Jewish Grand Tour Budapest (3,5-4 hours)
You will visit the Dohány Street Synagogue, the Jewish Museum, the Holocaust Cemetery, the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park and the Tree of Life.
During your exploration of the former ghetto district you will see
- the Carl Lutz Memorial,
- the Rumbach Street Synagogue (exterior visit),
- walk along Király Street,
- see the Gozsdu Courtyard, that is the hub of the city’s orthodox Jewish community,
- as well as the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (interior visit).
At the end of the tour you can enjoy a cake and coffee in a kosher confectionery (included in the price).
You can choose this tour with a lunch instead of coffee, in this case you’ll get a 10 % discount from your lunch price in the Carmel restaurant.
- Sztehlo Gábor Monument (meeting point of the tour)
- Rumbach street Synagogue (outside visit)
- Jewish Museum with local guiding
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue
- Martyrs’ Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial Park
- Raoul Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Rumbach Street Synagogue – (outside visit)
- Madách Square
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- Cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can have 10 % discount in the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant.
Price: full price: 38 EUR, Students: 35 EUR
- entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- entrance fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entrance fee to the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- entrance fee to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit the Hungarian Jewish Archiv and an audio-visual exhibition about the past of the Jewish Quarter in Budapest
- entrance fee to the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or 10% off your order at the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant
- professional guiding during the whole tour
Dates in 2017:
- 01. May – 31. October 20167.: Monday to Thursday at 10.00 and 14.00, on Fridays at 10.00, Friday and Sunday: at 10.00, no tour on Saturdays
- 02-30. November 2017.: everyday (exc. Saturday) at 10.00
Note: There are no tours on Jewish holidays: May: 30, 31, June: 01, September: 20, 21, 22, October: 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 23
Prices: 38 EUR, students: 35 EUR.