Program Tips for a Romantic Day
Valentine’s day in Budapest (Bálint nap in Hungarian traditions) – we have some great romantic things to do ideas in store for you and your loved one to make 14th February a truly memorable day.
Valentine’s Day Accommodation Offers – TIP: Valentine’s Day Cruise with Dinner – Thermal Baths, Pampering Massages – Day Spas – TIP: Wine Tasting – Romantic Train Journey with Candlelit Dinner – Romantic Restaurants/Special Offers – TIP: Twentysix Garden
Romantic Boat Excursion with Dinner & Live Music
Explore the sights of Budapest on a romantic river tour at night.
You’ll also enjoy a four-course buffet dinner and live music (the talented Hungarian Folk Orchestra will play Hungarian/gypsy folk pieces).
TIP: You can also choose to do the program with wine tasting, without dinner.
You’ll be served 7 top-quality Hungarian wines, 8 cl of each:
- Tokaji Furmint Grand Selection
- Hilltop Premium Merlot
- Juhász Blue Frankish Rosé
- Bodri Szekszárdi Civilis Cuvée
- Bárdos Pincészet Pinot Grigio
- Tokaji Szamorodni Sweet
- Tokaji Aszu 3 Puttonyos
The program lasts 2 hours, starting at 19.00. Meeting place: at the ticket office of the Danube Palace at 5., Zrínyi utca, district V,. at 18.30 the latest.
- Welcome drink upon arrival (a glass of champagne or a shot of palinka or a glass of juice)
- 1 glass of wine (or juice) + 1 bottle of water (0,33) or soft drink
- Cruise with Craft Beer Tasting: 6 Hungarian craft beers: full price: 29 EUR, students: 27.50 EUR
- Cruise with Cocktails: 2 cocktails or 3 beers: full price: 26 EUR, students: 24 EUR
- Cruise with Drink: A glass of sparkling wine + another glass of drink of your choice (soft drink, beer, wine) full price: 22 EUR, students: 20 EUR
- Full price with dinner: 58 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 37 EUR/prs
- Students, with dinner: 56 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 34 EUR/prs.
You can’t go more romantic then taking your loved one on a sightseeing tour on the Danube, so don’t hesitate to book your place since tickets to this program sell out quickly.
If you’re celebrating Valentine’s in the Hungarian capital you’ll need a romantic hotel to stay at.
The cream-of-the-crop 5-star Budapest Hotels like the
- Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace,
- Anantara New York Palace Budapest Hotel (New York Palace),or the
- Corinthia Hotel offer exquisite accommodation for you and your date.
Some hotels have special Valentine’s Day Packages with romantic programs and services:
Aquincum Hotel Budapest – Valentine’s Day Offer
Address: Árpád fejedelem útja 94., district III.
The Aquincum Hotel is a fine wellness hotel located out of the centre in the Óbuda district (rich in historic and cultural sights, hidden attractions and museums, galleries.
It has everything for a romantic stay: lovely rooms, great food, a spa complex, friendly staff.
Their Wellness Relaxation in the Year’s Most Romantic Month package includes:
- Accommodation in a nice room
- A bottle of sparkling wine in the room
- Romantic dinner of 3 courses by candlelight in the hotel’s Ambrosia restaurant
- Access to the hotel’s spa centre (until 17.00 on day of departure)
- Rich buffet breakfast,
- Aromatherapy massage and tea for 2 (30 minutes)
- Access to the hotel’s Spa & Wellness Complex: swim pools, thermal pools, Kneipp pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, fitness room
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- VAT and local taxes are not included
- From cc. 120 EUR/2 persons/night. Minimum stay: 2 nights. Valid between 07 – 23. February 2020.
Corinthia Hotel Budapest – Romantic Package
Address: Erzsébet körút 43-49., district IV
The Corinthia Hotel is one of the top-rated 5-star hotels of the city located on Nagykörút.
A wonderful wellness hotel ideal for romantic couples and families with kids.
- 2 nights stay with a sumptuous buffet breakfast,
- ESPA Aromatherapy Massage for two (50 minutes)
- Romantic turndown
- Romantic 3-course dinner by candlelight (excluding beverages)
- Use of the hotel’s Royal Spa complex.
- From 345 EUR/double room/night (VAT and 4 % city tax are not incl.). See details and booking.
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus
Address: Erzsébet tér, district V.
This downtown hotel is an excellent choice for a romantic city break.
The location, Erzsébet Square, a small park with a couple of restaurants, bars, clubs, allows you to easily get to all the famous sights (St. Stephen’s Basilica, the Danube Promenade, Chain Bridge) by walk.
Their Romantic Getaway offer includes:
- Accommodation in a room or suite
- outstanding buffet breakfast in the hotel’s ÉS Bistro,
- a glass of sparkling wine, fruits, chocolate, flowers in the room,
- unlimited use of spa facilities: swimming pool, thermal bath, sauna, steam bath,
- use of the spa: heated pool, steam bath, Finnish sauna, aroma cabin, Fitness Club
- free Wi-Fi
- Not included: 18 % Vat and 4 % city tax
- From cc. 215 EUR/night. See details on the hotel’s website.
Aria Hotel – Love Me Tender Package
Address: Hercegprímás utca 5., distrcit V.
This new boutique hotel near St. Stephen’s Basilica offers a romantic 3 for 2 vacation.
You get a complimentary 3rd night for a 2-night booking with use of the Harmony Spa Fitness & Wellness Center complete with
- A 60-minute massage for two
- 3-course dinner by candlelight
- Rose Petal turndown and Bath Amenity upon arrival in a luxury room or suite
- Ticket to the Budapest Eye/Ferris Wheel
- Chocolate covered strawberries prepared in the room upon arrival, and
- A bottle of fine wine.
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Aria was voted the World’s Best Hotel 2017 by Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
A real romantic hotel designed along the theme of music right in the heart of the city. Included are also
- Breakfast each morning
- Afternoon Wine & Cheese Reception
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffee and Tea Service
- From 221 EUR/2 prs/night.
Find out more about the Aria Hotel Budapest.
TIP: more romantic Budapest Hotels perfect for a Valentine’s Day Vacation. See also our selection of other top wellness hotels.
Splashing in the Thermal Baths, A Choice of Pampering Massages
It is still winter in Hungary in the middle of February so a dip in the hot thermal pools of bath will be a real treat on Valentine’s Day.
I recommend either the Gellért Bath or the Széchenyi Bath because these two have the best facilities and wonderful architecture.
They also offer a range of massages and other spa and wellness treatments to make you feel invigorated on this cold winter day.
Day Spas in Budapest – Pamper Your Loved One
You can also indulge in a day spa if you prefer more privacy to the clatter of public baths.Here some day spas in the city center.
They offer all sorts of massage and beauty treatments (Western and Oriental), steam baths, Turkish baths, exotic showers, saunas, and various cosmetic treatments.
Most of them have special offers for couples which is ideal for a romantic program on Valentine’s Day.
Prices in a day spa vary: a simple massage or beauty treatment starts from 3 000 – 5 000 HUF while other services can cost 10 000 – 25 000 HUF.
Magnolia Day Spa
Address: Zoltán utca 3., district V., M2 (red) metro, tram 2, bus 15, Kossuth tér station
Open: Mon – Sun 09.00 – 21.00
A wide range of treatments and romantic packages for couples are available throughout February.
A series of exotic treatments are offered for total physical and mental rejuvenation.
Mandala Day Spa
Address: Ipoly utca 8., district XIII.
Open: Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 22.00
In the city’s first day spa 20 types of body massages and 30 types of facial and other beauty treatments are available.
They offer special romantic packages for couples like a 60 minute classic massage with either nourishing shea butter, luxurious moisturizing cream or coconut oil aromatherapy.
A glass of fine champagne from the Kreinbacher estate and Ferrero chocolate surprise are also part of the offer: an ideal program to pamper your date on Valentine’s.
Wine Tour to Etyek Village
Take a trip to the charming wine village of Etyek, 20 km north of Budapest and explore the wineyards and cellars, sample fine local wines and Hungarian food!
Transfer from Budapest and back, expert guiding in English are included in the price.
TIP: Find out more about the popular Wine Tour In Etyek village with lunch/dinner program!
Romantic Train Journey with Candlelit Dinner
A three-course menu (meat-lovers’ and vegetarian versions) accompanied by delicious wines by candlelight, live piano music in a vintage train car is a fantastic Valentine day evening program.
The luxury train departs from Nyugati Train Station at 18.50 on 14th February 2020 and will take you
- to Nagymaros a town in the Danube Bend, 50 km from Budapest, then
- back to Nyugati Train Station in the capital.
The dinner will be served in the charming dining car of the train.
You can choose from two menu options: one is for meat lovers the other for vegetarians.
A sommelier will serve wines matching the menu, but there will be also soft drinks, fruit juices, mineral water and coffee.
Live piano music will also be played. The program is 3 hours long
Price Of The Romantic Valentine Day Train Trip:
- In a standard dining car: 21 990 HUF/person
- A train journey to Nagymaros town and back to Budapest
- 5-course dinner served during the journey (3 menu options including vegetarian),
- Drinks (welcome drink, wines, fruits juices, soda drinks, coffee/tea, mineral water).
- 18.25 – 18.50 Registration at Budapest-Nyugati railway station, receiving the boarding passes, welcome drink
- 18:55 Departure of the Candle-lit Express. Starter and main course will be served on the way in the dining cars.
- 20.30 – 21.30 Music program in the bar car.
- 21:50 Arrival to Budapest Nyugati railway station – Farewell
- MÁV Nosztalgia Ticket Office – Nyugati salespoint
- Address: Teréz krt. 55., Bp., 1067, Nyugati Railway Station next to platform 10.
See more at the organiser’s, MÁV Nosztalgia, website
Restaurants With Special Valentine’s Day Offer
NEW: Twentysix Budapest – A Garden/Shop/Cafe/Bar/Restaurant & Yoga Studio
Address: Király utca 26., Bp. 1061, district VI.
Twentysix is Budapest’s latest hot spot with a gourmet deli shop, cafe, restaurant, yoga studio and a luscious garden.
The around 500 plants in the garden thrive best at 26 degrees Celsius so the name refers not only to the address but this fact.
The restaurant and bar located in the green oasis are perfect venue for a romantic date.
The menu allows guests to share in mezze style, so they can sample what they like: hummus and other plantbased sauces with sweet potato, roasted cauliflower etc.
These cost 1 200 – 2 390 HUF.
There also soups, main dishes, salads and really delightful sweets too.
The wine, liqueur, spirit and cockatils list is also extensive.
The shop sells all sorts of bakery goods – made on spot – olives, cheeses, bar snacks, wines and of course coffee.
The Studio is home to
- deep work,
- pilates, and
- a new fitness class: drum work.
Valentine’s Day Dinner in ARAZ Restaurant, 14. February, 19.00
Address: Dohány utca 42-44., district VII., trams 4, 6 or M2/red metro Blaha Lujza tér stop
Reservation: Tel: +(36 1) 815 1100
This fine restaurant located in Continental Hotel Budapest in the vicinity of the Central Synagogue welcomes everyone with a sumptuous four-course dinner on Valentine’s Day.
Easily accessible by public transport, professional service, elegant setting – very good value for the price.
Welcome drink: Love Potion Martini
Romantic Dinner Menu:
- oyster and prosecco
- Beetroot, avocado, pickled salmon, honey, double sour cream
- Asparagus, cinnamon, cashew, truffle
- Roast with pink pepper, sweet potato, cardamom, grapes
- Rose pepper grate, Dark chocolate, rose ice cream, pistachio, pomegranate
You can also treat yourself to handcrafted bonbons and chocolate fountain in the Sweet Love Corner during the evening.
Price: 14 990 HUF + 10 % service charge.
More Romantic Restaurants for a Valentine’s Day Eating Out
The most obvious way to dazzle your partner on Valentine’s day is taking her to a romantic restaurant.
Budapest has some very good first-class restaurants some of them are proud owners of a Michelin star (Costes and Onyx).
Any of the fine Italian Budapest restaurants (Fausto’s, Krízia) is a perfect choice for a romantic dinner.
If you opt for local cuisine there are several elegant Hungarian Restaurants too choose from as well.
No one does romance better than the French so my pick would be a French-themed restaurant in Buda: Pavillon de Paris.
They have excellent food, great wines, friendly service and a fairy-tale like garden to be enjoyed in summer.
Find more program tips for February in Budapest!