Who Can Use the 72-Hour Junior Budapest Card?
The tourist card is valid for one 6 – 18 years old child for 72 hours. Under 6 years of age public transport and entry to most museums, sights are free.
Free Delivery to Your Hotel/Apartman
Your card will be delivered to your hotel or apartment in Budapest.
Please add your hotel/apartment name and address in the required filed when buying the card.
Validity of the Card
The card is valid for one junior person aged 6 – 18 years for 72 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
You also have to fill in the month/day/hour fields on the back of the card!
Services Available Free or at Discount Price:
Unlimited Rides on Public Transport
(excluding the Funicular in Buda Castle)
within the administrative boundaries of Budapest while the card is valid:
- the 4 metro lines (M1 yellow line, M2 red line, M3 blue line, M4 green line),
- buses inlcuding bus 200E between the Airport Terminals and the M3 metro termini at Kőbánya-Kispest (see more on how to get to the city center from Liszt Ferenc Airport
- the 5 suburban railway lines/HÉV in Hungarian (H5, H6, H7, H8, H9 lines),
- the public boat lines (D11-doesn’t operate in winter, D12-doesn’t operate in winter, D13, D14),
- cogwheel railway,
- Chairlift/Libegő in Zugliget in the Buda Hills.
The Bp card is not valid for the Buda Castle Funicular/Budavári Sikló and the Chairlift/Libegő in Zugliget.
One time free entry to the permanent exhibitions of 17 Museums & Galleries:
- Hungarian National Gallery, Szent György tér 2., Buda Royal Palace A-B-C-D buildings
- Memento Park – Communist Statue Park in the outskirts: Balatoni út-Szabadkai utca, distr. XXII. Open: every day: 10.00-till dusk.
- Hungarian National Museum, Múzeum krt. 14-16., district VIII.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Dózsa György út 41., district XIV. (Heroes’ Sqr.)
- Art Hall, Dózsa György út 37. district XIV.(Heroes’ Sqr.)
- Museum of Budapest History, Buda Royal Palace, district I.
- New Budapest Gallery in the Whale, Fővám tér 10-12., district IX.,
- Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts (Komor Marcell utca 1.., district IX.,)
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism, Korona tér 1., Óbuda, district III.
- Kiscelli Museum, Kiscelli utca 108. Óbuda, district III.
- Vasarely Museum, Szent Lélek tér 6. Óbuda, district III.
- Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Museum, Andrássy út 103. district VI.
- Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park,Szentendrei út 135. Óbuda, district III.
- Mai Manó House – Photo Gallery, Nagymező utca 20., District VI.
- Béla Bartók Memorial House, Csalán utca 29., Buda, district II., Open: Tue – Sun: 10.00 – 17.00
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center, Nagymező utca 8., District VI.
- Museum of Hungarian Customs and Finance Guard, Munkácsy Mihály utca 19/b., district VI.
- Museum of Hungarian Customs and Finance Guard
Note: Museums in Budapest are closed on Mondays.
One Time Entry to the Lukács Thermal Bath
The Lukács is one of the less touristy baths of Budapest located in the Buda side not far from Margaret Bridge. Address: Frankel Leo út 29., district II.
Getting there: Tram 4-6, get off at Margit híd, Budai hídfő stop, then walk or get on tram 19 and get off at Szent Lukács Gyógyfürdő stop.
Opening hours: every day: 06.00 – 22.00, sauna world: Mon: 14.00 – 21.00, Tues – Sun: 09.00 – 21.00
The Lukács Bath has
- 2 swimming pools
- a leisure pool (water temperature: 35 – 37 °C , in summer: 33 – 35 °C) – this one is recommended for kids: surface: 220 sqm, depth: 1,13 m
- a medicinal thermal pool (not recommended for kids under 14) – 24 – 40 °C
In the wellness department Kneipp pool, saunas, Himalaya salt wall await guests.
2 Free English Language, Guided Walking Tours
The tours depart every day, rain or shine, registration isn’t required, just be there on time
Buda Walking Tour
Departs at 14:00 daily, starting point is the Holy Trinity Column at Szentháromság Square next to Matthias Church.
You’ll explore all the major attractions as well as less known sights of the Buda Castle District, including
- the Royal Palace,
- Fishermen’s Bastion,
- You’ll also walk up to the Citadel on Gellért Hill to enjoy the amazing view.
Note: Interior visits are not included. Duration: 2 – 2.5 hours.
Pest City Walking Tour
Departs at 10:00 daily, from Molnár’s Kürtöskalács Cafe in Váci Street (address: Váci utca 31., Budapest 1052).
You’ll see the main sights including
- Váci utca,
- the Basilica,
- Andrássy Av. with the Opera House
- You drop by the Downtown Market in Hold Street.
- The tour ends at the Parliament on Kossuth Square.
Note: Interior visits are not included. Duration: 2 – 2.5 hours.
Discounts on Activities, Sights Recommended for Children
- Zoo & Botanical Garden in City Park – 25 % discount on the entry fee
- Miniversum Train Models, Interactive Tables (Andrássy út 12., district VI.) – 30 % off the entry price
- Tropicarium Aquarium in Campona Shopping Center (Nagytétényi út 37-43.) – 15 % on the entry ticket
- CSOPA – Center of Scientific Wonders in Campona Shopping Center (Nagytétényi út 37-43.) – 50 % discount
- CSOPA Play Bar (in Buda Entertainment & Gastro Plaza, Bécsi út 38-44., district III.) – 50 % discount
- TimeTrap Exit Game (Kazinczy utca 10., district VII.) – 30 % discount – recommended for kids above 14 years old, under 14 they can participate with parental supervision.
- Aquaworld Water Park (Íves út 16. district IV.) – 30 % off the entry ticket
- Palatinus Lido (Margaret Island) – 20 % off the entry ticket
- Római Lido (Rozgonyi Piroska út 2., district III.) – 20 % off the entry ticket
See also tips on more Budapest things to do for kids.
10 – 50% Discounts to More Than 60 Attractions/Activities
- thermal baths,
- activities (e.g. escape room games)
- boat tours etc.
Free Pocket Guide mobile app: 13 thematic tours to help you explore the city.
The card is valid for one person, regardless of age, for 72 hours starting from the time of first use (there’s a built-in chip that activates the card upon first use).
Please also fill in the fields on the back of the card before the first use using Hungarian date order:
- month in the the first,
- day in the second and
- hour (rounded backwards) in the third box. Please use the 24 hour clock system, Do Not Use am and pm
You want to start using the card from 15. May 2019, from 14.15. Then you fill in the fields on the back of the card:
- Month/Hó: 05 – Day/Nap: 15 – Hour/Óra: 14
Or 06. July 9.45:
- Month/Hó: 07 – Day/Nap: 6 – Hour/Óra: 9 Note: You round the the hour backward!
Or: 28. December 9:50 pm – On the card you write:
- Month/Hó: 12 – Day/Nap: 28 – Hour/Óra: 21 Note: You have to use the 24 Hour clock system, not pm or am!
Please also remember to sign the card!
You might also be interested in the other two city passes (same discounts, services apply):
Return to our main Budapest card page!
Terms and Conditions
By booking the program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.