the Jewish Center & Archives
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to the guide at the meeting place: your hotel reception or at the Great Synagogue in Dohány utca 2., district VII. (if you choose to meet there).
Learn more about Budapest’s Jewish heritage, sights and history!
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.