Most Popular Lidos, Waterparks – Fun & Refreshing
Summer tends to be scorching hot in Budapest, especially in the city centre where the building walls, roads and pavements preserve the heat and do not cool down during the night as much as green areas do.
The best way to while away a sultry afternoon is in one of the several waterparks, outdoor pools and baths in Budapest (called strand in Hungarian).Note: Opening hours and prices are updated for 2017. Quick Links: Most Popular Outdoor Baths: Palatinus – Széchenyi – Gellért – Római Lido – Pünkösdfürdő Bath – Paskál Bath – Csillaghegyi Bath – Beaches Out of the City Centre
Opening of Outdoor Baths in 2017
- The Csillaghegyi Bath opens on 27. May,
- the Római and Pünkösdfürdő Lidos on 28. May,
- the Palatinus on 03. June.
Save on Entry Ticket with Budapest Card
The city card comes in 5 durations (24h, 48h, 72h, 96h and 120h) + a 72 -hour card for children between the ages – 6 -18 years. Lots of benefits including free use of public transport and 20 – 30 % disocunts to several baths, lidos (Palatinus, Római, FREE entry to Lukács Spa)
Buy the Card Online with Airport Collection/Free Delivery to Your Hotel
- The Dagály bath closed down on 18. September 2016. due to the construction of a new swimming complex for the 2017 FINA World Championship.
- Nearly all children pools got new slides, and parks and facilities have been renewed at most places.
- Summer night parties in the Széchenyi bath on Saturday nights with different style of music each time: funky, soul, R & B, house, dance floor jazz.
- Most outdoor baths open around the end of May/beginning of June and stay open till mid-September if the weather is nice.
Some beaches open on 1st May, the others open their gates during May depending on the weather. Beaches stay open throughout the summer until end of August or mid-September.
The Budapest Spas & Hot Springs Inc. operates 15 baths with 102 pools, out of which 5 are seasonal beaches.
Most beaches have been refurbished recently, and during the works, equipment necessary for providing perfect water quality was built in.
One of the Largest Pool Complexes of Budapest and the Most Beautiful
Address: Margaret Island, tram 4, 6 Margaret Island stop
Opening hours 2017:
- 03. June – cc. end of June: 09.00 – 19.00 every day, slides and adventure elements: 09.00 – 18.30 every day
- end of June till 20. August: 09.00 – 20.00 every day,
- from 21. August till cc. mid-September: 09.00 – 19.00 every day
- Adults (full-day tickets with locker use): workdays: 2 800 HUF, weekends & holidays: 3 200 HUF, Afternoon ticket (Monday-Thursday) from 16.00: 2 100 HUF
- Discount Tickets (students, seniors): workdays: 2 100 HUF, weekends & holidays: 2 300 HUF,
- Family tickets (weekdays): 1 adult + 2 kids: workdays: 5 200 HUF, weekends & holidays: 6 000 HUF, 2 adults + 2 kids: workdays: 7 100 HUF, weekends & holidays: 8 100 HUF
Budapest Card holders get a 20 % discount on entry tickets.
Natural springs of the island feed the 11 pools:
- thermal pools,
- a pool with wave bath,
- pools with other fun elements,
- two pools for children
Address: Állatkerti Körút 11., City Park, district XIV., M1 underground/yellow line: Széchenyi fürdő stop, trolley bus 72
Open: swimming pool, outdoor & thermal pools: Mon-Sun: 6.00-22.00, drinking hall: Mon-Sat: 09.00-19.00 (closed on Sunday)
- All-day ticket with cabin use: on workdays: 5 200 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 400 HUF.
- All-day ticket with locker use: on workdays: 4 700 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 4 900 HUF.
- Morning swimming ticket with cabin on workdays: 4 900 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 100 HUF, with locker: workdays: 4 400 HUF, holidays-weekends: 4 600 HUF
- Afternoon swimming ticket with cabin on workdays: 4 900 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 5 100, with locker: workdays: 4 400 HUF, on weekends-holidays: 4 600 HUF
Buy Ticket to the Szécheenyi Spa (No-Queue, Fast Entry)
The Széchenyi Spa complex has altogether 21 pools. The large outdoor section, with 2 pools and a 50 m swimming pool, is open all year.
It also has several thermal pools fed by a 76 °C natural spring water that comes from 1246 m depth.
Besides the healing benefits of the water you can enjoy a range of treatments and wellness services.
The bath boasts splendid architecture and looks back to more than a century history. (It opened in 1913.)
Address: Kelenhegyi út 4., district XI., Buda, trams 47, 49, 18
Opening hours 2017:
- indoor section: every day: 6.00-20.00,
- the outdoor pools are open from 13. April (without wave service, that will operated from 29. April):
- sun desk: open for guests from 08. April
- full-day ticket with cabin use on weekdays: 5 500 HUF, on weekends: 5 700 HUF, with locker use on weekdays: 5 100 HUF, on weekends: 5 300 HUF
- free for kids under 2 years of age, the thermal pools are not recommended for children under 14.
- 20 % discount with BP. Card.
The grand Gellért Bath also has 3 outdoor pools including one for children and one with wave function in summer season.
Buy Ticket to the Gellért Spa (No-Queue, Fast Entry)
Address: Rozgonyi Piroska 2., district III., buses 34, 106 and by by suburban railway from Batthyány tér
Open: every day: 9.00 – 20.00 (28. May – 03. September 2017, depending on the weather), cashier closes 1 hour before closing time
The Romans had already gained their water supply from the area in the 2nd and 3rd centuries, but they surely didn’t enjoy the neck shower, an effervescent facility and other amenities that you can today at the Római Beach.
The 2000-year old ruins of their settlement named Aquincum can be seen in the nearby Aquincum Museum.
- 20 % discount for Budapest Card Holders.
- Tickets for adults (locker use): workdays (for all day) 2 400 HUF, weekends-holidays: 2 700 HUF
Discount afternoon ticket ( from 16.00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 1 800 HUF
- Discount Wednesdays: 1 800 HUF
- Children and Senior Citizens (all-day tickets with locker use): workdays: 1 800 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 900 HUF
- Family ticket: 1 adult + 2 kids: workdays: 4 800 HUF, weekends-holidays: 5 400 HUF, 2 adults + 2 kids: workdays: 6 600 HUF, weekends-holidays: 7 300 HUF
- Cabin rental: 600 HUF
Address: Pusztakúti út 2-6., district III., bus 42, suburban railway to Szentendre from Batthyány tér.
Opening Hours 2017: 27. May – Beginning of September: every day: 06.00 – 20.00, cashier closes 1 hour before colsing times. Monday: closed
- Adults: Day-ticket with locker use: 1 800 HUF, Discount entry on Wednesdays: 1 300 HUF,
- Swimming ticket for 2 hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays between 06.00 – 08.00 (Deposit: 600 Ft) 1 200 HUF
- Swimming ticket for 3 hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 17.00 and 20.00
- Free for children under 6.
Csillaghegy Bath and Swimming Pool has been operating since the second half of the 19th century.
The pools have been built into the side of the hill in a terraced form: on the first level are the swimming pool and the leisure pool while on the upper level the children’s pool welcome the young water lovers while their parents can get a nice tan on the sun terrace.
Pools are filled with natural mineral water with high calcium-magnesium-hydrogen-carbonate content.
Pools at Csillaghegy
- Leisure pool: 21 – 22 °C, depth: 1,45 – 1,95 m, surface: 782 sqm
- Children pool: 22 °C, depth: 0,25 – 0,6 m, surface: 113 sqm
- Swimming pool: summer: 21 – 22 °C, winter: 25 – 26 °C
Dagály Thermal Baths, Lido and Swimming Pool – Closed for Good on 18. Sept 2016.
Address: Népfürdő utca 36., district XIII., at the Pest bridgehead of Árpáf Bridge
Getting There: by M3/blue metro: Forgách utca station, tram 1: Népfürdő u.-Árpád híd stop, buses No. 15 and 115:stops at the bath
Open: every day 6.00-20.00, till September 18. 2016., the children pool for small kids is closed!
- Adults (all-day ticket with locker use): workdays: 2 000 HUF, Discount day: on Wednesdays: 1 600 HUF, weekends-holidays: 2 400 HUF
- Afternoon ticket from 16.00 on Mon-Tue-Thurs: 1 600 HUF
- Children (ages: 3-14) and Senior Citizens (with locker use): 1 700 HUF, Discount day: on Wednesdays: 1 600 HUF, Free for children under 3 years.
The Dagály Beach on the Danube bank near Árpád Bridge, has 10 different pools including
- 2 thermal pools,
- 2 swimming pools,
- a splashing pool for the little ones,
- a pool for bigger kids,
- a swimming instruction pool,
- an adventure pool.
The fancy pool heightens your bathing experience with several fun elements:
- a whirling corridor,
- an effervescent bed,
- a whirlpool
- neck showers, and
The surrounding park and the fresh air also help you relax.
Address: Egressy út 178/f, district XIV., trolley buses 77, 82
Open: every day: 06.00 – 20.00
- weekdays: adults: 2 200 HUF, children, students & seniors: 1 800 HUF,
- weekends-holidays: adults: 2 400 HUF, children, students & seniors: 2 000 HUF
- weekdays: 2 adults + 2 kids: 6 200 HUF, 2 adults + 1 kid): 4 400 HUF
- weekends-holidays: 2 adults + 2 kids: 6 800 HUF, 2 adults + 1 kid): 4 800 HUF
Free for children under 3 years of age.
Hot spring water containing calcium-, magnesium-hydrogen-carbonate and chloride, also sodium ions feeds the bath units of Paskál.
Though it’s a bit out of the city centre the large park around the Paskál bath is worth the trouble of getting there.
What’s more it’s been turned into an all-year bath with a new bath building with 6 indoor pools:
- thermal pool (38 °C)
- plunge pool with thermal water (42 °C),
- plunge pool with cold water (16 °C),
- leisure pool with aquabar ((36 °C, indoor and outdoor sections)
- training pool (32 °C) and
- a children pool (32 °C)
There is also sauna park that has a unique geothermal sauna.
- leisure pool (32 – 36 °C) only in summer season)
- a 33 m swimming pool (26 °C)
- children pool (32 °C)
Address: Királyok útja 272., district III., buses 34, 145 and 146 or by suburban railway to Szentendre from Batthyány tér
Opening hours 2017: 03. June – 03. September: every day: 9.00-19.00
The beach is at the Danube bank in Buda within a beautiful, landscaped environment where 3 pools welcome both young and old.
- Adults (locker use): workdays (for all day) 1 900 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 900 HUF
Discount afternoon ticket ( from 16.00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday): 1 400 HUF
- Children and Senior Citizens: workdays: 1 400 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 500 HUF, free for children under 3 years of age.
- Discount Wednesdays: 1 400 HUF
- Family ticket: 1 adult + 2 kids: workdays: 3 600 HUF, weekends-holidays: 3 780 HUF, 2 adults + 2 kids: workdays: 5 000 HUF, weekends-holidays: 5 300 HUF
- Cabin rental: 500 HUF
Address: Hollandi út 14., district XXI., take the suburban railway from Boráros tér and get off at Szent Imre tér in Csepel, then take bus 71
Open: 6.00-20.00 every day all the year round
- Adult tickets (all-day with locker use): workdays: 1 100 HUF,
- Weekends-Holidays: 1 300 HUF
- Students and senior citizens (all-day ticket with locker use: workdays: 900 HUF, weekends-holidays: 1 100 HUF
- entrance is free for children over 3: workdays: 450 HUF, wekeknds-holidays: 550 HUF
Some of the medicinal baths are undergoing lengthy remodeling project, see details on our Budapest baths page.