Heighten the experience of wine by tasting artisan chocolate made in a local manufacture in Etyek, a village located 25 km (40-45 mi drive) west of Budapest.
A nice side trip out of the busy city exquisite wines and gourmet delights!
Date & time: every day from 10.00 to 15.00, and 16.00 to 21.00 (in winter, from November till March: 15.00 – 20.00)
Quick Links: Program Details – Gingallo Chocolaterie – People in Etyek – Why Go?
- Departure from your hotel: at 10.00 or 16.00 (at 15.00 in winter from November till March)
- Visiting the Chocolaterie (Gingallo) – learning about local chocolate making, tasting.
- Visiting 2 or 3 cellars and tasting wines in the scenic vineyards
- Traditional Hungarian lunch or dinner at a wine estate with wine tasting (2-course homemade meal of main dish and dessert).
- Length of tour: 4.5 – 5 hours
- Transfer back to your hotel.
- Price: 80 EUR/person (morning tour: 10.00 – 14.00), or 90EUR/person (afternoon tour: 16.00 – 21.00)
- Reservation price: 10 % . Reservation from 2 persons.
- Group of more than 8 people please contact us.
Gingallo is located in the charming home of Viktória, the owner of the shop (address: Etyek Káposztáskert utca 23.).
She will let you in the secrets of:
- chocolate making, origins of various chocolates and cocoa beans (sourced from 5 regions),
- the mystery of the terroir,
- and suggest wine pairings to the various chocolates.
You can try your hands at making your own bonbons, tempering, flavour and decorate them to your liking, and of course taste and buy chocolate.
The flavours and selection include:
- dark chocolate with rosemary (53%)
- milk chocolate with strawberry and amaranth (39%)
- dark chocolate with orange (53%)
- bio chocolate from Peru (65%)
- white chocolate with elederflower and lemon
- chocolate lollipops
- gingerbread square – bonbon with cinnamon, ginger, clove and honey
- cherry-chili square bonbon
- cherry-raspberry bonbon and some more…
Viki truly loves her new-found craft and she will gladly share her passion and knowledge.
The Wine Cellars of Etyek
Etyek village is a community of warm-hearted people where everyone knows each other. They love their village and professions be it wine, chocolate making or some other craft.
They readily show the beauty of their homeland and offer the tastes of local food specialties fro visitors.
If you like some of the wines you tasted you can buy by the bottle at the cellars. A bottle costs around 1 500 – 2 500 HUF. You can pay in cash only.
If you’re curious about Hungarian wines and wine making traditions, the life in the countryside and you love to taste local food specialties this Wine & Gastro Adventure is for you.
Transfer from Budapest – and back in comfortable, air-conditioned car or van is included in the price. A professional, English-speaking guide will pick you up at the address you give us.
Everything is taken care of you just relax and enjoy:
- the wines,
- the fresh air,
- the rolling vineyards
- sample the handcrafted chocolates
- the hospitality of the locals
- the tasty food made by the chef at one of the estates in Etyek.
Terms of Reservation & Cancellation
Reservation must be made min. 2 days prior! Please print out the confirmation your receive in e-mail and take it with you to the wine tasting. Check your spam folder because confirmation e-mails sometimes land there!
Note: In case of a refunds the cost of transaction fee is borne by the purchaser.
See also our main page about Wine Tasting in Etyek.
More Wine Tasting Programs
- Taste Wines in the Faust Cellar Buda Castle – a historic cellar of medieval origins, private sommelier, 5 or 8 tier tastings. Premium quality Hungarian wines from Eger, Szekszárd, Tokaj
- Cultivini Wine Shop – a centrally located modern tasting room and shop with a large selection of wines and wine serving machines.
- Visit also our main page about Wine Tasting in Budapest!