Most Popular Lidos, Aquaparks
Summer tends to be scorching hot in Budapest.
Especially in the city centre where the building walls, roads and pavements preserve the heat and do not cool down during the night as much as green areas do.
The best way to while away a sultry afternoon is in one of the
- several waterparks,
- outdoor pools and baths in Budapest (called strand in Hungarian).
Note: Opening hours and prices are updated for 2018.Quick Links: Palatinus – Széchenyi – Gellért – Római Lido – Aquaworld – Pünkösdfürdő Bath – Paskál Bath – Csillaghegyi Bath – Beaches Out of the City Centre
Save on Entry Ticket with Budapest Card
The city card comes in 5 durations (24h, 48h, 72h, 96h and 120h) + a 72 -hour card for children between the ages 6 -18 years.
- Lots of benefits including
- free use of public transport
- and 20 – 30 % disocunts to several baths, lidos (Palatinus, Római, FREE entry to Lukács Spa)
Buy the Card Online with Free Delivery to Your Hotel/Apt.
- Nearly all children pools got new slides, and parks and facilities have been renewed at most places.
- Summer night parties in the Széchenyi bath on Saturday nights with different style of music each time: funky, soul, R & B, house, dance floor jazz.
- Most outdoor baths open around the end of May/beginning of June and stay open till mid-September if the weather is nice.
Some beaches open on 1st May, the others open their gates during May depending on the weather. Beaches stay open throughout the summer until end of August or mid-September.
The Budapest Spas & Hot Springs Inc. operates
- 15 baths with 102 pools, out of which
- 5 are seasonal beaches.
One of the Largest Pool Complexes of Budapest and the Most Beautiful
Address: Margaret Island,
Getting there: tram 4, 6 Margaret Island stop
Opening hours 2018:
- every day 08.00 – 20.00, outdoor pools operate from 28. April 2018.
Adults (full-day tickets with locker use):
- workdays: 2 400 HUF,
- weekends & holidays: 2 800 HUF,
- Afternoon ticket (workdays only) from 17.00: 2 000 HUF
Discount Tickets (students, seniors):
- workdays: 2 000 HUF,
- weekends & holidays: 2 300 HUF.
- 1 adult + 2 kids: workdays: 4 400 HUF, weekends & holidays: 5 100 HUF,
- 2 adults + 2 kids: workdays: 6 800 HUF, weekends & holidays: 7 900 HUF
Budapest Card holders get a 20 % discount on entry tickets.
Natural springs of the island feed the 11 pools:
- thermal pools,
- a pool with wave bath,
- pools with other fun elements,
- two pools for children
Address: Állatkerti Körút 11., City Park, district XIV.
Getting there: M1 underground/yellow line: Széchenyi fürdő stop, trolley bus 72
- swimming pool, outdoor & thermal pools: Mon – Sun: 06.00 – 22.00,
- drinking hall: Mon – Sat: 09.00 – 17.00 (closed on Sunday)
- All-day ticket with cabin use: on workdays: 5 700 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 900 HUF.
- All-day ticket with locker use: on workdays: 5 200 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 400 HUF.
- Morning swimming ticket with cabin on workdays: 5 400 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 600 HUF, with locker: workdays: 4 900 HUF, holidays-weekends: 5 100 HUF
- Evening swimming ticket with cabin on workdays (from 19.00): 5 400 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 600, with locker: workdays: 4 900 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 100 HUF
Buy Ticket to the Széchenyi Spa (No-Queue, Fast Entry)
The Széchenyi Spa complex has altogether 21 pools. The large outdoor section, with 2 pools and a 50 m swimming pool, is open all year.
It also has several thermal pools fed by a 76 °C natural spring water that comes from 1246 m depth.
Besides the healing benefits of the water, you can enjoy a range of treatments and wellness services.
The bath boasts splendid architecture and looks back to more than a century history. (It opened in 1913.)
Address: Kelenhegyi út 4., district XI., Buda,
Getting there: trams 47, 49, 18, M4 metro (green line)
Opening hours 2018:
- indoor section: every day: 06.00 – 20.00,
- the outdoor pools are open from 30. March (without wave service, that will operated from 28. April):
- sun desk: open for guests from 08. April
- full-day ticket with cabin use on weekdays: 6 000 HUF, on weekends: 6 200 HUF, with locker use on weekdays: 5 600 HUF, on weekends: 5 800 HUF
- free for kids under 2 years of age, the thermal pools are not recommended for children under 14.
- 20 % discount with BP. Card.
The grand Gellért Bath also has 3 outdoor pools including one for children and one with wave function in summer season.
Buy Ticket to the Gellért Spa (No-Queue, Fast Entry)
Address: Íves utca 16., Budapest 1044., district IV.
Getting there: by Bus No. 230 that departs hourly from Keleti Railway Station, see schedule
Opening Hours: every day: 06.00 – 22.00 (pools close at 21.30), slides and the elements of the leisure pool operate from 10.00
All tickets include locker use.
- Adults: 3 -hour ticket: 4 290 HUF, all-day: 6 390 HUF
- Students, seniors: 3-hour ticket: 3 590 HUF, all-day: 5 190 HUF
- Children aged 3 -14 yrs: 3 -hour ticket: 2 290 HUF, all-day: 2 990 HUF, FREE for kids under 3 yrs
- Family tickets are available in various options between 10 690 – 15 690 HUF.
The Aquaworld is one of Central Europe’s biggest water park and resort with an onsite 4-star hotel.
- 2 large indoor activity pools (water temp: 32 – 34°C),
- a wave pool evoking the atmosphere of a sandy beach (wave function is turned on hourly)
- children pool (30°C), water depth: 0 – 90 cm
- an all-year outdoor pool (32°C)
- outdoor children’s pool
Address: Rozgonyi Piroska 2., district III.
Getting there: buses 34, 106 and by by suburban railway from Batthyány tér
Open: every day: 09.00 – 20.00 (27. May – 02. September 2018, depending on the weather), cashier closes 1 hour before closing time
The Romans had already gained their water supply from the area in the 2nd and 3rd centuries, but they surely didn’t enjoy the neck shower, an effervescent facility and other amenities that you can today at the Római Beach.
The 2000-year old ruins of their settlement named Aquincum can be seen in the nearby Aquincum Museum.
- 20 % discount for Budapest Card Holders.
- Tickets for adults (locker use): workdays (for all day) 2 400 HUF, weekends-holidays: 2 700 HUF
Discount afternoon ticket ( from 16.00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 1 800 HUF
- Discount Wednesdays: 1 800 HUF
- Children and Senior Citizens (all-day tickets with locker use): workdays: 1 800 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 900 HUF
- Family ticket: 1 adult + 2 kids: workdays: 4 200 HUF, weekends-holidays: 4 600 HUF, 2 adults + 2 kids: workdays: 6 600 HUF, weekends-holidays: 7 300 HUF
- Cabin rental: 600 HUF
Address: Pusztakúti út 2-6., district III.,
Getting There: bus 42, suburban railway to Szentendre from Batthyány tér.
Opening Hours 2018:
26. May – Beginning of September: every day: 06.00 – 20.00, cashier closes 1 hour before colsing times.
- Adults: Day-ticket with locker use: 1 900 HUF, Discount entry on Wednesdays: 1 400 HUF,
- Swimming ticket for 2 hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays between 06.00 – 08.00 (Deposit: 600 Ft) 1 300 HUF
- Swimming ticket with 10-min massage on Wednesdays between 06.00 – 08.00: 1 300 HUF
- Afternoon swim ticket on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays from 17.00: 1 500 HUF
- Free for children under 6.
Csillaghegy Bath and Swimming Pool has been operating since the second half of the 19th century.
The pools have been built into the side of the hill in a terraced form.
- On the first level are the swimming pool and the leisure pool while
- on the upper level the children’s pool welcome the young water lovers while their parents can get a nice tan on the sun terrace.
Pools are filled with natural mineral water with high calcium-magnesium-hydrogen-carbonate content.
Pools at Csillaghegy
- Leisure pool: 21 – 22 °C, depth: 1,45 – 1,95 m, surface: 782 sqm
- Children pool: 22 °C, depth: 0,25 – 0,6 m, surface: 113 sqm
- Swimming pool: summer: 21 – 22 °C, winter: 25 – 26 °C
Address: Egressy út 178/f, district XIV.
Getting there: trolley buses 77, 82
Open: from 28. April 2018, every day: 06.00 – 20.00
- weekdays: adults: 2 400 HUF, children, students & seniors: 2 000 HUF,
- weekends-holidays: adults: 2 600 HUF, children, students & seniors: 2 200 HUF
- weekdays: 2 adults + 2 kids: 6 800 HUF, 2 adults + 1 kid): 4 400 HUF
- weekends-holidays: 2 adults + 2 kids: 6 800 HUF, 2 adults + 1 kid): 4 800 HUF
Free for children under 3 years of age.
Hot spring water containing calcium-, magnesium-hydrogen-carbonate and chloride, also sodium ions feeds the bath units of Paskál.
Though it’s a bit out of the city centre, the large park around the Paskál bath is worth the trouble of getting there.
What’s more, it’s been turned into an all-year bath with a new bath building with 6 indoor pools:
- thermal pool (38 °C)
- plunge pool with thermal water (42 °C),
- plunge pool with cold water (16 °C),
- leisure pool with aquabar ((36 °C, indoor and outdoor sections)
- training pool (32 °C) and
- a children pool (32 °C)
There is also sauna park that has a unique geothermal sauna.
- leisure pool (32 – 36 °C) only in summer season)
- a 33 m swimming pool (26 °C)
- children pool (32 °C)
Address: Királyok útja 272., district III.,
Getting there: buses 34, 145 and 146 or by suburban railway to Szentendre from Batthyány tér
Opening hours 2018:
02. June – 02. September: workdays: 09.00 – 19.00, weekends, holidays: 08.00 – 20.00
The beach is at the Danube bank in Buda within a beautiful, landscaped environment where 3 pools welcome both young and old.
- Adults (locker use): 1 900 HUF,
- Discount afternoon ticket ( from 16.00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 1 400 HUF
- Children and Senior Citizens: 1 500 HUF, free for children under 3 years of age.
- Discount Wednesdays: 1 400 HUF
- Family ticket: 1 adult + 2 kids: 3 400 HUF, 2 adults + 2 kids: 5 300 HUF
- Cabin rental: 600 HUF
Outdoor Baths in Budapest’s Suburban Districts
Address: Hollandi út 14., district XXI.,
Take the suburban railway from Boráros tér and get off at Szent Imre tér in Csepel, then take bus 71
Open: 06.00 – 20.00 every day
This is a quite large beach right on the banks of the Small Danube, with one thermal pool, kids’ pool, a leisure pool and a swimming pool.
- Adult tickets (all-day with locker use): workdays: 1 400 HUF,
- Weekends-Holidays: 1 600 HUF
- Students and senior citizens (all-day ticket with locker use): workdays: 1 100 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 300 HUF
- children over 3 yrs of age: workdays: 600 HUF, wekekends-holidays: 700 HUF
- entrance is free for children under 3 yrs:
See also our Budapest baths page.