Program Tips for a Romantic Day
Valentine’s day in Budapest (Bálint nap in Hungarian traditions) – we have some great romantic things to do ideas in store for you and your loved one to make 14th February a truly memorable day.
Quick Links: Valentine’s Day Accommodation Offers – TIP: Valentine’s Day Cruise with Dinner – Romantic 3-in-1 Program – Thermal Baths, Pampering Massages – Day Spa Recommendations – TIP: Wine Tasting – Romantic Train Journey with Candlelit Dinner – Romantic Restaurants/Special Offers
Explore the sights of Budapest on a romantic river tour at night.
You’ll also enjoy a four-course buffet dinner and live music (the talented Hungarian Folk Orchestra will play Hungarian/gypsy folk pieces).
TIP: You can also choose to do the program with wine tasting, without dinner.
You’ll be served 7 top-quality Hungarian wines, 8 cl of each:
- Tokaji Furmint Grand Selection
- Hilltop Premium Merlot
- Juhász Blue Frankish Rosé
- Bodri Szekszárdi Civilis Cuvée
- Bárdos Pincészet Pinot Grigio
- Tokaji Szamorodni Sweet
- Tokaji Aszu 3 Puttonyos
- Welcome drink upon arrival (a glass of champagne or a shot of palinka or a glass of juice)
- 1 glass of wine (or juice) + 1 bottle of water (0,33) or soft drink
- Cruise with Craft Beer Tasting: 6 Hungarian craft beers: full price: 29 EUR, students: 27.50 EUR
- Cruise with Cocktails: 2 cocktails or 3 beers: full price: 26 EUR, students: 24 EUR
- Cruise with Drink: A glass of sparkling wine + another glass of drink of your choice (soft drink, beer, wine): full price: 22 EUR, students: 20 EUR
- full price with dinner: 58 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 37 EUR/prs
- students, with dinner: 56 EUR/person, with wine tasting: 34 EUR/prs.
Private Bath + Harmony Massage + Evening Danube Tour with Dinner & Music
1. First you can have the Ornamented Bath Hall of the city’s prestigious thermal bath, the Gellért, completely to yourself.
The bath hall is secluded from the rest of the spa complex so you can have total privacy.
The Zsolnay-tiled bath is filled with healing thermal water for your complete reinvigoration.
During the 3-hour bath you can sip chilled champagne and nibble from the complimentary plate of fruits.
2. After the bath you can enjoy a wonderful, refreshing Harmony Massage with fragrant essential oils (lasts 60 min.).
3. Last but not least you’ll go on a 1.5-hour sightseeing tour on the Danube complete with buffet style Dinner & Live Music.
If you’re celebrating Valentine’s in the Hungarian capital you’ll need a romantic hotel to stay at.
The cream-of-the-crop 5-star Budapest Hotels like the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection (New York Palace), Corinthia Hotel offer exquisite accommodation for you and your date.
Some hotels have special Valentine’s Day Packages with romantic programs and services:
Aquincum Hotel Budapest – Valentine’s Day Offer
Address: Árpád fejedelem útja 94., district III.
The Aquincum Hotel is a fine wellness hotel located out of the centre in the Óbuda district (rich in historic and cultural sights, hidden attractions and museums, galleries.
It has everything for a romantic stay: lovely rooms, great food, a spa complex, friendly staff.
Their Wellness Relaxation in the Year’s Most Romantic Month package includes:
- 2 nights stay in a nice room
- a bottle of champagne and fruits in the room
- a romantic dinner of 3 courses by candlelight in the hotel’s Ambrosia restaurant
- access to the hotel’s spa centre (until 17.00 on day of departure)
- rich buffet breakfast,
- aromatherapy massage and tea for 2 (45 minutes)
- use of infrared sauna
- access to the hotel’s Spa & Wellness Complex: swim pools, thermal pools, Kneipp pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, fitness room
- free parking
- free Wi-Fi
- VAT and local taxes are included
Price: from 116 EUR/2 persons/night. Minimum stay: 2 nights. Valid till 24 February 2019. See more details.
Address: Erzsébet körút 43-49., district IV
A wonderful wellness hotel ideal for romantic couples and families with kids.
- 2 nights stay with a sumptuous buffet breakfast,
- ESPA Aromatherapy Massage for two (50 minutes)
- romantic turndown
- Romantic 3-course dinner by candlelight (excluding beverages)
- use of the hotel’s Royal Spa complex.
Rates: from 345 EUR/double room/night (VAT and 4 % city tax are not incl.). See details and booking.
Corinthia Hotel Budapest – Love at Corinthia Package
Experience Love at Corinthia! The offer includes
- 3-course dinner
- a 25-min massage at the hotel’s Spa
- a welcome gift upon arrival
- buffet breakfast
- use of the Royal Spa
Offer is valid between 01 – 28 February 2019.
Price: from 279 EUR
Kempinski Hotel Corvinus
Address: Erzsébet tér, district V.
This downtown hotel is an excellent choice for a romantic city break.
The location, Erzsébet Square, a small park with a couple of restaurants, bars, clubs, allows you to easily get to all the famous sights (St. Stephen’s Basilica, the Danube Promenade, Chain Bridge) by walk.
Their Romantic Getaway offer includes:
- accommodation in a room or suite
- outstanding buffet breakfast in the hotel’s ÉS Bistro,
- a glass of sparkling wine, fruits, chocolate, flowers in the room,
- unlimited use of spa facilities: swimming pool, thermal bath, sauna, steam bath,
- use of the spa: heated pool, steam bath, Finnish sauna, aroma cabin, Fitness Club
- free Wi-Fi
- Not inluded: 18 % Vat and 4 % city tax
Rates: from cc. 190 EUR/night. See details on the hotel’s website.
Aria Hotel – Love Me Tender Package
Address: Hercegprímás utca 5., distrcit V.
This new boutique hotel near St. Stephen’s Basilica offers a romantic 3 for 2 vacation.
You get a complimentary 3rd night for a 2-night booking with use of the Harmony Spa Fitness & Wellness Center complete with
- a 60-minute massage for two
- 4-course dinner by camdlelight
- Rose Petal turndown and Bath Amenity upon arrival in a luxury room or suite
- 1,5-h sightseeing tour in a History Limo and a ticket to the Budapest Eye
- chocolate covered strawberries prepared in the room upon arrival, and
- a bottle of fine wine.
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Aria was voted the World’s Best Hotel 2017 by Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
A real romantic hotel designed along the theme of music right in the heart of the city. Included are also
- Breakfast each morning
- Afternoon Wine & Cheese Reception
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coffee and Tea Service
Rates: from 221 EUR/2 prs/night.
It is still winter in Hungary in the middle of February so a dip in the hot thermal pools of bath will be a real treat on Valentine’s Day.
They also offer a range of massages and other spa and wellness treatments to make you feel invigorated on this cold winter day.
You can also indulge in a day spa if you prefer more privacy to the clatter of public baths.Here some day spas in the city center.
They offer all sorts of massage and beauty treatments (Western and Oriental), steam baths, Turkish baths, exotic showers, saunas, and various cosmetic treatments.
Most of them have special offers for couples which is ideal for a romantic program on Valentine’s Day.
Prices in a day spa vary: a simple massage or beauty treatment starts from 3 000 – 5 000 HUF while other services can cost 10 000 – 25 000 HUF.
Isis Day Spa
Address: Üllői út 14., district VIII., tram 4-6, M3 (blue) metro Corvin-negyed stop,
Open: 10.00-22.00 every day
The spa revives ancient Roman and Turkish bath culture.
You can choose from wide range of bath treatments including
- Kleopatra Bath,
- Wine Bath,
- Green Tea and
- Ginger Bath, as well as
- aromatherapy oil-baths and salt baths.
There are also steam bath and Finnish sauna.
Packages for couples include four choices, the basic Dream Couple being the less expensive (costs: 23 000 HUF).
Magnolia Day Spa
Address: Zoltán utca 3., district V., M2 (red) metro, tram 2, bus 15, Kossuth tér station
Open: Mon-Sun 09.00-21.00
A wide range of treatments and romantic packages for couples are available throughout February.
A series of exotic treatments are offered for total physical and mental rejuvenation.
Mandala Day Spa
Address: Ipoly utca 8., district XIII.Open:
In the city’s first day spa 20 types of body massages and 30 types of facial and other beauty treatments are available.
They offer special romantic packages for couples like a 60 minute classic massage with either nourishing shea butter, luxurious moisturizing cream or coconut oil aromatherapy.
A glass of fine champagne from the Kreinbacher estate and Ferrero chocolate surprise are also part of the offer: an ideal program to pamper your date on Valentine’s.
Wine Tour to Etyek Village
Take a trip to the charming wine village of Etyek 20 km north of Budapest and explore the wineyards and cellars, sample fine local wines and Hungarian food!
Transfer from Budapest and back, expert guiding in English are included in the price.
Book A Tour
A three-course menu (meat-lovers’ and vegetarian versions) accompanied by delicious wines by candlelight, live piano music in a vintage train car is a fantastic Valentine day evening program.
The luxury train departs from Nyugati Train Station at 18.50 on 14th February 2020 and will take you
- to Nagymaros a town in the Danube Bend, 50 km from Budapest, then
- back to Nyugati Train Station in the capital.
The dinner will be served in the charming dining car of the train.
You can choose from two menu options: one is for meat lovers the other for vegetarians.
A sommelier will serve wines matching the menu, but there will be also soft drinks, fruit juices, mineral water and coffee.
Live piano music will also be played. The program is 3 hours long
Price of the romantic Valentine Day train trip:
- in a standard dining car: 19 990 HUF/person
- in the Orient dining car: 24 990 HUF/person (Sold Out!)
- a train journey to Nagymaros town and back to Budapest
- a 4-course dinner served during the journey (2 menu options for meat lovers and 1 menu for vegetarians),
- drinks (welcome drink, a cup of coffee/tea, mineral water).
- live piano music by Gábor Viczián.
- 18.25-18.50 Registration at Budapest-Nyugati railway station, receiving the boarding passes, welcome drink
- 18:55 Departure of the Candle-lit Express. Starter and main course will be served on the way in the dining cars.
- 20.30-21.30 Music program in the bar car.
- 21:50 Arrival to Budapest Nyugati railway station – Farewell
See more at the organiser’s, MÁV Nosztalgia, website
Reservation: Tel: +(36 1) 815 1100
This fine restaurant located in Continental Hotel Budapest in the vicinity of the Central Synagogue welcomes everyone with a sumptuous four-course dinner on Valentine’s Day.
Easily accessible by public transport, professional service, elegant setting – very good value for the price.
Welcome drink: Love Potion Martini
Romantic Dinner Menu:
- oyster and prosecco
- Beetroot, avocado, pickled salmon, honey, double sour cream
- Asparagus, cinnamon, cashew, truffle
- Roast with pink pepper, sweet potato, cardamom, grapes
- Rose pepper grate, Dark chocolate, rose ice cream, pistachio, pomegranate
You can also treat yourself to handcrafted bonbons and chocolate fountain in the Sweet Love Corner during the evening.
Price: 14 990 HUF + 10 % service charge.
More Romantic Restaurants for a Valentine’s Day Eating Out
The most obvious way to dazzle your partner on Valentine’s day is taking her to a romantic restaurant.
Any of the fine Italian Budapest restaurants (Fausto’s, Krízia) is a perfect choice for a romantic dinner.
If you opt for local cuisine there are several elegant Hungarian Restaurants too choose from as well.
No one does romance better than the French so my pick would be a French-themed restaurant in Buda: Pavillon de Paris.
They have excellent food, great wines, friendly service and a fairy-tale like garden to be enjoyed in summer.
Related: Find more program tips for February in Budapest!