Explore Budapest’s top landmark, the Parliament on a 1-hour guided tour available in several languages.
Discover a new face of Hungary’s culture along with its most important building on a program that will sure to make a fond memory of your travels in Budapest!
The Hungarian Parliament is the third largest parliament building of the world and one of the most recognised landmarks of Hungary.
Built in 1904 by Imre Steindl in a peculiar Eclectic style mixed with Neo-Gothic details, it is currently the largest building of the country.
The 1-hour guided tour is available every day from 10.00 in a couple of languages. You can end the day watching a spectacular folklore show of authentic Hungarian dances and music, starting at 22.00.
The tour is combined with
- a 90-minute Hungarian folklore show + an optional night cruise with dinner (starts at 22.00)
This way you can have a worthy program in Budapest covering sightseeing, culture and gastronomy.
About the Parliament Tour
A guide will take you around the gigantic halls of the House of Parliament while sharing the secrets of its past.
You will even have a chance to explore the hall of the National Assembly and view the holiest relics of Hungarian history, the Holy Crown and the crowning jewels.
Route of the Tour
Staircase No. XVII.
The tour departs from the Visitor Centre located at the north side of the Parliament. The building boasts 28 staircases and you will ascend to the prestigious main floor through the richly decorated Staircase No. XVII.
It is lined with statues of historic Hungarian figures and the stained glass windows offer a stunning view of the landscaped Kossuth Square.
Old Upper House Hall
Then you visit the Upper House assembly hall that used to house the Upper House but today is home to conferences and meetings. The spacious, several galleries-high room has excellent acoustics.
The seats form a horseshoe shape.
Visitors can also marvel at
- the beautiful wood panels of Slavonian oak,
- gold plated details and
- the imposing oak podium for the speakers.[/tie_list]
Behind the podium you can see the pained coat of arms of Hungary’s royal families. Europe’s largest hand-knotted carpetcovers the floor.
Upper House Lobby
After the Upper House Hall you will enter the adjoining Lobby.
The sculptures – that are a tribute to historic Hungarian ethnic groups and long-forgotten crafts – are made of pyrogranite an innovation of the Zsolnay works.
The Dome Hall is the geometric centre of the building. The Holy Crown of Hungary and the Coronation Insignia have been on display here under strict guarding of the Crown Guard since 01. January 2000.
Don’t forget to look up the impressive vaulted ceiling divided into 16 sections and boasting colourful stained glass windows.
The Grand Stairway
The tour ends with visiting the other focal point of the Parliament, the red-carpeted Grand Stairway. The 96 steps lead from the main entrance up to the Dome Hall.
The 8 four-ton granite columns are unique in size and only 12 such are available in the world.
Folklore Show, 22.00
Hungarian culture is built upon a rich folk heritage dating back centuries to the rural, isolated villages of the country.
Our original Hungarian Folklore Show lets you experience this diverse cultural legacy in 90 minutes!
Explore the origins of Hungary in all of its authenticity with three of the country’s best folk dance and music performers.
The program takes place in the golden theatre hall of the historic Danube Palace in the city centre. The 90-minute show is headlined by the world-renowned
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble,
- the Rajkó Folk Ensemble and Orchestra and
- the Danube Folk Ensemble.
With their talented dancers accompanied by several highly skilled musicians, the ancient culture of Hungary will unfold right in front of you.
Bonus Ticket to 2 Museums
As a complimentary bonus to your ticket, you will receive free passes to two additional historic Danube ships as well with their own stunning exhibitions inside.
- Board a 100-year old steamboat, the Kossuth Museum ship (Budapest, Vigadó dock 2, 1052) and
- the Gróf Széchenyi Museum Ship (built 1939) (Id. Antall József rkp. 18, Budapest, 1052 ).
The Parliament tour is available in the following languages:
- Hungarian: 10:45, 14:00
- English: 10:00, 12:00, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30
- French: 11:00, 14:00
- Hebrew: 12:45
- German: 10:00, 13:30, 14:30
- Russian: 12:30, 15:30
- Italian: 10:30, 13:45, 14:45, 15:45
- Spanish: 10:30, 13:45, 14:45, 16:00
TIP: After visiting the Parliament you can learn more about its construction and the history of Hungarian legislation in the adjoining Parliament museum (it is not included in the tour price but the exhibitions are free to view).
Tour Package Options
- Parliament Tour + 90-min Folk Show (at 20.00) – Prices: EU adult: 39 EUR, EU student: 37 EUR, Non-EU Adult: 52 EUR, Non-EU Student: 40 EUR
- Parliament Tour + 90-min Folk Show (at 20.00) + Night Cruise with Buffet Dinner at 22.00. – Prices: EU adult: 79 EUR, EU student: 74 EUR, Non-EU Adult: 93 EUR, Non-EU Student: 81 EUR
- entry fee to and 1-hour English-language guided tour of the Parliament
- 90-minute Folklore performance in the Danube Palace
- 1.5-hour Night Cruise on the Danube, with buffet dinner starting at 22.00
- entry to the Kossuth Museum Ship (opening hours: 12.00 – 22.00) and
- the Gróf Széchenyi Museum Ship (opening hours: 10.00 – 13.30) – both ships are anchored right next to the cruise departure-ending point!
With Paypal: from your PayPal balance, or using a Bank Card, Credit Card. No need to create a PayPal account!
After payment you automatically receive your E-Ticket.
Please present it in print form or on your mobile/tablet to our staff at the meeting place, the Danube Palace.
Important Information Regarding the Parliament Tour
Following booking you will receive a booking confirmation in e-mail. This will be your ticket to the Parliament, make sure to bring a PRINTED COPY of it with you.
You may enter the Parliament building following a security check. Larger bags, packages and objects capable of causing injury are strictly prohibited.
The Parliament may cancel the tour due to programs and state protocol events.
A ticket cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
Visitors may not remain inside the Parliament following your guided visit due to security reasons.
Make sure to have your photo ID/passport with you when entering the Parliament.
The price of the program includes the Parliament booking fee as well.
Student prices are valid for students under 24 years of age. Make sure to bring your student ID.